Struggles

I am a happy go lucky person
GENERALLY!

Several years ago I dipped down
into some major depression.
I was very sick and this
was before the fibro kicked in.
I let life pile up on me, it began
to take me over.
I CRASHED.

Then....I rebuilt myself, I 
found myself and for the first
time in life I began to 
accept me and more to the 
point I began to like me.
I found ME...
the real me and I was pleased.
With that said I had to dissect my life,
and when I say life, I had to 
go way back.
You see what I kept hidden all
my life was my feelings.
I let things that were said to 
me, and done to me take up
residence in my mind and all 
those years I screwed with me.
I did not see my worth, matter
of fact I spent a lot of time
being told I did not have
a worth. 

In dissecting my life, I came to
terms with the things that were
said and done to me. I realized that 
I could not change that, I accepted 
that the thoughts of others should
not decide who I should be in life.
I decided to accept them for who they
were and not let their crap weigh me down.

BUT...there are still those days, when
I don't feel well or I suffer from 
pain that those issues of wanting 
someone accept me and it 
is usally that one person that never
has accepted me for me.

I had an issue come up a few days
ago where that not accepting hit
me hard. I have been struggling 
for days with this and with the 
fact that with hitting me wrong
I came back at them. I love
this person so I stepped back and 
decided I needed time away.
With that struggling I find 
that I need to find my worth again....

SO I CREATE.
I had two solid oak chairs in 
the shed that needed love (one
still needing it) but the other
got some extra love to find its 
worth.

Of course...I failed to get that 
before pic and although I 
can go to the shed and take a pic
of the other one....I am being lazy
and not doing that...

But there is the process and 
finished product.

First coat of paint.
I stray painted it with paint 
that has a primer however, even though
spray painting is the easiest I did
not like the way it 
covered.


SO...out came the paint and brush.
Then the stencil.



It is done. I has been sealed.
Also...in the house cause I realized
that the heat might not be playing
pretty with the bones of the chair. 

HAHA....I love that I am so open
that folks just know me. I was
tagged in the same video 5 times
in 24 hours for a new paint
project.

It requires a sink strainer.


Which I purchased this on at the dollar
store for 2 bucks.
Here is my finished
project. 



Here is a link if you wish to see
how it is done.
REMEMBER...you need runny paints!
Mine was not so runny and 
really needed to be.

https://www.facebook.com/GeniusIdeasInsider/videos/241752783217367/UzpfSTE1OTY1NDIyODk6MzA2MDYxMTI5NDk5NDE0OjEwOjA6MTUzMzEwNjc5OTo3MTg4MjYxMTE3NzI5MTM4MjI2/

Remember the frames I made
for the reunion?


They were well used and so much fun.
They are not sealed and stored
under the bed for the upcoming 
reunion to take place
in 2028!!
HAHA



I was scrolling through the reunion FB page
and found this. HEY...I am all about
having my pic made with a bunch of guys!

One of the hubbys of a DuPonter
took this pic using my camera so
it is not the best...
but there is the planning 
committee.
That SIGN was made for
ME!

I have things to do....
I need to create...
I need to shop.....
(HAHA) Tax free weekend
in TN....I am going for an ipad!
Gotta move this tire, old body.

HAHA and just as I was closing
this post I get a text that helps with 
my struggles right now..


Thanks Tammy for sending this.
The text came from my boss from 
my photo servicedays (center woman).
It was taken at one of  Governor Bredsen's
staff Christmas parties. That would 
be the Gov on the far right and between
him and Tammy is his wife.
The woman on the far end is....
oh well, I will let  you guess and the 
guy next to me is my bud and a 
man (younger than me) that I think
the world of, Phil.
Youngest photographer in the office
and such a hoot. 

OH MEMORIES!







Comments

Sally said…
Pam, I can really relate to depression. In fact, when I was FIFTY was finally diagnosed with bi-polar. It was a relief to know what it was I had been dealing with since I was a child. It doesn't have a hold on me, and like you I did a lot of soul searching to begin to like myself. Just to let you know, I understand. xoxo

Love the chair; it's beautiful. Not that I'm surprised 'cause girl, you can do anything, and do it well.

Jeanie said…
I love all the photos. And your words are powerful and poignant. And your solution is spot-on. Create. We escape through creation. And it is so powerful. Bravo to you!
Darla M Sands said…
What a delightful group photo! I never imagined you with such dark hair. You are beautiful with every look you choose. I can imagine the source of your pain, though I won't say here. I respect your privacy. I'm dealing with a misunderstanding in which I managed to insult a friend of my father's without even realizing it. That was a weird text message exchange I mentioned on FB resulting in Dad not talking to us for months. Anyway, the chair is beautiful as you! I wish you all the best and hope for some medical breakthrough to give you better health.
Rhodesia said…
You are amazing at creating and if it helps you with your struggles then that is good. Take care Diane
Christine said…
Creating is therapeutic for sure!
NanaDiana said…
I am sorry you have had to struggle with so much over the years. I think we are harder on ourselves than we would EVER be on anyone else. I know I am!

I love that last photo. The guy next to you looks like a real character---my kind of guy! xo Diana
Dewena said…
That's a very hard issue to settle once and for always, isn't it? We think we have it licked and then it crops up again. I know you'll do fine though and I love what you're creating. Very pretty!
I think if we were all truthful, Pam, we all get hurt and have some thinking to do to realize we are good enough. I'm glad you have sorted out your feelings. You are so talented and creative. That is a special gift, my friend. Love your reunion photos. Such funny signs. Have a good weekend. ♥
Your creativity will get you through. We’’re not creative here at all, but we do have the shopping thing down!
Billie Jo said…
Depression and anxiety suck.
I will pray for you, my friend.
And you keep doing that amazing creating!!!
Hugs from cool and cloudy Pennsylvania. : )
MadSnapper said…
depression is a hard thing to kick and it sounds like you managed to do it and do it well. using your creative talent is a great way to help. and look at all the lovely things you have left to prove you are better
Pilar said…
Pam thank you for sharing your story. You know that I shared my story about my struggles with depression and anxiety last week. You left such a inspiring comment on post. Life can be hard, and it's ok to need some help along the way to cope. Now that I'm going back to counseling and taking meds for my depression and anxiety I feel hopeful. All days aren't going to be hard days, I wish you peace and happiness!
Once again, thanks for sharing your struggles with us.
I really think it helps other too.
Keep doing your creative works, they are good - I really like the chair.

My good wishes

All the best Jan
Liz A. said…
Love the chair.

In the world of energy medicine, thoughts become things. Psychic pain becomes physical pain. A disease is a dis-ease of the mind. Your fibro could probably be traced to the rejection of this one person.

I'm sorry this person has caused you so much pain. These are the hard lessons. It's the ones closest to us who really show us who we are.

Great shots from the reunion. If I was doing my reunion, I would totally steal those signs. (I haven't been to a reunion yet. I swore before I graduated I would never. And I have no desire to do so.)
Trying to catch up a bit after being on vacation. Lady, you are very creative and I love it that you are willing to try new things. Awe dear lady, will say a prayer for you for sure. Like I tell my girls sweet lady, your truth worth is only in Christ. Hugs and blessings to you. Cindy
I'm glad you were able to create something to help yourself. And the chair looks great!
Red Rose Alley said…
Pam, first of all, I'm sorry you were feeling this way, and thanks for sharing your story. I really think that when people treat us bad somehow they are not in a good way themselves. Keep creating and making your artful things. This chair is so charming with the stenciling. And I like the frame you made for the class reunion. You look good in these pictures. I didn't make my class reunion this year. It was very casual and at a class mate's house.

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom