Cross Stitch, Dog Food and School

Wow...not sure how to act...
I usually have post in the
hopper to post but today,
I did not have one.

I am still unpacking things
around here. Still getting 
rid of things. Advice to all~
when moving. GO THROUGH
things before moving, get RID
of things before moving!
I moved everything and now
I have to go through it. I 
started out boxing up the
stuff to get rid of, thoughts
were a yard sale. NOPE...
decided that was way too
much work so I started posting
things on the subdivision FB
page and Marketplace to sell.
Sold things that way but then
got tired of that so I moved 
a few items at a time to the 
drive way, posted pics on 
FB as FREE. Got rid of things
like that. Finally had enough....
loaded brothers truck and 
to Goodwill a lot of it went.

However there are just somethings
that I don't want to just send
to Goodwill....

No photo description available.

When I was heavy into cross stitching
years ago I made this. It is in about a 
10x12 frame. I really don't have a 
place to hang it and thought about 
getting rid of it but then I decided 
NO...not yet. It is standing on the 
top of my hutch in the living room. 

By the way a couple of years ago
I did give hundreds and hundreds
of dollars worth of cross stitch stuff
away. Books, patterns, material, 
every color of thread you would need....
I found as I have aged that seeing those
little sq blocks was just too hard plus
I now have Lily! Not easy to try and 
pull thread through material while
a cat chases that said thread! lol

I know this is a totally HORRIBLE
pic. But it is actually 12 bags of 
dog food. The other day I tooked
up 3 lbs of chicken thighs, and about
5 of chicken breast for the dog. 
I mix the chicken so that the breast
gives a moister meal. I add either 
rice or (this time) peas. Once I 
chop up the chicken I put in 
bags. When sealing the bags I 
make sure no air is left and that
way I can lay them flat. 

Pic is of bags stacked on top 
of each other in the freezer.

No photo description available.

My grands are attending their 
first day of school today. 
DJ is going in 6th and 
Braden in 4th. 

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and shoes

My county, the county that
Nashville (capital of TN) is 
in they are starting virtual 
learning till the end of Aug...
(maybe)...but in the county
where the boys live, numbers
of the virus are low so they
are doing school.

DJ will stay after school 
since he has football practice.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing

Braden will be taking the bus
home where his older brother,
Caleb will be waiting for him. 

Image may contain: 1 person, standing

My handsome boys.

How is school being handled in 
your area of the world?
30 Great Motivational and Inspirational Quotes for Teachers #inspirationalquotes #teacherquotes #teaching #wisdom #teachers

Pam

Comments

Sandee said…
I hear you on moving and what to keep and what to let go. We are doing that now, but it's just de-cluttering. It's been a good thing. Lots of deep cleaning too.

No school here, but I live in California, so no surprise there. This used to be such a wonderful state.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Scritches to the babes. ♥
Sometimes it's tough deciding what to toss and what to not. Schools down here are multiple choice, you can choose a) In school, b) virtual or c) a combination of both. Nothing like making a decision.
Christine said…
Good luck to the boys in school, hope they stay safe!
Hope the boys find going back to school is all ok.

Here in the UK the government are planning on all schools and all pupils going back this September ... time will tell.

Stay safe and well.

All the best Jan
Ann said…
I've always said I wanted to clean my house as if I was moving but I've never quite gotten around to doing it. I really should though.
Hard to believe it's back to school time already. The kids there go back early. I've heard here that all the high school will be doing on line and the elementary will be split half go monday and tuesday and the other half go wednesday and thursday and then they all do online on friday. I don't know if it's been finalized though.
Liz A. said…
Sure, ideally you go through things before the move, but realistically, there's so much to do in so little time that you really don't have the time or energy to get it done. You have so much more time after the move. Yeah, moving it sucks, but why make it harder when you're on a deadline?

The state of California (well, not the state, CIF, which does high school sports) cancelled fall sports. Well, not cancelled. Postponed. Football in the spring? It'll be different...
Love the cross stitching. I use to do crewel embroidery. Way to go on making your own dog food. Hope they have a great school year and stay well. Yes they are very handsome boys!
Rhodesia said…
We have moved so many times that junk does not last the long with us generally, but 15 years now in France is a different story. Never been in one place for so long and we do not plan to ever move from here now! I love that cross-stitch you must keep it. Keep safe and enjoy the rest of the week. Diane

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom