Death/ Weight/ Reunion/ Bday

Mrs. Bettye Mossack
the mother 
of a classmate.

Mrs. Mossack left this world
the other day. Two friends and I
went out to the funeral home to 
be with Pam, her daughter for 
visitation. 


Remember this pic.


Well this is after I left...I mean I 
lost 70 lbs!


But of course the whole 70 did not come
from the belly area! haha

Some came from the face....
and that chin!


My journey started just at a yr ago.
I weighed in at 210, lost 11 before
surgery. On Feb 18 I had the gastric bypass 
and dropped the rest. 

Another 15 to 20 lbs and I will be
happy. 

If I couldn't feel any older
I attended a meeting this 
evening to help plan my class
40th reunion!
OUCH!

So it is set for July 14 which
gives us a few months of planning.
A lot of the class members 
are on fb so Danny posted this
pic as a teaser for all of our
classmates!

Back row is Charles, Danny, Me on my knees
Teri and the lady holding the 
camera taking the USIE is Cindy.
Cindy is actually married to 
Danny. These folks are all class
representatives, I on the other hand
was not a class rep. but since I am 
retired and have time they asked
if I would like to be a part of
the planning. 

I am honored. 

Also....Cindy and I grew up 
as good friends just a couple
of house from each other.



Tomorrow my dad would be 90
yrs old if he was still with us. 
He has been gone almost
31 yrs now. I was pregnant
with my son at that time. 
Happy Bday Dad.


Thank you for stopping in, 


Comments

Christine said…
congrats on the weight loss and may your friend rest in peace.
Ann said…
I just realized when I saw the "78" sitting on the table that my 40th will be in 2 years. I haven't gone to one in ages. I'm not even in contact with anyone I went to school with
Jeanie said…
It's always inspiring to hear about your weight loss. The reunion should be extra fun this time!
MadSnapper said…
what a difference 70 pounds makes, all over the body. i do wish we could point out to the body where the weight should come from.. mine comes out of ankles, wrists and face. the middle of me stays the same. i now look like an apple on tooth picks. last year was our 55th graduation reunion, yowsa
Sally said…
I'm sorry about your friend's mother; she was a beautiful person.

You've done so well in your weight loss journey. My hat is off to you, Pam.

I've gone to all of the high school reunions; we had the 50th a few years ago. It was always nice to see old friends. :)

xoxo
NanaDiana said…
You look great, Pam. My friend had the bypass surgery about 15 or 16 years ago- lost 100# and has kept just about all of it off all these years. I know that is a struggle for some to maintain but she got counseling along the way, too, to deal with the emotional aspect of eating. I am so proud of her and I know you must be feeling pretty proud of yourself, too.

Have fun with the class reunion-planning and all. xo Diana
Sandee said…
Sorry for the loss of your friends mom.

Wow, you did really well with your weight loss. Hard to do too. You look fabulous.

Have a fabulous day. ♥
Rain said…
Hi Pam :) Beautiful photos and memories and beautiful YOU. Losing that much weight is a big accomplishment, I've done it too. Don't you feel great? But...I'm sorry about the loss of your mom's friend.
Stephanie said…
My dear Pam, first of all I am truly sorry for your friend's mother. What a beautiful lady she was!

And speaking of beautiful ladies...just look at you! You look simply stunning, before AND after, if I might say so. You have such a lovely smile. Congratulations on all you've accomplished.

Hugs to you!
Liz A. said…
How nice to help with the reunion planning. I hope that goes well.
Rhodesia said…
The weight loss is fantastic, and great that you are still sticking to it. Sure you must feel better for it. Take care Diane

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom