Snow/Cat Houses/Signs

I HATE THIS TIME CHANGE...
oh wait, I don't think all states
play along with Day Lights Saving
Time where you go forward an
hour in the spring and fall
back an hour in the fall. 
Well we recently fell 
back. I hate it. 
Sunday night
I fell asleep on the
couch at 7:30 but was
ready for bed at 5:30!

I woke at midnight to this
site. 

Image may contain: car and outdoor

About 1/2 inch but I can't remember
snow in mid Nov. in Nashville. 
At 7 this morning it was 21 with
the wind chill the feels like was 7!
Right now at 3:30 pm it is a chilling
26 degrees, but 24 hours ago it was 
65. CrAzY!

Later in the morning around 
10, I got out to go feed Misfire
and I saw this site.
Fall colored tree with
still a little snow on the ground.

Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

A mix of fall and winter.

Saw this on FB. This is cool.
I actually have one made
with a plastic storage bin 
and a ice chest inside it.
I have it set up outside for
the feral. Not sure if she is
staying there but its there
in case.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

HAHA...also saw on FB.
Anyone up for purchasing a bunch
of these and sending them to me?


Had a friend tag me on FB 
with this.


Never really took any of 
this to thought much but
its an everyday thing now. 

I have a play along question 
on FB. Those are questions 
I ask to try and get others
involved in conversation.
The question is the same I asked
last yr at this time and now
I am bringing it to you.
What goes in your stuffing/
dressing?

I do the southern way using 
cornbread but I am finding that
others use bread. Some put
spicy sausage and others
fruit. So now tell me how you
do yours.

Later, 


Comments

Jeanie said…
I love summer time and hate winter time. I crash when it gets dark and boy, you lose a lot of day when that happens at five!

I use Pepperidge Farm herb crumbs for my stuffing and then lots of anything -- pecans, apples, onion, celery, loads of herbs. Although this year most of the herbs are buried under snow so maybe not so much!
Christine said…
I actually love Stouffers bread stuffing from the supermarket! My husband likes sausage stuffing!
Girl, I dislike this time change too! Not bad in the mornings but in the afternoons!!!! I feel like I cannot get anything done. Sounds crazy but true. Oh I make dressing...and giblet gravy. YUM! I use Pepperidge farm dressing mix, boiled eggs, rice, lots of chicken broth, sage, salt and pepper, cooked giblets cut up in tiny pieces, cream of celery soup and I bake it soft so you really don't need gravy but I love the giblet gravy so I make a pot of that too. YUM! My granny always made the corn bread dressing and I loved it. But my motherinlove taught me how to make her recipe and I have been making it for years. Now I am wanting some dressing and gravy. LOL! Hugs and blessings to you sweet lady.
Cindy
Rain said…
I am with you on the time change Pam!!! The photos do look lovely though. Well, our Thanksgiving was in October and I made a simple bread stuffing with onions and celery. There is poultry seasoning and lots of rosemary and thyme. It's so delicious!
We really don't like the time change either and we are not fans of the brrrrr humbug that showed up here today!
wisps of words said…
My husband makes his "Family Famous" Stuffin'. Well, he began it,years ago. Now, the night before Thanksgiving, next door son/daughter in law/kids come over, and make it, with him. It is fully cooked, put in refrigerator over night.

Thanksgiving Day, it goes to whoever is cooking it, to put it in bird and cook it.

We used to do it here, but as family grew, one of sons did. Now it is at next door son's house, as rest are other places. He wants it to cook at his house, so he can smell it cooking! -smile-

Let's see... stuffin' mix of course. Hamburg, Sausage, Butter, Chicken broth, etc., etc., etc.

⛄🔥⛄🔥⛄
Liz A. said…
Are those ice chests cat homes? Do you put something in them to make them cozy? I had never seen that before.

Stuffing? I've never had an opportunity to cook a Thanksgiving dinner, so *I* don't have a recipe. My mother's uses toasted bread, but it was never a favorite for us kids.
Darla M Sands said…
Our yard looks like winter wonderland. :) If I cook stuffing, it's from a box (I like the Stovetop cornbread kind) and goes into the oven with 'stuffed' flounder topped with melted cheddar cheese. Yum. Hope today finds you feeling well as can be, my dear. ~hugs~ Stay warm!
Ann said…
I think I'm one of the few people who don't mind it getting dark early. I go to be early so I hate it in the summer when it's still light out when I'm going to bed.
I haven't been doing the thanksgiving cooking but I used to make stuffing with bread and I would put onions, celery and sausage in it
Pilar said…
My mom usually makes the dressing and she makes homemade cornbread to get it started. Dressing is so good!
Carol Henstra said…
I dislike time change in Canada here. And then I have gotten a bad cold on top. It is way too early for Snow.
Burr on the snow! Those cat house are a great idea.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom