Hankie/Memory Items

I know I posted this pic already but
I wanted you to notice the 
hankie in my hand.


My friends from TN Tiny Weddings 
came to visitation and brought
me that. She said that someone
gave her one when her mom past
and it was helpful to have it to hold
on to. She was right. I balled it up, pulled
it through one hand to the other, wiped 
tears...

I found this a few days ago.


Although I can wear my moms shirts
I have enough of my own but
I want to take some of
her clothes and make things
for the great grands.
since they are all young 
except Caleb I thought I would 
make them dogs.
She loved her dogs.

For Caleb I will probably make
him a pillow.

For my nieces and nephews I 
thought about something like
these (below).




My daughter liked this one
better.
⇊⇊⇊


My son has Calif blood in him!
😁😁

This is him with TN
temps.


He could not understand how I could
sit on the deck in a shirt and just my
socks while he smoked.
I told him it was cause I
was used to it and since he
had not been in TN in the 
winter months since Jan 
2007, his blood was thin.

Cory flew back to Calif. on 
Friday and on Sunday I woke
to this.
So per my norm I wrote a 
note in the snow to 
Cory and Brit. Only
when I tagged Brit on FB
I told her to tell Cory he
left too soon.


Well my not so thin TN
blood and going out barefoot, esp
in the snow, being worn down with
all that had been going on...
I woke Sunday morn
with a sore throat. 
Yesterday (Monday) it 
started moving into the chest so
I went for Sudafed, my go to.
This morning I woke with 
100 temp.
Now, floating feeling head, pain,
stuffy nose and ears, tight 
chest and a slightly sore
throat. 
I think I just got too worn 
down.

Cory is an animal lover. He
never meets an animal that
he don't like and on the 
flip side, that don't like him.
He won them all over.



I walked in the bedroom and saw
this.


Apparently the cat that don't
like to be petted seemed to
like Cory too.
That look on her face is 
like, " what mom, I didn't
do anything"!!!













Comments

That hankie was a blessing and so is a wonderful family.
Liz A. said…
Great idea for the old clothes. Keep in mind that we've been bitterly cold here in California. It's been into the 40s at night. When it doesn't dip below the 40s (it can, but it rarely does), people get accustomed to it. And don't tolerate colder temps well.
Ann said…
When Wade passed away, his daughters asked for some of his flannel shirts so they could make memory bears for their kids. I like the ideas you have here especially the angel and the heart underneath it.
Ann said…
oh and I forgot to say feel better soon
wisps of words said…
Didn't say this, when you posted this pic before, but your hair is lovely!!!!!!!!

Interesting tid bit about how hankies were "born".

Sorry about the cold, but I can see how you caught one. A funeral is a way for germs, from all over, to spread out and infect various people.

With that high temp, don't you think you should see a doctor????? You might need something more, than over-the-counter...

✨✨✨✨
Jeanie said…
You've been through a lot and your immune system is probably crap right now. Please just try to slow down as much as you can and be very gentle with yourself. I know that's hard, but truly, you deserve that. And I agree about maybe needing the doc.

I love the idea of making things for the family from the clothes. I don't sew but I so wish I'd had that done. I even kept some of dad's shirts just in case. Maybe one day. Or maybe incentive to learn.
Christine said…
great idea to make things for everyone to remember your mom.
Darla M Sands said…
What lovely gift ideas! I hope you feel better soon. Getting a bug is the last thing you need. ~hugs~ I've learned that the stress of grief is hard on the immune system. Sweet photos of your son, my dear.
Rain said…
Hi Pam :) I love that hanky lore. And I think it's a wonderful idea to make those keepsakes! I hope you're feeling better...I'm sure you are worn down, you need to take it easy so your fibro doesn't flare up too badly! Look at me telling you what to do lol! :) I care. xx I'll be doing your reading today! :)
Sandee said…
I didn't know that about hankies. Now I do.

You've a lovely family.

I love your gift ideas. Beautiful.

Have a fabulous day and week. ♥
Rhodesia said…
Love the story of the handkerchief. The note with the heart made me choke up. I have a lot of my Mum's clothes which I still wear. Hope you are feeling better, take care Diane
DeniseinVA said…
I have never heard of this Pam but what a truly special way to remember our loved ones. Do hope you feel better really soon. Thank you for sharing all these sweet photos.
Those would be loving gifts. I love Cory loving on the dogs and cat!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom