Mommies Little Helpers and The Blueberry Bomb

On Saturday my daughter posted pics of DJ and Braden. Along with their pics you posted this~

My little helpers today! Braden helped me make 2 cheesecakes. 

Image may contain: 1 person, child and closeup

DJ helped me make lasagna and volunteered to do dishes because according to him he is a professional!!

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and indoor

My sweet yet silly grands!!!

James at the wedding venue wanted a Blueberry Bomb cake for his step dads bday. So he whipped out the money for me to make it. 

Image may contain: food

However, making it in a larger pan, then flipping it out of the pan, it broke up. 

CRAP!

But, upon putting on the icing, cream cheese icing, I was able to piece it together and cover it up.

Image may contain: food

I do not do a full cover of icing, I actually melt the container of icing a little (no, I did not make the icing this time) and I sort of pour it over the cake and smooth it out. 

I made this same cake using pie filling cherries and leaving the blueberries out, it was moist, tasted good but was not the blueberry bomb!  HAHA.....

Do you have a fave cake? Do you make it or does someone make it for you?

Pam


Comments

Darla M Sands said…
I've never heard of this cake before, but it sounds yummy. Carrot and cherry cakes (the latter from a box mix) used to be favorites when we were younger. You have lovely grandchildren. :)
You sure have some good looking helpers!
Sandee said…
I've not had cake in years, but I did love German chocolate cake in my youth. I think it was the frosting I liked the most. Can I come over for some cake, and lasagna? I'm hungry now.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Scritches to all the babes. ♥
Christine said…
Cake looks so good!
The boys are so cute. Yum on the desserts and lasagna.
Ann said…
Nice to have helpers especially with the dishes.
THe cake looks good. About the only cake I eat any more is the 123 cake in a cup.
Liz A. said…
More cake! You're getting good at that.
BeachGypsy said…
Grandkids are adorable and my favorite cake IS COCONUT for sure! I also love good homemade pies......coconut and the old fashioned chocolate pie with meringue on top, my Ma-Maws made such good pies. My one grandma oh my gosh she made the most amazing HOMEMADE BUTTERSCOTCH PIES. Never had anything like it before or since. She always had a butterscotch or chocolate pie ready and waiting for me when we came to visit, and my other ma-maw had the big white old fashioned coconut cake covered in fluffy 7 minute frosting and snowy coconut,up there on the sideboard on her glass cake plate, waiting for me. That old fashioned icing was 6 minute or 7 minute, I don't remember??---and it boiled on the stove or something. Sure was delicious. I like to bake spice cakes in the Fall and winter, and use cream cheese icing. The stuff that COMES OUT OF A CAN..........HA HA HA LOL!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom