Pros and Cons, Bday Meal, Yard Art

Pros and Cons~

There were a lot of CONS
living at my old home but
they of course cons that I 
had learned to live with over
28 yrs. 

Now at the age of 60 with
a major move, selling of
my home and purchasing
of my childhood home I 
am learning the pros and 
cons of being here. I just
have to learn to adjust to 
them so they become
my new normal!

Pro ~ my old home
was on a nice sized
lot. Narrow since I was
attached on one side to 
my neighbor. But it was 
long and flat. Shady, from 
the trees on the creek and 
ones I added over the yrs. 
Con ~ here at new place,
bigger yard, unused space,
and its on a hill. Pro to 
that is it is nothing a riding
mower can't handle and pro
my brother still enjoys doing 
it. 


In the past I have stated that I 
need to hire a photographer to
take my blog pics...
Proof, pic below.

Last Monday, the 8th was
my younger brothers bday.
I did not have the time to
get something done for him
however I did call him and sing
happy bday to him. Not sure
if that is something I need 
to do cause my mom always
did that for us. It might be a 
tradition she started that I need
to drop. 

However I decided that I needed
to cook bud a meal. Last 
night (Sunday) I made chicken/cheese
casadias. In Kim's it is just
chicken cooked with onion and
cheese. Mark's I added jalapenos. 
I fixed them up a dish of 
beans with cheese. Chopped
up tomatoes, a container of
sour cream, and salsa. 

No photo description available.

Image may contain: food

Image may contain: food

A tradition I have cont that
mom did was every so often
she would fix Mark up 
some Mexican cornbread.
Got up this morning and 
mixed up two pans of that.
I will send one whole 
one and 1/2 the other to
Mark. I will keep 1/2
for me. 
Image may contain: food

Thought of making this for
him but I never replaced my
cocoa. I do  have a yellow
cake mix here at the house 
but then I would have to 
make icing so I think 
I have decided to pic
him up a snack cake and 
put a candle in it.

Check out my FREE
yard art!
Image may contain: outdoor

Problem~ not sure where I will put
it though. Well when its free and you
have always wanted one you take and 
worry about that issue later!
Totally would have wanted
one older but this one is cool.

On the deck, 11 am Monday morning
the 15th. 75 degrees with a wind. Low
temps with low humidity in mid
June....not a normal but I will take it.


Pam




Comments

Christine said…
Cute meme. Happy birthday to your brother!
That food looks plenty yum to me and I like that manual push mower, much quieter!
Rhodesia said…
Love that old mower, I can remember the days when we used to have one!! Take care and keep well, Diane
Liz A. said…
Birthday traditions are nice. But it's cool to change them up a bit as the times and people around them change.
Ann Thompson said…
Happy birthday to your brother.
I see nothing wrong with any of your pictures and the ones that are blurred make me feel better about some of the pictures I post on my blog
CHERI said…
It's amazing to me how people in different parts of the same country eat so differently. Your dishes you wrote about are nothing I've ever even heard of...and, no offense, I don't think I want to try. Years ago we went to San Francisco and we thought we'd starve before we got home:) We finally rode a cable car MANY MANY blocks just to get some Kentucky Fried Chicken!!!! I'm sure you will adjust to all the new things in your new/old home. We built ours 40+ years ago and some of the pros way back then have now become cons and vice versa...LOL! Happy Birthday to your brother!!!
Darla M Sands said…
I cannot imagine where Cheri lives. Her experience reminds me of a fun movie called "Shirley Valentine". If you haven't seen the film, you should. In one scene, British visitors to Greece are 'rescued' by fellow Britain Shirley, who cooks them familiar food. ~giggle~ Be well, and take your time adjusting.
Pilar said…
Happy Belated Birthday to your brother!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom