Palomar Mountain and Family You Chose

Back to Calif. shots!
Sorry to bore you but I had
the best time.

Welcome to the historial Palomar
Mt. Lodge. Built in the 1920's.
Once a B&B with a full restaurant.
5665 ft above elevation.

There is Ping Pong, pool, a paino that
came with the place.


Fireplace in and out.

Enough area to entertain.





Both in and outside.

Hidden details.


An amazingly large kitchen.
2 Fridges, two stoves, two
washers and two driers.


10 bedrooms.
2 with showers.
2 with shower /baths.
Two baths not attached to rooms,
with showers and two not attached
with no showers.
8 in total.

The hall in the Shinning...I mean 
the hall to the rooms!


A big pantry, washroom and space 
galore.
And lets not leave out this view.

Cool steps from the side yard 
to the porch....which is BIG.


The conservatory just down
the road.



Cute elements that just add to 
the skeem of things.


An area to hang a hammock 
or two.


Peaceful place to doze.


Cory's fave spot.
A porch off the rooms where
the indoor lights or outdoor
lights of the front don't get in the 
way of a beautiful starry night.


Cory shared this spot with me on 
mine and his last night there.
I was able to see the Milky Way and 
so many, many stars.

I arrived on Saturday afterroon to the Mt.
where Cory, Britney and the gang just
enjoyed the day.


And what a beautiful day it was.
A small thunderstorm had gone through
right before I arrived, cooling things
down. I actually wittnessed my first
Calif. thunderstorm ony way up the 
mountain....2 lightning strikes!
That was it!

But the best part of my stay there
was being able to spend time with
the family that
Cory has chosen.

Not the one he married into
and not the one he was born into...
but the ones that he picked and
picked him.

This bunch.
This group love my son, they
think the world of him and I know
that any given time I can leave him
in Calif. and never have to worry
about him with Britney's family
and this family around him.

Funny....this is only part of them.
I felt so honored to be a part of this.
Course that is my son being silly
and laying down. The dude with
his hand on Cory's leg is CB AKA 
Choc Bear...or DJ for the name he
does by. His wife was in Vegas and  
kids go to Fla. to be with his parents
in the summer.  Next ~ left to right in 
the next uneven (haha) row with the white topri
me is Michelle. I have spent time with 
Michelle in the past but it was great
to be able to have the space to have 
one on ones with each one of these
folks.  Next to Michelle and right in
front of CB's head is my daughter in law,
Britney. Next to Brit is Theresa and next 
to her is her hubby Thomas. The gentleman holding
the dog is Michelle's better half and soon to 
be hubby and that is Squirrel he is holding.
The woman behind him is Danielle  and 
that is Karl on the end.  Now back to
the other end~ Behind Beth is Zack, he
is with Beth. Skylar is Connies bf and
then there is one of Cory's best friends Kyle
and last the head between Kyle and Brit is
Klyes better half, Jen. 

For those of you reading all those
names...there will be a quiz later!

I suggested the group pic with
me taking it just so Cory could have it
of him and his friends on his bday but they all 
insisted I be in it too...
Connie had her new camera that she sat
up on a stool and set the timer to get
that great pic. It worked out great.

But while we stood there for Connie
to get it set up and aimed in the 
right area, Zack and I posed while
Jen tried her best to get in the pic
and CB photobombed from the porch!

But here is a pic I will treasure always.


the less!

Photobombed by Squrriel non
Anyone heading to Palomar, the lodge
is for rent!
We had a total of 16 there and it can
sleep more with pull out couches and 
roll away beds.

You also know...that I am not finished with
pics or stories of my trip just yet.
More to come!
I have lots of pics I made B&W and
more artisty shots. 

Just a health update~
I have not taken fibro meds
for 1.5 weeks. Yes, I hurt 
a bit more but at this point I
am trying to figure out if
I can deal with the pain better 
than the fatigue. I felt like I was
spending more time laying around
and sleeping then I 
wanted to be doing.
Only time will tell..
Later~
Pam


Comments

Christine said…
What a great time you had! Feel better soon.
What a beautiful place high up in Palomar! I'm sure the evening skies were spectacular, Pam. Such cute photos of everyone. It makes a Mama happy when our children are happy. Enjoy the rest of your trip and I hope you are feeling well. Don't apologize for sharing your wonderful trip. ♥
Liz A. said…
It's so nice to be in the mountains. And I bet the weather was cooler up there. (You were here for our heat wave.) Looks like it was a lot of fun.
Sandee said…
What a lovely place and yes that hallway looks like the one in Shinning. I love that movie.

I'm so happy you had a great time. As it should be.

Have a fabulous day and week. ♥
Darla M Sands said…
You have done a wonderful job raising your children. Be proud. And feel well!
Rhodesia said…
No wonder you had a great time. A fabulous place and I envy you having a wonderful family. I am sad that I am an only child with no children and only cousins who are very distant! Wonderful photos and you look so happy. Take care and I hope the fibrio pain eases off very soon. Diane
Ann said…
That lodge is amazing and what a great place to get everyone together. LOVE that fireplace. I've really enjoyed seeing all your pictures from your trip.
MadSnapper said…
that is really a nice and very large family he chose. I love the choosing part. it is so true that our friends we love are like family and I never thought about them being chosen. I love it. the lodge is a place I would love to stay in.
Sally said…
So glad y'all had a great time, and Pam you never, ever bore us! I love seeing your photos, hearing about what you're doing! :0

xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom