Lilys Stool

Months and months....probably
a yr ago I picked up this arrow back
chair on the side of the road.  I got it
home I realized that one the the back pieces
was busted. You know me well enough
to know that I thought I would fix it...
haha...

and that did not get done. 
But the chair stayed in the kitchen 
because Lily used that as her stool to
eat her meal on. 

About a month ago I removed the backing 
of the chair and I had decided
that it would be fixed up for Lily.

It was a dirty white color so I painted
it a cream color.




I decided that I would get some contact
paper and cover the top. It would be
great for feeding, I could wash it down.

HAHA...but apparently contact paper
is not used that often anymore. My
run (first time out of the house in 
days...days...) to Wally World proofed
that their section of contact paper, if that
is what you want to call it, was horrible.

So not wanting to go anywhere else I tried
to decide what to do next.....

and I saw this.


Ladies, you know that Duct tape is
not just for men anymore!


And here is the finsihed project.
Took NO time to do, tape cost 3.27 and
it took one roll. 


Dakota was at moms visiting but
Lily came in off the deck to watch
me put her stool together. 

Here she is eating treats on it.



Thursday and Friday I actually felt 
better. But with that you know I probably
OVER DID it Friday. 

I cut the yard, cooked
dinner, made applesauce bread and
went to the docks to hear the Boys play.
That is the guys I went to school with.
Tired today and dragging a bit.

This is Laura and I. 
I have known Laura forever. 
She used to have a caregiver company and
I used to shoot for them.
(I hate selfies)





Comments

MadSnapper said…
this should Bob your feeding station and Lily laying claim to her leopard print feeding station and told him about the newest look of duct tape. It's really cute and lovely looks like she loves it and I have never taken a selfie with another person only have myself and I hate them too
Rhodesia said…
You have done a great job,well done. Take care, Diane
That is a very clever use of duct tape and it looks Lily approved!
Debbie said…
the stool looks awesome, what a great idea. i have looked at contact paper recently and it is so dull, and not much of a selection. like you said, i don't think people use it much anymore!!!

i don't like selfies either, young peeps are really good at it, but us, not so much. but you did much better than your friend!!!
Sharon said…
Yep feel good and you over do, which makes you miserable for days. Story of my life anymore. :/
Darla M Sands said…
The idea of a stool upon which to feed her is clever all by itself. A lot of people struggle with their dogs eating their cats food. And now her stool looks adorable! I hope you're feeling better today. ~hugs~ Was it promotional shots you took for your friend's company? I'm just curious. Thank you for sharing the portrait of you two.
Rain said…
Hi Pam :)) Hope you're doing well!! Thought I'd spend this rainy day catching up with my favourite people... :) I LOVE Lily's stool! How ingenious! And I laughed, I have never seen duct tape other than the gray or white variety! I guess I'm not looking in the right places! By the way, the only place I've ever found contact paper has been at hardware stores now.
Sandee said…
I'm sure Lily is happy what you did with her chair. I sure like it much more now.

Have a purrfect day, Lily. My best to your mom. ♥
MadSnapper said…
YES I would kiss a frog for 5 thousand.. especially freddy..I last kissed Jake, and Bob so yes to kisses to
I think the stool looks great :)

All the best Jan
Ann Thompson said…
The craft section at Wal-Mart has tons of decorative duct tapes. This looks really good on that chair. Lily will be dining in style now
Red Rose Alley said…
That is too cute, Pam. You did a great job on it. Lily seems to like her new stool. : )

~Sheri
Jeanie said…
That's cute as all get out and functional too! Fun to see Lily! She seems happy as a clam with it!
Liz A. said…
Did you know they have duct tape sheets? I've never bought one as I haven't had a need for it, but that would have been perfect for the stool. Although, contact paper does exist. I found some for me about a year back. I got a cheap clipboard from Dollar Tree, but it was basically fiberboard. It needed something. So, I covered it with contact paper.

At first, I thought you might upholster the stool. A little fabric, a little batting, and a staple gun. Voila. (But not if you need to wash down the stool. Then that wouldn't work.)

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom