Dishes to Drinks

Have you been enjoying the EX stories?

Lets continue that theme for now. 

(ALL PICS FROM INTERNET)

I think I might have written about this one once. But there we go again. 

One Christmas my mom got us dishes for our gift. They were pretty and I really liked them but mom got them on clearance. I joked when I opened the gift that I could not replace any that got broke so the other dishwasher in the house better be careful. 

With that being said, I was cooking dinner one evening, Glenn was working and did not get home till around 9 or 10. He usually warmed a plate up when he got in. So I made pork chops, peas and mac and cheese. Amber was out in the garage riding her little bike and I had bought her a horn. Once dinner was on the stove cooking I went to the garage to the work bench for a screw driver. There was a copy of the news paper out there and upon looking for the screw driver I lifted the paper. There under that paper was a plate.....BROKEN. It was broken in three perfect pieces. My light bulb went off.   

I took all three piece into the kitchen. Took care in washing all the pieces and when dinner was done I placed a pork chop on one piece and wrapped it in plastic wrap. Peas on another piece and mac and cheese on the other.  I then placed them all in the fridge. 
Glenn came in for dinner and I asked was he ready for dinner. He washed up and sat down at the table, I pulled out a piece of dinner and placed it on the table, then another then the last piece. Upon seeing the first piece his mouth dropped open and he said, "crap you found it". Come on now, you break a plate (it happens) but you hide it somewhere where I can find it? YEP....I found it. 

haha...

One day while watching tv I headed to the kitchen for a drink. I asked Glenn did he want one and he said he would take anything. Well upon asking again what he wanted I got the same answer. He got what I wanted him to have then...
Tea

Kool-aid

and
orange juice!

Don't mess with me, when I ask, give me an answer or you get whatever. 
Little did I realize that at the age of 60 I would add oranges to my tea!!

I have to say, living with me must have been a struggle
FUN!!
Pam







 

Comments

Julie Tucker said…
Would you call that a 3 course meal?
Sandee said…
I love your sense of humor. I really do.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. ♥
That's funny! Reminds me of our Dad's Dad. Our Dad and Mom were running around with his Mom and Dad years ago and they stopped at the Dairy Queen. The Dad's Mom asked his Dad what he wanted and he couldn't decide. He finely said just get me a big cone. That's what he got...no ice cream, just a big cone. He didn't think it was funny, he got out of the car and stomped it to pieces.
Ann Thompson said…
LOL, what a typical man thing to do. I love how you handled it
Liz A. said…
Why would he not throw the broken plate away? Yikes.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom