Balloons to Heaven/ Wild Animals

 Friday I was at TN Tiny Wedding
working but not as a photographer but
a helper. I was there to help Julie
sat up the place for a wedding.

Here is a selfie featuring a balloon,
and sunshine rays.


After the wedding took place Julie
had arranged for the wedding couple
and guest to release balloons.
The brides son past in Oct. and 
when Julie was told that she decided
to surprise the bride with this balloon
release in memory of her son.




Several times I have mentioned
that Nashville is now the
IT
city.
Growing way to fast for me.
Apparently for our wild life
also. I have never seen this site
in my neighborhood.


But here it is.


Not only is it living in my hood
it is living at the end of my driveway,
under the road in the creek area.
I called Metro Animal Control cause
I read up on it.
It is not totally unusual to see a raccoon
in the daylight hours but they
usually come out at night.
I have seen this guy 3 days in a row,
in the daylight hours.
In what I have read this could
be the sign of a raccoon 
with rabies. 

As you can see, he was not afraid of
me. He moves slow and holds up
his right leg when he walks.
On what I read, this could also
be a sign.
I placed my concern with the Animal
Control but by the time they called
me back it was getting late in the 
day and I did not see them come 
to catch this guy. Maybe today.

With that sight of the wild in my hood
I went to the barn to feed. Not 
unusual to see these sort of sites
at the farm. When I pulled in at the barn
I spotted a buck and doe along with
wild turkey in the pasture with the 
horses. After coming out the back of
the barn I noticed the site below.


That my friend is a coyote. 
Not to worry, they will only attack
horses and such if they are in packs.
The wild is being driven from their
homes with all the building.

While out walking the dogs the other
day I saw one of these birds.


Photo from internet

This is a male finch. 
He is so pretty. It is fun seeing
the birds coming back after the winter
months even if they are just passing 
through. Lily is loving it! At moms
house we did not have the trees we have
here at my place so she did 
not get to enjoy all the birds.
She appears to be REALLY happy
being home!

Happy Sunday Morn!

check out the babes today
https://pjack214.blogspot.com/2019/03/bathroom-habitsfeeding-habits-makeup.html
  

Comments

Jo said…
The balloon release was such a lovely idea, I'm sure the bride was very touched by that. Wildlife is definitely being forced into the cities, it's the same here. We have urban foxes now that live in the town and scavenge through dustbins. We don't have rabies here, thank goodness, it's just another thing for wildlife to contend with.
Watch those coyotes, they will kill dogs too, they have here, and cats too.
Rain said…
I walked right up to a coyote one time, had no clue he was there. He was SO TALL...I didn't feel fear because he was alone, but in packs, yeah, they can be dangerous. Poor raccoon...I hope he's okay and doesn't have rabies...for his and your sake! It makes me sad to see wildlife being forced out of their homes because of humans...they were here first and most people just don't respect that. :(
Christine said…
A touching balloon release.
The balloons are such a beautiful tribute. It is so sad seeing wildlife in our neighborhoods. It just doesn't feel right that we have taken up too much land so they don't have enough environment to enjoy. I hope they get that little guy. A raccoon definitely should not be visible during the day.
Liz A. said…
Coyotes attack pets. We have them in this area, too, and we're warned about keeping pets indoors at night. And we have skunks. Those I don't like spying.
Ann said…
Years ago, at one place I lived there was a terrible problem with raccoons and skunks. The raccoons were horrible and always getting into the garbage. I don't know how many times I had to pick it up because it was scattered all over.
Darla M Sands said…
I am worried about cats and dogs, too, with coyotes around. They deserve their place, but it's rather scary. My neighbor has seen them around here and stays with his dog when she has to go outside late at night. Be well, my dear!
Rhodesia said…
Releasing balloons is not a good idea. 10% of released balloons don't burst, they float back down to earth where they pose a serious threat to wildlife. Dolphins, whales, turtles, seabirds and other animals have all been killed by balloons. If swallowed, balloons can block an animal's gut and cause it to starve.
Hope you have a good week. Diane
Wow, look at all those critters! Those coyotes are mean too. We hunt and at one time on our lease we had lots of issues with the coyotes getting to baby deer. SAD FACE! Loving the balloons all being set free. How precious! Made my heart leap. Hugs and blessings to you. Cindy
CHERI said…
What a sweet, sweet surprise for the bride. As a mother who has lost a child, I can tell you that anytime someone remembers your lost child it is such a blessing. Wow...you really do have a lot of wildlife in your area. Sure hope you got the raccoon taken care of!!! They are so cute but often have rabies and being so close to your home is scary! A friend recently had a possum drinking from her pool for about 15 min. My husband said it very possibly had rabies. Thankfully her son took care of the situation!!!
Jeanie said…
When I worked as a grief counselor, our center held a balloon launch each spring for the children and their parents. It was so touching to see the notes they wrote on their balloons and the looks on their faces as they soared high above. I lve this idea for the wedding.
I think the balloon release was a very nice idea.

All the best Jan
Red Rose Alley said…
Yikes, a raccoon! Yes, be careful of them. I love that red bird, and see them all the time around here. I'm glad Lily is at home and roaming around now. That is a cool picture of you with the sun shining through. I could use some sunshine right now. : )

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom