Bdays and Names

 You will be getting this amazing post...(haha) on Tuesday if I post correctly! That will depend on me and my state of mind....

Before going any further into this post let me state here that I do not like this new set up on blogger. But then again, I am not a fan of the new changes on FB either. There is a button to change back to the old version on FB and it holds for 48 hours. I keep hitting that. I will be so lost when they take that away. 

Hence another change with my age....

CHANGE. I used to love change, and I am so not a fan of it anymore. Learning new things boggles my mind. A lot of that can be age but a lot can be the FIBRO. 

On yesterdays blog I told you that Braden, my youngest grand turned 10. Here is the line up~ 

Braden's bday is in Sept.

Caleb's bday is in Oct.

Dustin Jr's  (DJ) is in Nov. 

But then their mom, Amber, my oldest brat  child has her bday in Dec. 

But lets not stop it there~

Amber is the 

Braden is the 

B

Caleb is the 
C

 Dustin is the

 D

 haha...

Of course the bdays were not planned. The alphabet line up was not planned until it got to the birth of the last child. Amber had the C and D and contacted me one day and said she needed names starting with a B. 

When I named Amber in 1980, Amber was not a popular name, but the year after it boomed. I got her name from a book I was reading at the time, the lady in the book was Amberleigh. I was going to go with Amber Lynn but then I changed to Amber Leigh. I knew in my heart that she was a girl.

Had she been a boy the name was to be Joshua Wayne. 

When Amber was pregnant with her first, Caleb, she told me that the dad wanted to name him Tyler Lee. I however was not a fan of Lee but it was not my kid. I did suggest after Amber telling me she did not like it that maybe something like Caleb Tyler, Cobi Tyler..and some others sounded nice. They picked Caleb Tyler. 

When DJ came a long I learned of his name when they named him that. He is named after his dad. Like I said, when Braden came along I suggest Braden. So I had a part in naming Caleb and Braden. Plus I was there in the room with all three of the births. .....oh wait, all four, I was there also when Amber was born...haha. 

Now that all that is out of the way~

for the past 31 days I have been hosting a photo challenge on FB. 

I had a list of items that I challenged everyone to play along with.

Sunday was day 31....rust.

It was fun. See what I can come up with to get folks involved again later on. 

Do you have issues coming up with pets names, did you struggle over naming your kids, were the kids named after someone else?

Pam



Comments

Sandee said…
You can keep the old Facebook look with an add-on. I use Firefox and if you go to tools and then click add-ons and then search for REVERT SITE and add that you'll have the old Facebook look. It works in Chrome and others too. Love it.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. ♥
Two of us kitties were named at the shelter (Brian and Dolly), Simon was named based on his personality and Seal was named because as a wee, wee one she looked like a baby seal.
Liz A. said…
I have no kids, so no issues naming ;)
Christine said…
You have a lot of lovely family, blessed. The new blogger takes a few days to get used to, I don't add labels anymore, it was taking too long, and now I am fine.
Darla M Sands said…
I've never been a fan of change. Heh... As for names, our first two cats were easy. Luna's big golden eyes inspired me, and the Humane Society gave Tilley hers; we just dropped the 'E' because I always liked Jennifer and Meg Tilly. :) Jezebel went through various monikers but this obviously stuck. Be well!
Ann Thompson said…
I'm not crazy about the new blogger or Facebook either.
I picked Amanda Leigh for my daughter and my ex didn't like the Leigh so she was Amanda Lynn. My son we had picked Zack and the exes entire family hated it and made a fuss so we picked again and went with Bradley Michael.
CHERI said…
I also do NOT like the changes on blogger or FB! Why fix something that ain't broke?????????? I am not one that likes change very much either. Although I would love, love, love for a whole LOT of things to change (for the better) in 2021!!!! I need a roll of toilet paper to write down all the "crap" (pun intended) that has gone on in my world and in my own life in 2020!!! Our son's name was easy...my husband wanted him to be the III...we call him Trey. It fits him although I guess it's not as cute when you are 47!!! My sister named my daughter MANDY because at the time she was learning to play Barry Manilow's song on the piano. I helped named my grandson...but only middle name. My son knew he wanted his daughter to be named after his sister (now deceased). As a school teacher of young children, I got used to (after several years) of how strange some people can name their children. In fact, some of those parents needed to be shot!!!! You may not believe this but it is the total and honest truth. One year I had a little girl whose first name had EVERY SINGLE LETTER OF THE ALPHABET...yep...all 26!!!! It started with ZERTA, so that's what we called her. I could never learn to pronounce her whole name and sure never learned to spell it but she could...a very smart little girl. Can you imagine how long it took that Mama to figure that name out!!! And my question....WHY????
Rhodesia said…
Not sure that my parents actually planned their children's names, but they were Dulcie and Don and we were Diane and David - the four D's.
I also hate both FB and the new Google, why when something is working well do they have to change it?
Take care and stay safe, Diane
Jeanie said…
I never had to name kids but Lizzie was named after the Queen and also orphan Cosette in Les Mis (Elizabeth Cosette) and Gypsy was named after Gypsy Rose Lee. I didn't know he was a boy at the time!
BeachGypsy said…
I never had any trouble picking names for any of the kids, or pets, for that matter--names just come to me! ha ha LOL I DO LOVE the name Amber--it's pretty. Do you have any adventures planned for this weekend? We dont, not really....just winging it I guess.
I don't do Facebook ...
I'm now used to the new blogger, I'm not sure if it's better than the old one but at least it's there and we can visit each others blogs etc.

We really enjoyed choosing the children's names.
You and your family have some great names.

All the best Jan
Darla M Sands said…
I hope you're doing well, dear. ~hugs~ Miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom