Journey of Life

 HAHA....apparently my post about being old and having wrinkles got the attention of several.  

Debbi at  http://debbisfrontporch.blogspot.com/  

 said this ~

Lines? Wrinkles? You don't have any lines or wrinkles girlfriend, you look great! Hardest thing bout getting old to me I guess is having to slow down so much.....what I used to whiz through in two hours now takes me two days. ha ha LOL! I do still wear make up every day...just the way I am, I do it for me, it helps me "get going" and feel groomed and pretty and presentable, I try to look my best--it really affects my attitude. HOWEVER...make up could just involve the bare items too....I don't do all that foundation/contour/full eye make up etc every day. (if ever!) LOL. I basically like to highlight my eyes and I LOVE LIPSTICK....I've always loved lipstick. A pretty lipstick can brighten up your whole face. I buy ALOT OF LIPSTICK........just can't help myself, LOL!--little Fairy Granddaughter calls her Ma-maw the "lipstick queen". ha ha When we are in the store I make a big pretend deal of going past the lipstick lane saying "oh NOOOOOOOO!!---HOLD MA-MAW BACK!!---dont let me buy more lipsticks!!".....and she thinks it is hilariously funny.

So Debbi here is my reply ~ I look in the mirror and I see the affect years and chronic illness has played on my face, however although I see the difference I feel lucky that I don't look OLD! I have some friends, same age that is really showing it. I am just not pleased that I don't still have that cute young look!!! haha. The slowing down and not being able to do some of the things I used to affects my mind. I want to be the same ole Pam I once was, but that is not possible. Age wise, I think I would still be going strong, Fibro wise, that is what has slowed me down more then anything. I HATE what that has done to my body more then age. Make up~ love makeup. Used to be the type that put it on before leaving the house. Brushed hair and put on clothes to go to the mailbox.....haha. Lucky if I brush my hair to go to work these days! KIDDING. When I retired in 2015 I stopped wearing it daily and really did not start to wear again till I went back to work. My eyes being my best feature I think is the one thing that I do makeup on. I do foundation, blush the whole nine EXCEPT lipstick. Never have gotten in the habit of wearing it. I tend to spend more time licking it off. I am the hold me back person for jewelry, although I don't buy much these days. 

Here is the skin I wished I still had...hair too. 

This was taken around 2005 when I was still dying my hair and had no clue there was a lot of gray under that!
I also carried weight here.
If you look close, this was also before the eyes started to droop. 


I replied to Debbi that I felt my eyes were my best feature. They have always been the one thing I liked about me.
No droop and I think I had contacts in with this pic.


Notice the start of the droop...
Can't see the eye lids in the pic below.


See no wrinkles in the pic above. Thanks to Theresa and photoshop! haha
Pic below was taken in March. I have those crows feet but a bigger issue I deal with is dark circles under the eyes and those drooping jaws! Tried to get the eye doc to pull that up and put some stitches in them when she did the eyes and she said she did not think she could do me justice. She could have done some work on that GOBBLING like neck also!!!

And Debbi, notice no lipstick!! haha...
The line across my right cheek is due to my CPAP machine. 
Notice the scar on the right side of the neck? I had surgery when I was 18, had a big knot come up on my neck. Ended up having surgery to remove that. It was an abscess on my lymph node gland. Remember my discussions on if anything strange takes place, it is usually with me? This was a big one...The docs could not figure this out, they were not sure why it appeared there and what might have caused it. It was tested at the hospital to figure out it was not cancerous. But with it being strange it was sent to Vanderbilt to have test run. It came back as basically an infection in my gland. That was it. I never could get a doc to agree with me but a month before this appeared I had a swine flu shot. I was at work and it was offered free. Later that day I had to go home. I had a headache, and my neck was so sore I could hardly hold it up. I am convinced that the live mess they shot into me is what caused this issue. 
Now my surgery was simple enough, went well. Came home and that spot filled with fluid. The size of the knot when removed as the size of a baseball and when it fill up in that spot it was again that size, and hard. Doc gave me some meds to soften it up and it did but it did not clear anything up, and then there was a hole. A small hole to begin with and the spot started draining. Then it split! I was not a happy camper at all, I had this BIG hole in my neck that would not heal. Doc did not wish to sew it back up, I was told to keep it bandaged up and let it heal from the inside out. 
Finally after months of this I decided to see another doc. He said clean it out with peroxide several times a day. WOW..it healed just fine then. But I wore a bandage for over four months. At 18, summer months knocking on the door, I was not happy.
Finally though it healed. 

Life and our journey brings on scars, they can be actual scars and they can be the ones folks never see. Those scars that live inside of us. Those journeys in our lives are what makes us who we are and it is always a matter of how you take them in. I have not always been a see things on the bright side type of person but I think taking that stance in life has helped me on my journey. If you have not dealt with impossible things in your journey, maybe now is the time. Sort them out in your head, talk to someone if you must but learn to except and live with them.....and if you can live with them with a smile and a few laughs!
Pam











Comments

Sometimes we thing age is just a number, but it's really a big number sometimes LOL!
Ann said…
I think you wear your age well Pam. You look great.
Darla M Sands said…
I agree with Ann. ~hugs~
Liz A. said…
Ah, the changes and the lessons of life.
Rhodesia said…
I mind I still feel like a kid, but sadly the body does not agree with the mind!! Keep well Diane

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom