Thinking Outside the Box

Sandee over at https://comedy-plus.com/
had this question thingy on her blog. I love doing these things.
My answers are in bold.


Here are this weeks questions:
1 – My furbabes____ brings out the best in me.
2 – Uncontrollable pain_____makes me grumpier than Grumpy Cat.
3 – If money grew on trees, I would ______grow a backyard full___.
4 – I have a fear of ___SPIDERS.

Do you think outside the box when it comes
to the inside of your home?
I do a bit...okay...haha, maybe more
than a bit.

I love for ways to store things, display things that I
want to enjoy in my house.

I hung these two signs a few yrs ago and of
course they had to go above the doors....
why? Cause there is unused space above
doors and windows!



Also many years ago when I redid
the kitche I took an idea
from Cracker Barrel~
a shelve above the pantry door.
Hung upside down also since
the wooded brackets would not
fit over the door opening. 


Found this cute little surprise above
a door on PINTEREST.


Shelving about doors and windows
is an awesome way to show
off collectiables. 
(like my tins in the pic before)






But if you are needing extra
storage space well then above
the door is a great place.



   

But check this out...do you hold
onto books?


I thought about doing this in my hall between
the kitchen and living room. 
Just basially cause I love stuff...
I love stuff sitting out and about. 

But then there is that storage
you need for THINGS..
the inside of the closet door.
Too cool.


Then again to just add cuteness then 
you can do like me
and post signs above the 
doors.


And if not signs...
design elements!



I challenge you to think outside 
the box this week!
Maybe just adding something
different to your
existing shelves, maybe
to just hang a shelve or hanging 
something new!

GO...and post a pic for me to see!

Here is a piece I picked up a few
weeks ago at Goodwill.....4.50 bucks...
metal and cool so I hung it
on the front of the house!






















Comments

Do you find some-days are easier to think outside the box?
Sometimes I find good ideas and thoughts just come readily to mind, when they do I write them down … I may not get around to doing them all, but it can be quite useful.

Love some of the ideas you've included here.

Have a good new week - they certainly fly by!

All the best Jan
Ann Thompson said…
I'm not so good at thinking outside the box. These are all collides though
MadSnapper said…
I am giggling, you have more over your doors than I have on the walls in my whole house. my box has to be blank. when I see all these pretty things over the windows I remember the disaster of cleaning the bottle collection I added to the tops of my kitchen shelves. they don't go to the ceiling, I was young and healthy. I love glass bottles, filled the whole kitche, when I finally got them down they were greasy and sticky and yucky... all that STUFF on the walls has to be dusted. I hate dusting. my outside of the box is …. well NOTHING. all that said, it really does look cute. and I like the storage thing over the door. but needs a door.
Sandee said…
Love your answers.

I love all the clever ways to store things. Ever so important too.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches to Dakota and Lily. ♥
Rhodesia said…
Some great ideas here but the fewer things around the less to dust !!! 😊 Take care Diane
Red Rose Alley said…
I like the look of shelving above doors, but I'm always concerned it's gonna come tumbling down haha. There's a lot of ideas on here for using space wisely in the home.

Have a restful Sunday, Pam.

~Sheri
Christine said…
Love that whimsical bird above the door!
We enjoyed your answers. Hey, we're not allowed to think outside of the box here!
Sharon said…
I'd love a shelf or two over the doors, but think I would want a restraining strap to keep things from falling off in case of door slamming ...
Jeanie said…
I love posts like this! And also, the fun ideas. I especially like the above-door shelf idea. I hadn't thought about that!
Liz A. said…
Those shelves over doorways are just disasters waiting to happen in an earthquake. Especially if it's a doorway one would stand in during said earthquake. It's an interesting storage idea, though. Maybe with soft stuff?
Darla M Sands said…
I'm nowhere near this creative around the house beyond improvising a curtain as a headboard for my guest bed. And that's not even up anymore. ~shrugs~ I guess you know where my creative energy goes. ~grin~ I hope you're feeling better.
Loved your answers. Girl, my fear is snakes! Alive, dead or rubber! LOL! I love the ideas for thinking outside the box. I try to do the same. Here lately though I keep thinking about all the dusting I need to do and wonder If I might need to start from scratch and have as less as possible. LOL! Hugs and blessings to you.
Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom