Letting Go - Laura

I did not want to go.
I did not want to 
face it.
But I went
to visitation.


I handled it better than 
I thought I would. 
I needed to go.
I needed to face that
I actually lost a friend.

Lots of friends from 
there. They came to be
there for the family.
They came to say
goodbye to Laura.


Today will be the actually
day I will say goodbye. 
Just being there and being
strong for the family and 
I will be fine. 

We think we have
time!

In the past years women, 
friends, school friends would
get together and have dinner.
After the death of Laura's
hubby 3 weeks ago we
planned on a get together.
We were going to give
Laura time then we 
were going to have an
angel paint party. 
We thought we had time!

We are working on 
calling these ladies
together to paint,
donations going to St. Judes.
This is the fund Laura
and family wanted donations
to go too instead of flowers. 

So Friday after Laura's
passing on Thursday, I 
needed to be alone.
I needed to work off
things. I needed to create.
I elected to work on 
Christmas ornaments I
make for my family.
I have been doing that 
off and on through the yr.
Here is what I produced 
Friday.

Niece's hubby- Adam 

Nephew ~ Chase


My new great nephew ~ Colton


And yes, I do one every yr
for my babes.


My son in law~ Will
he is a Jets fan so his
is done in Jets colors. 


I still have more to go...
faimly keeps growing by
marriage or births. 

So....what would 
yours read?
  

Mine was a conversation with 
another friend Carol~
Thank u sweetie. 
Love u. 

check out my
cat lovin at

https://pjack214.blogspot.com/2018/10/cat-lovin.html



Comments

Sally said…
I know this is extremely difficult, Pam. My prayers for her family and you & her other friends.

In 2002 I lost my best friend, Kay. Her son asked me to do the eulogy; I thought there was no way I could do. I did. :(

I love your ornaments you're making; as always I'm amazed at your gifts you are blessed to have.

xoxo
MadSnapper said…
I am laughing out loud because just before I read this post I sent a text. it said Oh NO! that was in response to my SIL telling me she was headed to school to pick up granddaughter with stomach flu..... so my tombstone is Oh No!

it is good to talk and write about the loss of your friend. I think it helps to deal with the loss and heart aches. creating is perfect to relax and help you heal.
wisps of words said…
Wishing you strength, in this very, very, very hard time.

Creating... A wonderful way to handle such....

Many, many hugs....
Sandee said…
Prayers all around. It's hard to loose a good friend. All affected by this will remain in my prayers.

You are so crafty. Beautiful.

Have a blessed day. ♥
It's so hard to lose a friend. Hugs from all of us.
Diane said…
Always a difficult time. Take care and stay strong, thoughts are with you. Diane
Ann Thompson said…
It's difficult to lose someone. Hang in there
As others have said, such a difficult time.
It never ceases to amaze me the inner strength that can be found at times like this.
God bless

All the best Jan
I'm so sorry, Pam. There is nothing to do but work through our days and honor those that go before us. Take care of yourself. ♥
Red Rose Alley said…
Is that St. Jude's Children's Hospital you're talking about? It will be nice to donate all the paintings there. I love the little snowman you made. Sending comforting thoughts your way, Pam.

~Sheri
Liz A. said…
It's hard to lose someone. It hits you in unexpected ways. I'm so sorry for your loss. Be kind to yourself, and if creating things helps, create things. That's a great way to deal with the emotion.

My last text? Let me see... It is, and I quote, "OK". I could live with that on the tombstone I'll never have. (Planning to be cremated.)
Prayers for your sweet spirit today dear lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Pilar said…
Sending prayers, comfort, and hugs through this difficult time Pam. I hope that you are doing well today, and your paintings are beautiful!
Jeanie said…
It is SO, So hard to say goodbye to a dear friend. I think most of us have been there and it hurts like crazy. Sending many wishes for peace and healing and sorrow for your loss.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom