Cooking VS Baking, Wrinkles, Changes as You Age

 Sunday morning~ it was 53 when I got up at 7, so cool that I put on a jacket. Well, last night sitting around the firepit over at Theresa's visiting I had on jeans (first since warm weather) and a jacket! LOVE it....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE......just wished falll lasted as long as winter and summer. 

 Debbi, who I hope is sitting on her front porch enjoying some fall like temps over at http://debbisfrontporch.blogspot.com/ made a statement on my blog about fudge and her love for it. She stated that she has a recipe that she makes only at Christmas cause it requires cooking and a lot of prep....well Ms. Debbi, years ago I elected to make my life simple. I cut out cooking (haha), actually I did start doing things different to make things easier on me. Cooking was one thing I did change. When my kids were young I cooked breakfast for them before leaving for work, I cooked dinner and once a week we would eat out or I would bring something in. Also, once a week we would have soup and sandwiches. I was a single working mom and I needed to cut stuff somewhere. But reading my blog you will see that I am not much on cooking at all. I am not a fan of cooking, but more of, I am not a fan of clean up! haha..Reason for changing the cooking was basically cause my kids were gone, and I found it so hard to cook for one. 


BUT....
I love baking. I love sweets of course but when I bake I end up giving a lot a way. Same with my cooking when I cook. I gave Julie and James two pieces of Honey Mustard Chicken and some carrots and Theresa got some chicken also.
Anyway, in reply to the fudge comment, I am only making the SIMPLE type of fudge, microwave kind!!! Not a lot of prep or cook time. When the micro type is as good as it is, I am not sending a lot of time doing the other. 
Boy do I go a total round about way to tell something!!???
Gotta get off this baking thing though...in the past 1.5 yrs I have gained, 12 lbs. Yesterday it was 15, if only I could lose (and keep it off) as fast as the scales bounce back and forth. 

I picked up my STAY AWAKE pills last night. I have taken one this morn and I am letting it take affect. In a bit, I am planning on doing some laundry and working in the craftroom I wanted to work in yesterday. 

Sunday my youngest grand turned 10!
What? How is it he is getting older and I am getting younger....
(can you see me rolling on the floor laughing with that statement, oops, if you saw that then you also so me having issues getting up off the floor)!!!

Age, not for sissy's. 
The changes, that sneak up on you as you live life can hit you all of a sudden when you look in the mirror one day!
At 60, the wrinkles on my face are slight. I do have some lines under my eyes,

 not deep though, I have laugh lines or crows feet, still not deep. 

I have the lines on each side of my lips...still not deep.

(lines on the left cheek -your left is caused from my CPAP machine).

 I think all my yrs of being heavy helped keep those lines down though. 
However I do have a deep downward line there on my chin. 
And if you go back to the top pic  you will see that I have deep
lines between the brows. Frown lines I think. 

Its the other things I have noticed the most about getting older. 
HAIRS....
They thin on the head, then thinned on my legs. but above the lip 
and on the chin....
TERRIBLE.
I hate when I reach up and rub my chin and feel one of those wild, straight sticking out hairs!
PLUCK, I do a lot of PLUCKING on that chin.
Above the lip, I shave it. 

Course your state of mind changes. Things you used to love like roller coaster rides all of a sudden you realize, NOPE, I am not getting on that!
In my case, I still love a good roller coaster ride. But I realized I have a fear of stepping on an escalators. Once upon a time I never thought about it, I would just jump right on it. Now I judge that fist step. I judge that step getting off also. 

Patience changes....mine got better! Where the kids growing up used to rock my nerves now I let things go. I get onto Amber these days for being short tempered. It takes a lot for me to go off. I let a lot just roll right off my back. I can be so laid back, so calm....
~UNTIL~
I get behind the wheel of the car!!
You stupid drivers get out of my way!!! 
HAHA

What about you?
Tell your age and tell me what you have noticed as you aged...

Pam








Comments

HA! Our Dad is 66 and has mostly invisible hair on the top of his head. He used to love roller coasters too but nope, not any more.
Liz A. said…
Yeah, true, I have less anxiety about things. These are the things they don't tell you when you're younger (or rather, they do, but youth just doesn't believe it).
Christine said…
Fuuny I saw my friend this morning and I don't see her that often since covid, but she seemed older looking, I noticed a lot of wrinkles. She is 63. I am 61, I see my age around my chin.
CHERI said…
I'm 71 and I've realized that 60 is really young:) I totally agree about the chin hairs!!!! Ugh! With aging (at least for us gals) hair seems to stop growing where it used to grow and starts growing where it shouldn't!!! HORMONES!!!! I'm fortunate that I take after my mother and her siblings...not so many wrinkles (yet). My mother is 92 but has few wrinkles...her older sister died at 94 and had flawless almost wrinkle-less skin!!!! Said she had never put anything on her face but PONDS COLD CREAM! You are taking WAKE UP pills...I'm taking SLEEP pills (occasionally). With age came much less sleep! But I think the greatest age issue for me is beginning to lose family and friends that I thought would be around forever:(
Christine said…
The BeaverTail is a fried dough pastry that is sold in a variety of flavours. Most flavours of BeaverTails are topped with sweet condiments and confections, such as whipped cream, banana slices, crumbled oreos, cinnamon sugar, and chocolate hazelnut.
You would love it!
Ann said…
I'm 58 and have noticed how old I look now. I hate it. Those chin hairs are very annoying. I wouldn't say I'm any more cautious than I used to be but I have mellowed a lot. There are still things that get me mad and make my blood boil but most things that used to set me off don't bother me any more. I pretty much just roll with the punches any more.
Sandee said…
I think you look great.

I'm 69 and I'm happy in my skin. I don't wear makeup anymore and having for years. I know you take care of your face as I do and that's about all we can do. Well not smoking and drinking helps too.

Hubby does the cooking and I do the clean up. Works for us. He loves to cook and me not so much.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches to the babes. ♥
Darla M Sands said…
You're so beautiful. :) As for me, it seems that decades of asthma medicine (steroids, basically) have caused hair growth to accelerate. While I'm getting thin on top, peach fuzz on my arms and what amount to sideburns are going nuts just like those pesky chin hairs you mention. Even my legs need shaved more often, and I was all for doing it less. lol Yes, growing old is not for the faint of heart. Be well, my dear.
Oh Lord girl....you got good skin and are so very pretty. I have wrinkles. Some my own fault and some I surely inherited from my mom and granny. I actually need an overhaul! Wish I could afford to get one! LOL! I keep remembering the words of a much older woman once...She said honey, A smile will cover our wrinkles. LOL! Hugs and blessings to you. Cindy
The chicken looks lovely. I'm more of a cook than a baker and when I bake it is mostly savory treats. As for the age thing - you look lovely, even in your candid photos.
Amalia
xo
BeachGypsy said…
Lines? Wrinkles? You don't have any lines or wrinkles girlfriend, you look great! Hardest thing bout getting old to me I guess is having to slow down so much.....what I used to whiz through in two hours now takes me two days. ha ha LOL! I do still wear make up every day...just the way I am, I do it for me, it helps me "get going" and feel groomed and pretty and presentable, I try to look my best--it really affects my attitude. HOWEVER...make up could just involve the bare items too....I don't do all that foundation/contour/full eye make up etc every day. (if ever!) LOL. I basically like to highlight my eyes and I LOVE LIPSTICK....I've always loved lipstick. A pretty lipstick can brighten up your whole face. I buy ALOT OF LIPSTICK........just can't help myself, LOL!--little Fairy Granddaughter calls her Ma-maw the "lipstick queen". ha ha When we are in the store I make a big pretend deal of going past the lipstick lane saying "oh NOOOOOOOO!!---HOLD MA-MAW BACK!!---dont let me buy more lipsticks!!".....and she thinks it is hilariously funny.
Jeanie said…
I love both cooking AND baking! Oh, differences. Well, I'm 69 and my main change is my hair which if I didn't help it along would be a dismal frizzy gray or white. That's the biggest. I have always been a don't sweat the small stuff kind of person. My lungs are worse because my disease is progressive and I hate that I have wrinkles around my mouth which come from 20 or more years of using inhalers! But not many others, so that's OK. I have to be more disciplined to lose weight, too! I very consciously savor every day. I think I've always leaned toward that but now I do it much more. And I realize I cannot change certain things. I can try to influence if need be, but the only thing I personally can change is myself. In some ways, that is very comforting.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom