Garden Petering Out


After crying my eyes out for 
this little girl....guess who
showed back up yesterday!
I panicked I guess...

But in my defense, this girl is 
always there. She never ventures
far from the barn and I called and called...
I walked the pasture and there
was not sign of her.

I went to the barn
early yesterday morning to clean
and after being there an hour
I heard the fimilar sound
of Tigress' meow.
Here she comes walking
across the beams in the 
barn.
BRAT.

I wanted to wring her neck but
instead I loved on her.

I had stopped watering outside
due to my health issues
and not having the
get up and go to go.
My Egyptain Bean plant had not
been producing blooms and 
seeds but after rain
yesterday.....it decided
to give it the ole plant
try again!



If you look you can see a black
seed nestled between the 
two pink blooms.
Yay...I actually found two!
Once the blooms die back
there will be more seeds.
Yep, picked that babe
and took it in to plant
next yr.


Wow...this little guy
is losing his color.
Probably need to paint and seal
him for next yr.
Give him his pop of
color back.


Mom and Chris (he is taller
than me) thinks I need
to clip back the low hanging
Crepe Myrtle limb...however
I can walk right under it so it
stays. I like it hanging over
the steps. 


I showed my son Cory a pick
of the stepping stones when
I was in Calif. He smiled and 
said that he could not do that...
he likes things to be like
they should, there should be
formality in the garden!
HAHA...he is so like me in 
so many ways but not when
it comes to color I guess.

Here is the last of my red Zinnias.
Story behind these are....my mom
loves red Zinnias but they are
hard to locate. Last yr I bought her
one, it looked red but when I got
it in the light it was
really a deep orange.

I found seeds for red Zinnia's this
spring so I planted them. I have been
cutting and taking her some.



However, these are mine.
When the blooms try out they
will be put back for seeds.

My wandering Jude. It was just a 
small piece but it is amazing
now. It is in a pot so I will
bring it in from the garden 
in a few weeks.


I got the start of this from my 
mom who 40 yrs ago got
a start from my aunt.

Something, probably the feral cat
broke off a couple of 
pieces so they are now
in the house to root.


I can't keep this full.
The activity at the feeder is
busy these days...Birds preparing
I guess and trying to put on 
some weight.
Hummer feeders are
staying busy also.



Not sure if you can see it 
or not but I was trying to 
catch the spider web attached
to the chimes.


The outdoor market down the
street got their pumpkins 
in the other day....
Sign of fall.


 I love fall.
I love the colors...which is funny
cause I really don't care
for orange unless it is fall time.
I love the smells of bonfires and
the fresh slightly cool
snap in the air. 
HAHA and with that...it will
be 90 degrees today!
WHAT? Come on FALL
I am so ready for you.

What is your fave season?




Comments

Sandee said…
What great news about Tigress. I linked this happy post to Happy Tuesday. This made me smile.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Big hug. ❤
NanaDiana said…
I am so glad you found your kitty. While you would like to scold her there is so much relief at finding her that I know you just melted.
Your gardens are looking good...and I kind of like your little faded gnome. I think he is darling even with that bit of color on him.
Hope you have a great week...gather those seeds! xo Diana
Rhodesia said…
So happy for you that Tigress is back, cats have a mind of their own!! I love zinnias but this year not one came up so I have no seeds for next year, will have to see what I can buy, maybe good to start fresh :-) Take care Diane
Darla M Sands said…
What a relief you found her. ~hugs~ We are very ready for fall. Thanks for the reminder about birds as I need to refill my hummingbird feeder. Too bad I didn't remember before cooling off from running errands in this heat. Ugh... Hope you're feeling good as can be, my dear.
Jans Funny Farm said…
So happy your Tigress returned. It's so scary when they disappear.
So happy for you!
Great news about Tigress.

All the best Jan
I sure am glad to hear Tigress showed back up, happy dance!
So glad to hear your kitty is found! Autumn is my favorite season, Pam. After the heat and the humidity I'm ready for cooler days. Your flowers are nice. I save seeds as well. I'm in agreement about orange---I only use it in Fall. Have a restful evening. ♥
Ann said…
So glad to hear that Tigress showed up.
Liz A. said…
I'm so glad Tigress reappeared. I guess she just needed a bit of a walkabout the other day.
Christine said…
So glad kitty is back! I like spring best.
MadSnapper said…
I wonder where you will find someone to paint the little guy??? LOL... so glad your kitty reappeared safe and sound. all your plants are still looking good, we always talk about what a few inches of rainwater does to the plants and trees, over night it changes them. we are and have been in those 90's and heat index of over 100 every day for months, and THEY say no relief in sight for us
DeniseinVA said…
I'm happy for you that Tigress turned up again. They do cause us a lot of worry at times but the joys make up for that. Loved your garden and your pretty bird feeder. This reminds me I have to fill mine up or I will have the squirrels knocking on the window, lol! Enjoy your day :)
Rain said…
Now that the garden is closing up here too, I can say Fall is my favourite season lol...if you ask me in April, I'd say summer! :) Somehow Pam, I don't think "formality" works with you lol...which is wonderful! :) So happy about Tigress!!!!
cute cat, beautiful plants and happy mom.

Happy wednesday
Jeanie said…
I'm so glad she's back. I hoped she would be. Little minx!

My garden is in the same shape, Pam. Comes with the territory, I guess.
Red Rose Alley said…
That little gnome in your garden is so cute. Yes, a coat of paint will liven him up. That tea cup bird feeder is so charming. I've always wanted to make one. Autumn is my favorite season too, Pam. It's getting breezy in the mornings, but we are still having warm days.

Enjoy the rest of September.

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom