Licking/ Bacteria/ and Emojis

The other day I blogged
about the ice cream 
licking fad. 
Course I did it a tad different
then most to the idiots out there,
I bought mine to lick!!


Apparently though the licking
stuff has moved on to 
other food items.
Saw where someone
working at Taco Bell was
caught licking a stack of
taco shells.


I figured if I bought ice cream (which
I can not eat) I would make sure
it was sealed all the way. 
But what are you going to do
about going out to eat?

 Carzy freak'n world we
live in.

Now jumping from licking 
to a flesh eating 
bacteria.

No going to
post pics of that, it is 
ugly. But if you are intsterdat erested
look it up.

Anyway, apparently it started on the
shores of Fla. A young teen got it
from a stumped toe and got in 
the ocean. I understand she lived.
An older woman got it, and died. 
A man that surfs and owns a shop 
got it from touching a surf board 
that someone had used on the beach. 

Yesterday it was reported that
a man fishing on the Tennessee
River got it.


 Well, the TN River travels
a long way.


The news is saying that 
the heat is part of the problem, allowing
this bacteria to grow in water areas.
Great...so nice to know.

I told someone just the 
other day that unless my 
water came out of my shower
head, I was taking no part
in it....AT ALL!

So now you wonder about the
pools. Well there seems to be
a bacteria that also 
grows in pools that the chemicals
can't kill. No the flesh eating but
one that is making folks sick.

Like I said...STICKING TO
MY SHOWER!

With my skin, HELL 
NO!

Anyway to bring a smile~
Today is 
National Emoji Day. 



Faves are



Smile and use your 
Emoji's!



Comments

That bacteria is horrible! Wonder if you can get it from licking taco shells?!?!
wisps of words said…
Oh my! Flesh eating bacteria.

Oh my! Sick making bacteria in pools.

Oh my! "Creeps" licking food, which other people will unknowingly eat.

Oh my! Why did I click on and read, this post?????

LOL....

-Evil Grin-

-Running, ducking and hiding-
Rain said…
Scary stuff about the flesh eating bacteria, shudder...one of the politicians here got that and had his leg removed back in the 1990's...that when the big scare happened around here.
Darla M Sands said…
That bacteria is scary! Be well, my dear.
Yikes! I have not heard of this bacteria yet. The flesh eating ones are so scary since they can come from doing the most mundane activity.
Sally said…
Oh Pam, I hadn't heard about the flesh eating bacteria and I live in FL. Gross, and sad. :(

Love the emoji's. :)

I hope you're staying cool there; so hot everywhere I think.

xoxo
Sandee said…
I'm sticking to my shower too. We've a friend that lost limbs with the flesh eating stuff. So sad.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Scritches to your babes. ♥
Ann said…
I saw on another blog, she bought peanut butter and when she got it home someone had stuck their fingers in and dug some out. I can't believe how stupid and rude people are.
The flesh eating bacteria thing is kind of scary
It is a crazy world and I'm tired of these copy cats. The bacterial stuff is very scary. I'm sticking to my shower too and definitely wrapped ice cream!
Betsy said…
I wonder how much of this went on unreported in the past. Now everything is news. Scary hearing this. I wish my Son now wasn't taking the family to Myrtle beach in August. Too scary hearing this.
Now the pools. We take the kids to the Y and swim. I need to talk with them about this stuff and what is done to prevent it if possible.
betsy
CHERI said…
I saw today that they have found the teenage girl who licked the Blue Bell. I hope they punish her at least to some degree so that it will set an example to others and help this girl learn that there are consequences to your actions! Seems though like she (or someone) has started a fad. It's really sickening! And now the water thing! IS ANYTHING SAFE??? I had a student years ago who swam in a hotel pool that evidently had some type of bacteria. She ended up having both legs and several fingers amputated. She was a sweet mess though...only 7 yrs. old with the most spunk you can imagine. She would rip off her artificial legs (the clumsy wooden ones of long ago) and scoot around our classroom on what remained of her legs. She also learned to write so beautifully even without most fingers. She was an amazing child. I've often wondered what became of her.
Rhodesia said…
Think I will just stay away from water and get dirty 😀 Hope you are feeling better, Diane
Liz A. said…
I suppose licking is better than spitting, which seems to be the traditional way food servers get back at customers. Stupid fads.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom