Being a Hermit, The Difference Between Her and I

Today is Sunday, writing
tomorrows blog now. 
Sometimes I don't mind that
but over times I totally forget
what I have in the hopper 
that I have blogged about!!!

After reading 
comments on today's
blog so far, I actually
thought of things to 
blog about.

One was a reply to 
Darla's comment about
people becoming hermits
due to the 
LOCK DOWN.....
Could you become a hermit?
Well for me, I have always
been a social butterfly as
my mom called me. I like
people! I have always liked
people. However I have
become more of a not
so social person due
to my fibro. I have also
had to back out of plans
in the past due to it. Some
days, it is just best for me
to socialize with just
me and the furs.

Moving on ~ Christine
said, "Like mother like
daughter" when reading 
about my daughter painting
furniture....haha...NO!
She is so far from being like
me. 
Image may contain: Pam Montgomery Jackson and Amber Howell, closeup

Now as a child she
looked like me. However
she favors her dad now. 
I have little eyes and no
lashes. Amber has big eyes.
thick lashes.  I love jewelry 
and Amber does not care for
it. I love bling and lace, not
Am. I love to paint furniture
and revamp it, Amber did 
paint some the other day but
she hates doing it. She only
wanted a new look and she
saw what paint was doing
for my stuff. She is not an 
artist, she can't draw stick
people. She can't paint any
on canvas and what I saw 
before, not even a painter 
of walls...haha. She is not
a crafter and would be scaried
silly to use a saw. She don't
recycle like mom and unlike
mom she is fine looking
the same with never cutting
her hair. I however, like to 
change things up, grow it
out, cut it off. Right now
I am in the grow it out
stage. She is not a jokester
like her mom. When younger
she was however like her
mom in one way....
a rebel!
Image may contain: Pam Montgomery Jackson and Amber Howell, people smiling

Different generation though, 
she was a bolder rebel then 
her mom. She also has 
the thickest hair! A 
beautiful smile, amazing
eyes but she has a short
temper, like her mom once
had. More the past yr her
and I have become closer.
She has been a good 
help to me lately and she
knows me, I don't ask
for help, you just have to
jump in and do. 

Amber has grown as
a woman more so in
the last couple of yrs and
for that I am proud. I 
only wish her the best and 
I hope that she conts to 
grow and evolve with 
each passing day. 

Love you Am,
mom.
30 Mother and Daughter Quotes - Relationship Between Mom and Daughter Short Quotes

Pam



Comments

Ann said…
I can definitely see the family resemblance between the two of you. I'm glad you have a good relationship with her. I was never close to my mother and my daughter seems to gravitate more to her boyfriends family than to her own.
Christine said…
Nice tribute to Amber as we approach Mother’s Day. I should check when that is.
Rhodesia said…
Love the photos and you are so lucky to have Amber. Take care, Diane
Sandee said…
I didn't have a daughter, but I did have two granddaughters and they are awesome.

Have a fabulous day and week, Pam. ♥
wisps of words said…
Sweet tribute to your daughter...

My wish...
Depending on your circumstances,
Let the healthy, go back to work,
Compromised people, still stay home.
πŸŒΈπŸ’›πŸŒ·πŸ’›πŸŒΈπŸ’›πŸŒ·πŸ’›πŸŒΈπŸ’›πŸŒ·πŸ’›πŸŒΈ

Pilar said…
Beautiful written post to your daughter Pam. Love the pictures of you two!
Julie Tucker said…
Awwww, so sweet. I'm blessed to know both of you Beautiful & Wonderful Ladies and so thankful to call you both my FRIENDS!!!
Liz A. said…
If you were both alike, you'd probably have more conflict. Isn't that how is usually goes?
Sally said…
Amber is beautiful just as you are beautiful, Pam. Amber sounds like she should be my daughter in that you can do so many things, and I'm like HOW IN THE WORLD CAN PAM DO ALL THAT?? :)

You being a social butterfly when you're able, and I'm just the opposite. I can be when I need to be I guess. But, being a hermit is something I can attest to. I love seeing the family, and occasionally friends yet I'm happy to be by myself too. If that makes sense. Okay, I don't know if I said any of that right. hahahaaa

Anyway, you take care, Pam.
oxox
A terrific post and a wonderful and fun bunch of photos!
Jeanie said…
What a lovely tribute to your daughter. Big smiles! (And yes, I could easily become a hermit!)
A woman in line at the pharmacy (properly distanced, of course) said to me: we are all lepers now, aren't we?
Amalia
xo
Darla M Sands said…
What a lovely post. I have chills. :) Best wishes to you and yours, my dear.
A lovely post and pictures Pam.
My good wishes to you.

All the best Jan

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom