Doors, Gates and B&W Views of Calif.


I love B&W pics. I think they
offer a tad bit of elegance to 
a shot. 
I have a whole series of 
pics I have taken that hangs
above my couch in the livingroom.
With that said, I am thinking of
trading some of those shots out
with newer ones just to give
a new feel to it all.

When I Calif. I loved viewing the 
difference in living there compared
to here. For one we all know that there
is a lack of space in the 
neigbhors of Calif. where in
TN we have so much more space
between homes. I not only loved viewing
how folks take what little space they
have to make it work, to have cute little
sitting areas, and gardens.
But something that caught me
eye was the use of doors and gates. 

With that I will be doing a whole
series of doors and gates to hang in 
my home (like I have the wall space).
Like I have stated before, 
I have to fill all blank space on 
my walls!

Not only do I love the doors
and gates I love the B&W and
I love wood and metal just as
much as I love demin and lace!

Check out my B&W doors and gates.

Love the look of this one above.
It has the elements of wood and metal
that draws me in.

The one below was taken on 
Palomar Mt.
It is the gate that opens to the lodge.


Here we have the wood, metal and 
concrete!

Loved these garage doors.


This one was cool but for
some reason it just don't
get it in B&W.


Cute little doorway to maybe
a hiden garden, or cool
sitting area.


LOVE 
these below.


How neat. Added 
lights to this one.


This was taken in a small area
at the bottom of Palomar Mt.
A totally deserted area with abandoned
bldgs and fields.  I turned around
to get this shot when I noticed
the tennis shoes. 
In TN if you see this tied on 
a phone wire above the road that
is a sign that drugs are sold
in that area. Not sure what
it means in Calif.
 H 



Do you have any cool
doors or gates that call 
to you that you can share?

Now moving from gates to 
just B&W. Some shots just call
to be letting me know they
might look great in color
but they would look amazing
in B&W.

This is the outside fireplace at 
the lodge.


And here it is at another
angle.


As a photographer to get that
great shot I have been known
to lay on the ground....however
as big as this was, I just needed to
lean in.

This was on the mt. on the way up.
A little nook off the road where  you
could fill up with Mt. water if you
wanted. I did stop and taste...
AMAZING.


 

Sitting in front of the fireplace at 
the lodge is this amazing couch like
piece. Sitting there on it I had to 
get this shot.


And it had to be done in 
B&W of course.

There were several places along
the fencing at the lodge like this...


Lights outside the lodge.


The porch at the lodge does not
have your normal metal rails...
instead it uses two great elements
together. Wood and rock.


There were so many cool things
to take in at the lodge and 
being a lodge...
you have to have something
like this!



There is a two seater rocker
and two single ones on 
the porch. They have the
coolest cut in work to the 
wood that made great shots.



And here again...the sitting
area in front of the fireplace outside
called for another type of shot.


The fencing around the 
property not made to really
keep anyone out but to add
the the beauty of the place.

More metal and of course if
it is rusty more the better.



These next two shots called to 
me to be taken...however
once done they just don't have
the impact I thought they would.





Headed down the mt. back 
to Cory and Brit's place.

 

Hoping some of these pics spoke
to you. I had forgotten how much B&W calls 
to me, which in turn reminds me
I need to get out more with my
camera. Out in the wild (haha)
maybe not wild but nature.
Vacation away brought that back
to me.





Comments

Darla M Sands said…
It's easy sometimes to stop looking around in our typical surroundings. Beautiful images. I didn't know that about shoes hanging from power lines. That's probably what it means around here. Our lines are underground in this neighborhood, otherwise I'm sure the former neighbors across the street would have strung up shoes. Ugh... It's good their gone, though I'm sorry they lost the house despite the obvious late night goings on. Be well!
The black and white photos are always special and sure spark the imagination!
Liz A. said…
I'll have to pay more attention to gates and doors around here. I don't really notice them too much.
Sandee said…
Wonderful Black and White shots. I love that outdoor fireplace the very best. Wow.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches to the babies. ♥
MadSnapper said…
each room in my house has a few of my photos printed and framed. but you would have a blast, you could hang hundreds of things on my walls. they are almost blank and 3 walls are blank completely. OCD is me.. love the gates, all of them... great job on the black and white.
I love all the black and white pictures. Some really are just better in black and white. I really like the gate idea. There are so many pretty gates in and around Charleston. I need to get some good pictures of them next time we're there. Thanks for the idea!
Rhodesia said…
I will have to return tomorrow. Our WiFi is so slow tonight I cannot download your photos!!! Enjoy your day Diane
Rhodesia said…
Ha - rebooted then managed to load the photos!! Great set and yes apart from a couple they all looked great in B & W. Take care Diane
Ann Thompson said…
This is an awesome collection of B&W's. Ive always liked them. I think they give a picture a more dramatic look
Lisa said…
Oh, my goodness! "For one we all know that there is a lack of space in the neighbors of Calif."
We don't all know that! There are SO many areas of CA where the houses are far, far apart! Even in many suburbs there are huge yards, and some neighborhoods lack fencing between them.
Lovely photos. I like black and white for some themes. It fits sometimes.
Jeanie said…
These are VERY nice Pam. And I agree on b/w.

Which reminds me -- you are a no-reply blogger so I can't email you directly. Please send me your email at jeanie@wkar.org (about the Paris pic!) so I can reply off-blog!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom