Rain, Sky, Cleaning, Appointments

Rainy, rainy, rainy day and it hung
with us till right at 1:00.

But it was pretty driving
to the barn this evening to 
feed.

Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor and nature

But before evening time my
daughter, her hubby and my
middle grand met me at mom's
house. They helped me carry
things to the basement (boxes
of things that belong to others).
And they carried off 3 SUV
loads of stuff to Goodwill. 

I dusted floors and cleaned
up a bit. Forgot the mop so 
I will go back with it tomorrow.

I will start moving boxes in and
next weekend, if not raining then
I will rent a u haul and Amber and 
that small football team she has
will come help move stuff.

Such a peaceful feeling with
in me these days.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, tree, outdoor and nature

I saw an eye doc for the eye lid
surgery. I blogged later that I 
got the ok from the insurance company
to have the surgery and although the
doc was in my plan, the place she
operated out of was not. Now I did
not wish to have to meet my deductible
and pay out of network cost to have 
the surgery. Plus apparently the 
insurance company contacted my
heart doc who said that he would
not ok surgery since I have not seen
him in 3 yrs. .....

I saw him last time a week before
my gastric by pass surgery. I was
taken off all my meds but the 
beta blocker for the heart. However
after being home a week or so and 
having a lot of dizzy spells and passing
out a couple of times I started taking
my BP....the beta blocker was taking
it down to far.Docs office said come
off the meds. I have not had no 
issues so I figured all was well.

Well with all that said, I called to 
get apt with heart doc. He is no longer
taking my insurance, just as well, I 
did not care for him anyway.  I located
another heart doc to go to. I also
found another eye doc and both
are under my plan as well as the 
hospitals they work out of. 

Friday I saw the new heart doc.
He said that my heart issue was
not likely to cause any issues with
the type of surgery I was having. 
He did an EKG, and a check up.
Telling me since I had no issues 
and have been off the meds for
3 yrs I really did not need to come
back UNLESS I had problems for
3 yrs. YAY...

I had called to get apt with eye
doc but could not get one till
Feb 13, the okay from insurance
for surgery only gives me to 
the end of Feb. Next call will probably
be to insurance to see about getting
that extended. Its just such a mess....

Anyway, great news on the heart!
Dropping 70 lbs was a great  thing
in a lot of ways.

Heading for bed...
good night,
Pam

So I located another doc
but I could not get

Comments

You've been busy, Pam. I hope that all goes well with the doctor and the house clearing and that you have some time to rest and relax.
Amalia
xo
Insurance is such a racket and runaround just to get something done. I'm glad you got it all worked out and yes, that's great heart news.
Christine said…
I should do some house clearing, hope all goes well with the surgery planning.
Darla M Sands said…
I feel for your health insurance struggles. ~hugs~ How awesome that you're feeling at peace despite all that. :)
Ann said…
Hearing you say you have a peaceful feeling is wonderful. I'm so happy for you.
Such a pain with doctors and insurance companies. It's enough to drive a person to drink.
Liz A. said…
Seriously, insurance is just out to line their own pockets. They don't care about helping people with health care.
CHERI said…
Insurance can be so aggravating but I hate to complain because it's better to have than not to!!! I recently had the whole heart workup thing (EKG, echo, stress test) and it was over $5000!!!!!! I recently had to go to ER and that was over $2000. I still have some to pay but better than the whole amount!!! Hopefully you can get your surgery done soon and get it all behind you. Sorry I haven't commented lately but I was sick the whole month of Dec. and going into Jan. The sofa and I became very good friends!!!
Pilar said…
It sounds like you've been pretty busy Pam! Good luck with everything at the doctor and the insurance company!
Rhodesia said…
Wow, so much going on. Good luck with everything. Have a good week, Diane
It is always fun when dealing with health insurance, doctors, & appointments isn't it? Mercy...it can be so aggravating. Oh I need to do some house cleaning too. I mean like the DEEP kind of cleaning that I do not like! Bout decided to hire someone to do it! LOL! Happy Week to you Pam. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
I get so tired of medical issues. Wishing you well with your eye surgery. That is great news about your heart and being off the medications. I definitely need to drop pounds. Your doing good and I wish you happiness in the house and glad you are feeling at peace.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom