Flowerbed, Curtains on the Deck, Plumbing


The flowers that was embedded in
the paper that the company that 
did Dakota's ashes did not come up.
I wanted to put this plaque that a 
friend sent me with those so I
waited to see if they would make
it. But ...instead I just placed it
in the flower bed with my
Zinnia seeds that have started
popping up.

No photo description available.

Here is a shot of the flowerbed.

It is on the back side of the house,
just right off the deck steps and 
behind the wood fencing that seperates
the side yard from the back. 

Image may contain: plant and outdoor

The flowerbed got thrown up
in a hurry cause I brought plants
from the old house that needed
to be put in the ground. I 
used my odd plates I bought a
couple years ago for the back 
border to prevent dirt from 
washing under the small opening
on the fence. Adds great color
till plants bloom. I also hauled
the rocks over from the old house. 
Once I had that bed made and plants
in it I realized that DUH, that would 
not be big enough. So with the aid
of more brought over rock I 
extended it. HAHA....

Zinna seeds popping up....
when I planted them from 
seeds I bought I just dumped
for envelopes full of seeds so
these will probably get thick!!

Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature

The view above the flowerbed. 

Image may contain: cloud, sky, plant and outdoor

Down along the fence inside that area I have
this big pot of hummingbird vine growing.
There is a trellis that is also in the pot for
them to grow up. These things grown
over night and I do think they grow
an inch each day!


I am one of those plant it here
and see what it does sort of
person so the space that does
not have the vine popping up
I planted some two year old
morning glory seeds....just 
to see what would come up and 
what would not!! haha....

It has taken me awhile to get 
whatever I have gotten done.
Over a month ago I hung some
deck curtains that I had at the 
other place. They are twin size
sheets which is so much
cheaper then material or
curtains. I needed five
at the other place. I managed
to hang two on one side of the
deck and I realized that some
were missing, packed in another
box. So I stopped. Since then, last
week I located them and I have
now managed to have two sides 
of my deck done.

Side facing the next door neighbor.
Image may contain: outdoor

Being on a corner lot this is 
my other next door / back neighbor.
Image may contain: outdoor and indoor

I only needed five panels
at the old place cause basically
I only had two sides, the 
one side had a piece of wooden
fencing. But this place has
three open spots. I was short
a panel. Got that yesterday so
I need to hang the last two panels
and BAM that will be done. 

Back several post ago I 
posted about my issues with
plumbing here at the new house...
I put out there on fb a couple weeks
ago that I need recommendations
for a plumber that would not 
break the bank. A guy I went to 
school with, not seen in
40 some odd years said he was
a plumber for 33 yrs. I felt I wanted
to go with him. I sent him a private
message and told him all that was
going on and he said he would 
come look and maybe we could
barter. He had asked me months 
ago just as I started to move if
I would be interested in redoing
an old antique sewing machine and 
I told him after the move I would.
So....he is doing all my plumbing 
work, I buying parts, and I will
do his sewing machine cabinet. 
Now...I love doing business like
that!!! 
33 Fantastic Inspirational Quotes  #motivation #motivationalquotes #wisdom #greatquotes #inspiringquotes

Pam

Comments

Sandee said…
Bartering is a good thing and fixing up your new digs is a wonderful thing too. I'm loving what you're doing.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Big hug. ♥
wisps of words said…
A lot of work, but great flower bed!!!

Your back porch, with those curtain/"sheets" is lovely! Gives privacy, without seeming to be "unkind" to the neighbors. If you know what I mean. -smile-

And they make your porch look like a Private Oasis!

Barter Babe! Barter! The old fashioned way of living. Love it!!!
Darla M Sands said…
Bartering like that is awesome! Good for you. You sure keep busy. :) I hope you're able to get some deserved rest.
Rhodesia said…
Sounds a great way to get the plumbing done. Keep safe, Diane
Ann said…
everything looks good. I wish I was good at the gardening like you are
Christine said…
RIP Dakota.
Bartering, the old fashioned way of life … I love it!
The flower bed looks great.

Sending my good wishes.

All the best Jan
That is a lovely plaque. Corner lots are awesome. Sounds like a good deal you have going with the plumber.
Liz A. said…
I'm sure the garden will be fine once you have some time to really spend on it. Glad you found a plumber that barters.
Good for you, your plumbing problems might be solved soon!
BeachGypsy said…
"crime is not the way to state how you feel". So glad you stopped by my blog today and thanks for commenting. Love your new sheet curtains....they look great! Love how you've done your gardens too....I ADORE PLATES in a garden,I'm going to do that too!--I saw that in a garden in the early spring and thought it was so neat! So glad you now have a plumber lined up, that is a great barter deal! Well, the weekend is now here, hope you have a real nice one! Stay safe!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom