Christmas Trees and Cats

I love this....
its all about having a mix of
fantasy and childhood dreams in 
your life. 

HAHA....but I know an actual 
mermaid too in real life. I think 
it would be cool to be a mermaid but
did I ever tell you I have a BIG
fear of water!
Yep, I have to even HOLD my
breathe to stick my face under
the shower.

We all need some childhood 
memories and 
fantasy in our
life. Mine would be a mix between
the Wizard of Oz (childhood memories)
and clowns. I LOVE clowns. For years that 
was my go to for Halloween. I used to have a 
collection of clown figurines ~ like over a 100.
I packed the bulk of them up when Caleb and 
Amber moved in with me when Caleb was 
a yr old. They stayed with me for six yrs.
I realized I did not miss them so I left them
packed up then one yr I pulled them out
and sold them at a yard sale. But I still
love my clowns. 

We are up to year 11 on the 
Christmas cards!


Another one of my fave ones. 

Check these out. ADORABLE!
These would be so easy to make. 


Yesterday was the day. 






I need to stop purchasing these hats!
HAHA.
I acquried 3 new ones this yr.
Got them for my brother and sis in laws
Christmas pics but we did not use them.
I had to actually double hang a couple of 
them on my hooks on the window.


Lily walked by the tree, smelled it
and walked off. 
I love that this is her second
Christmas and cares nothing 
for the tree!
Here is a pic from last
yr with her.

This is as far as she 
went with it last yr. 

My brother Mark and Kim 
are hanging there tree from the 
ceiling to keep the cats
out of it.
Zuzu knocked their
tree down the yr before last.
Last yr they did not put one up.
 How many folks have had
that issue before?

And that is it. 
I used to do the kitchen, the bathroom,
the hall and the living room....
that is yet another thing I have had
to give up for 


Today I have hopes of doing somethings
outside. I did get a wreath hung on the 
downstairs window outside....but replacement 
windows are a miracle when it comes

to doing things like that.
Open the top, slide it down and 
throw the wreath outside, close the 
window on the wire that holds it in 
place. 
I will hang the two on my bedroom 
window today. Is it bad that I took 
them down after Christmas last yr and
never got them packed up, they sat in 
the corner of my bedroom all yr long.
Yep, for me, that is BAD.

One of these would be cute, so easy
to make this too. 


I love Christmas decorations
just like Halloween ones.
Although...after I took my 
Halloween ones down this yr, 
I packed them up and gave them 
to my daughter. I also packed
up a bunch of stuff for her
from my Christmas stuff 
yesterday. Life continues to change.

My sis in law Lori quilts. She taught herself
how several years ago. She does some
amazing work. I saw this on 
Pinterest this morning and 
thought of her. She has a couple
of old windows that she could do 
something like this with. I past
the pic on to her. 





Comments

Sally said…
It's always amazing to see what you can do, Pam. Your Christmas tree is beautiful.

xoxo
wisps of words said…
You have your tree up and decorations too! You are ahead of me. I just have a bit,on the mantle. :-)

Speaking of not "packing-things-away"! We have 2 small-ish fake Trees. One for table in Hearth Room, and one for in 1 window of Front Room. He used to take them up stairs. Which is a chore, even if they aren't really heavy. They are unweildy, all decorated. (Yes, I do not remove decorations from trees!)

Last year, I covered each, with big plastic bags. Put them in corner of Front room, behind a chair. LOL

Now I know, Martha Stewart would not approve. But I don't care. The Front Room just sits there. Only time it is used, is when he plays the piano... And when I take naps on the couch.

Things change. Yes, they do. We get wiser.

✨🌲✨
Rain said…
Hi Pam :) I love all the photos you posted, it definitely gets me into the Christmas and Yule spirit!! Oh the Santa hats lol...keep buying them lol!!! If you had 100 clowns, you surely can have 100 Santa hats!! Am I an enabler lol???

You know I usually respond to all of my comments on my blog, but I wanted to respond to you right away about the books. I have a LOT of books on PDF that I could share with you. I'm not sure how...if you're comfy sending me your email address, I could try that way. I have a contact form on my side bar on my blog that you can fill out so that it's not public. These are all books by an author named Scott Cunningham. I would call his books "beginner" because they aren't too complicated and they are really fun to read. He's more Wiccan but there are a lot of concepts in there that are very understandable and make sense. I don't call myself a Wiccan, but a lot of the beliefs of Wicca are concepts that I practice as an "Eclectic Pagan".

I have over a dozen of his books, but there are just a few I thought you might like to start off with. One is called The Magical Household. There are a few other titles, one is all about crystals and gems, Kitchen wicca...magical herbs...if you're interested, I'll find a way to send them to you!!! :) Let me know okay?
Sandee said…
I never had kitties that knocked down my Christmas trees. I was lucky I guess. Some kitties can't help themselves.

I love all your crafts. Those snowmen are adorable.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches to Dakota and Lily. ♥
Ann said…
Your Christmas decorations look wonderful. I haven't pulled all mine out yet but I'm in no hurry.
I have a snowman made out of log slices like that. I bought it at a craft show a year or so ago.
Those snowmen are so cute! Hey, we have quite a few nutcrackers around here too!
Christine said…
enjoyed today's photos!
Jeanie said…
Glad to hear Lily is doing well with the tree. That can be a worry (yes, I had mine knocked down once by Stimpy. And once by me, but that's another story.)

That had been my plan -- the tree -- but it went astray. Maybe this week...
Liz A. said…
We did Christmas decorations yesterday, too.

I've given up Christmas hats. I love my headband from last year. Have you heard of flat Christmas trees? (I wonder if it's on Pinterest...)
NanaDiana said…
Pam- How wonderful tat you were able to get so much done. The tree is lovely and I know you enjoyed feeling well enough to get things done. I have given so much of my stuff away these last couple of years. It is just TIME you know? I was a clown in grade school for several years, too...and they have never frightened me.

I hope you have a good night and a wonderful week. xo Diana
You have been busy! I've not thought about any decorations yet although I have managed to at least buy a few Christmas cards! My friend has fibromyalgia - it's so debilitating when you're suffering from a bout of it. I feel so sorry for her because, as they say, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
Around My Kitchen Table
Rhodesia said…
I always so enjoy your posts, such a variety. Hope you have a good week Diane
R's Rue said…
Beautiful
Love those adorable snowmen! Enjoyed all the pictures dear lady. Loving all of your Christmas decor and so glad you've been able to get some of it done. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Darla M Sands said…
When Jezebel was young she would get into mischief, so I didn't put my tree up for a few years. Not sure what I'll do this year. It's seven feet tall and takes almost all day to set up and decorate. But then I enjoy being near it. ~sigh~ Maybe once my November writing challenge ends I'll take the time. I hope you're having one of your better days, my dear.
Red Rose Alley said…
Pam, I love the "ride a unicorn" sign, as me and Jess are really into unicorns lately. I would like to see your clown collection, it sounds fantastic. The Rudolph Christmas card is very nice. It would be so nice to be able to send out cards that you make. Love the little tree stump snowmen, how cute. Wow, look at all your Nutcrackers! What a collection you have! I think my favorite picture on here was Lily grabbing at the tree. That should be blown up and framed.

Have a wonderful week, Pam.

~Sheri
Red Rose Alley said…
Pam, my camera is a Canon Power Shot. I've had it for awhile - it takes really nice outdoor pictures, and the zoom-in lens is great. The girls take better indoor pictures than me. I don't care for all the props that are needed for indoor pics. That's why I love taking nature pics. Nature is magnificent all by itself. I always love to see your photos. They are one of a kind and really nice. : )
Pilar said…
Beautiful Christmas Tree Pam! Those wooden snowmen are so cute! You are so talented with your creations!
Loved seeing all of your Christmas photographs here :)

All the best Jan
Hi again Pam,
Many thanks for your recent comment on the peppermint latte post, where I used this lovely reindeer.
It does make a lovely card, as I've just seen again in this post :)

All the best Jan

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom