Old Pic, Carpet, Spread, Violets


Been SLOWLY working
at getting things done at
the new house....and the 
old house.
While doing that I pulled
this out of a box that left
mom's house to mine and
then back here again.
Image may contain: 5 people, including Pam Montgomery Jackson and Amber Howell, people sitting

Mom had it on the wall
I however took it out of the
frame to put away. 
The young one sitting
on my lap is Braden. He
turned 9 in Sept. So this
was taken some time ago.
That is Caleb (19) sitting
by me. My daughter and 
DJ in her lap.

Today Amber, Caleb,
DJ and Braden came
to help at the old house.
I still had stuff in the bedrooms
but getting boxes down the stairs
was really hard on me so the boys
took it all down for me. Its all
in the living room. MAYBE
soon I will get it to the other
house. 

Anyway, Amber got in 
my room and even though
I told her to cut the carpet
in manageable sizes, to 
make taking it to the
trash later this week....
BUT NO....she went
right in and ripped it
up 

Image may contain: 1 person, indoor

and out the window it 
went. 

Image may contain: plant

Two bedrooms done!
After getting it all out
she worked on getting
staples out of the floor
while DJ, Caleb and 
I worked on getting the 
tack strips up. 

Handyman is going 
to start painting 
tomorrow. I am not
having every room 
done but the kitchen, 
bathroom, one bedroom
and hall. Those need it 
the worst. 

Several years ago my
mom bought me this 
spread set. I never used
it cause I told her I would
once I had my floors 
done and my room painted.
Well, today I decided it 
was time to put it out.

Image may contain: bedroom and indoor

Wild violets are so pretty. 

Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, outdoor and nature

Did you know you could
make jelly out of these?
I had NO CLUE till a
friend posted on FB 
that she was going to 
do it. 

I looked it up.
Bet it is really good.

4 ingredients

Condiments
  • 1/4 cup Lemon juice
Baking & Spices
  • 4 cups Sugar
Liquids
  • 4 cups Water
Other
  • 2 cups Violet flowers




Pam

Comments

Darla M Sands said…
What lovely bedding! I bet that jam is good, too. Edible flowers are great. I should grow nasturtiums again, they make a pretty, peppery addition to any salad. Take care, my dear, and stay safe.
WOW, that must have been a magic carpet, it could fly!
wisps of words said…
Good for your daughter! She knows how to get rid of stuff!!!!

It is Spring for me, when I see violets growing.

🌸🌱🌸
Liz A. said…
Yay, good progress on the old house. I bet they were raring to get out and do something, anyway. This is definitely a good time to get people out just to do something.
Ann said…
How nice of your daughter to do all that work for you and your grandsons for helping.
Love the bedspread. Very pretty
Rain said…
Rip it up and out the window works for me lol! :) The violets are so pretty Pam, and I do like that bed linen!!! :)
Sandee said…
You're getting things done and you have help. Excellent.

I love the bedding. So pretty.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to all the babes. Tell Lily Bit that I love her. ♥
Christine said…
Interesting violet jelly!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom