Long Blog - Flowers, B&W, Signs and Sayings


Going to Calif. I love seening
plants we don't have in TN. or ones
that we have a different version of.

While there I started studying wildflowers
on the net to see what I found there
that I liked and if they would grow
in my growing zone of 7.

The times we have lack on rain 
most would fit in. Although some
say they will grow here I do
wonder how they would do in 
the cold.

But you know, all I have to
do is TRY!
I decided that the studying
and learning of those plants
is a goal for me for next 
spring.

When I picked T up at the hospital
Friday we ran to 
STARBUCKS....
apparently the coffee in 
the hospital was
not to her liking....:)

I love this saying.

And this one.


This is so me....if I 
can take a scenic route I am
all about it.
HAHA...usually with camera in 
hand of course.

With that, I use this phrase a lot.
Waiting on an elevatore, I might get
on one going up when I need to 
go down and I just tell 
folks I am on for the ride 
on the scenic route!

More B&Ws. 
First one was at the barn.


The other day I went to the 
Bright Place
(blogged about that here~
https://pam-lifethroughmyeyes.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-bright-place.html )
To meet a bride that I will 
be working with on Monday.
Took a few pics while there.





HAHA...however the next one is
one that is on my mom's deck,
made by my talented brother.



 
I found this hanging in a doc office.
Great J.
Would have been an awesome
D, but I did not see it 
till I was leaving and just
needed to get out of there....not
health reason's other reasons....


So I have been meaning to go 
to Old Time Pottery
(about 25 mins away)
for sometime now. I have a gift
cert. that I wanted to use
up and with the clearance of 
summer stuff it seemed like a must.

Well, I think I missed the best of those
sales a couple weeks ago...
but it was okay, I enjoyed 
walking around.

 I love signs.

I hope to copy the one below.


And this one!


My first bean from my Egyptain Bean
or 
Egyptain Hyacinth.

When I matures I will be picking
it and all its siblings to dry
them out and have the seeds
for next spring.


You guys know me well enough
to know that I look around and 
I take in so much~
guessing that is part of
the photographers eye
or the artist in me.
But I love seeing the tucked away
humor in life...
this being one.

 

My mushroom in the yard.


Goodwill in the city down the road
is closing till they can find
another location.
Prices right now are just
25 percent off but I saw this...


And had to have for the yard.
4.50 bucks, I left 3 and told my
friend Debbie that lives there that
she might like to go get a couple...
and I thought about it and told her
that if she got two would she pick
up the 3rd one for me...so I could
have two.

 I felt it in my bones yesterday
that I needed to craft, I needed
to create~ SOMETHING
even if it was simple project.
Simple is what I went with.

Remember these?

In making these I take the 
spikes off the bottom of
the solar lights.
And the question was what 
shall I do with them?
Thanks to my niece Jessica for
passing some glass knobs my
way, this thought hit me.
   

I glued the knobs onto the spikes. 
And BAM, I have these cute
thingys for the garden.
I have a couple for me and one for
Debbie and one for T.
Pretty sure I have more spikes 
also....its all about reusing!

Hoping all are having a great
time. 
LAUGH, LAUGH HARD
LAUGH OUT LOUD.









Comments

Sandee said…
What a fun post. I loved all the sayings like Relax Hard.

Have a fabulous day, my friend. ♥
Darla M Sands said…
Great photos! You're so inspiring. Meanwhile, I have something to share. A local friend shared a post regarding a supplement called kratom that he ingests for pain and finds quite effective. Thought I'd share. ~hugs~ Now, I need to get busy writing prose. Be well, my dear!
Lovely photos! I think I'm ready to relax hard!
MadSnapper said…
Love the black and white, and love the cute little knobby thingies tooooooooooooooooo
Ann Thompson said…
Whatever that is in the first picture it's really pretty.those signs are all great .
Rhodesia said…
You always find such interesting things to take photos of. Great post. Take care Diane
I think the black and white photographs look great.

All the best Jan
Betsy said…
Nice B &W photos. I like the Relax Hard and I have been doing that these days. Great Post! Betsy
Liz A. said…
So many signs. Only so many surfaces to cover...
Red Rose Alley said…
I like your black and white photos today. I am a SIGN person too, Pam. The one "home is where your story begins" caught my eye, as I used to have that one but gave it away, and now wish I hadn't. What a creative mushroom in your garden, and the red really stands out. I see that you are still taking wonderful pictures wherever you go. : )

Enjoy the summer days. It's pretty hot here lately.

~Sheri
Sally said…
I always enjoy visiting with you, Pam. You have so many hobbies, and seem to get a lot of joy from life (although I do know you suffer).

xoxo
I'm loving all of your black and white pictures lately.

One thing I've tried when I plant something that's iffy for our area due to the cold is to try to plant it near the house, or another bush or something so it's a little more sheltered from the worst of the cold. It works about half of the time, so not a super impressive success rate, but it makes me really happy when it does work.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom