Protest in Nashville Saturday Night

I am ashamed of my city. 
Two months ago we were all
coming together after the 
tornado's, we came together
on 2010 with the floods and 
at other times....

tonight ~ Saturday night~
protest in the 
streets of Nashville. 
(pic from TV)
Image may contain: one or more people and screen

I am sorry for the family of
George Floyd. Sorry for the events
that took his life. But one wrong 
should not follow another wrong. 
Protest are fine. Burning buildings
to looting, chanting at police 
and destroying things around 
Nashville. 

Sorry folks but this is not about
the death of George Floyd anymore,
this is about a bunch of trouble makers
and thugs acting out, showing their
true self and just looking for an excuse
to act out. 

A statue at the capitol that
was installed in 1924.
(Pic from tv)
No photo description available.

Light post broken down. 
Our historical court house
spray painted, windows broken,
and offices set on fire. 

Moved down to iconic 
2nd Ave, broke into stores
and bars, looting and tearing
things apart. This to places that 
just opened back up last week
after being shut down for 2 months.

SWAT was called in. National Guard
has been called in. 

I am sick. I can't believe that people
really think this bring justice for 
George Floyd. 
What does this prove,
what does it fix, 
how is this justice?

(pics taken from FB)

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: table and indoor

Image may contain: indoor

Image may contain: 1 person, standing
I know that a lot
of towns and cities are
in the same boat with
this taking place.

My son lives in La Mesa
Calif. Police station
2 blocks away. It got
to sounding so bad 
last night on his way
to work that my daughter
in law and grandpup 
went to her mom's for the 
night so she would not
be there in the house
alone. 

THIS IS NOT
JUSTICE !!!


Pam

Comments

Sandee said…
This is a coordinated, paid for bunch of thugs. This is political as just about everything has been for so very long. If anyone thinks this is okay, they are the problem. You're spot on, Pam. ♥
Rain said…
Hi Pam, I totally agree with you. Violence doesn't get anywhere. And it also instills stereotypes and prejudice. Just my opinion. It is shameful. I'm happy to be far away from people right now. I hope you're doing well! I've been at my new home for just over 3 weeks now. We got internet installed last week and I'm in catch up mode. The place is great, it's a fixer upper but we're up for the task! The view of the woods brings peace of mind and helps me forget about the insane world out there.
They are not protesters they are criminals.
Christine said…
Two wrongs don't make a right.
It is all so sad. I can't even watch. This helps nothing other than bringing us further apart. That is not a protest. They could have had peaceful ones because what happened was tragic but these actions are not solving anything.
Ann said…
It's so widespread, there was a lot of damage done here in Erie, Pennsylvania. It's totally senseless.
Betsy said…
You are so right Pam. I couldn't look at a few of your last pictures, it made me sick to see the destruction. In Richmond here were riots, I know some of the confederate statues were vandalized. Sick of it. Who is bussing some of these thugs in. I am sick to hear also about a black 77 year old retired police officer shot in the chest and killed by looters in Kentucky. Trying to protect property there. Not heard much about this man at all. His life mattered, where is the outcry for this Man and his family?
more to this than we know I am afraid.
wisps of words said…
June 3

Wow! Someone who is actually saying this!!!!

I've been fed up with Pretty Blog Land. They are either not posting anything, or just posting pretty flowers and life as usual.

I did one on the SpaceX flight and said my view of the 3 parts of this.

And then, just now, I posted an in your face pic of stupidity. In the name of protest about a horrible murder. I am sick of Pretty blog land.

Actually thought who ever runs Blogger, would shut me down, for posting this pic. Hahhhh... Not yet.

Anyway, this is peaceful rightful protest, hi-jacked by criminals, who just want to loot/steal, and by anarchists, who want to tear down our Country!!!!

Enough... thank you for saying something. No one else is.

Jeanie said…
I am all for protests and peaceful demonstrations and in many cities that has been the case. But I'm not at all for looting and damaging property. I suspect there is a lot of anger out there not only about George Floyd but with all the unemployment and such. I understand but it's not excuse.
Pilar said…
Ir broke my heart to watch CNN and the local news last weekend. I was surprised to see the capital city in such chaos and turmoil. Fires, looting, and fighting. Honestly it was scary. Black lives matter! and for those that turned the peaceful protests into chaos and danger I pray they see the error in their ways. I don't think it was people from South Carolina causing the riots I heard it was from people that don't live here. I pray for the world.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom