This and That Post - Projects and Road Finds


Good Morning all
Bloggers!

Here it is the end of November 
and Nashville is dealing 
with some warmer weather.
The past week its been cool (32-35)
in the morning and warms up around
10 to about 50 degrees so that I can open
the door to the deck and Lily can go out.
This morning at 7:30 it was already 51!
And we have rain. 
Welcome to the world of Global 
Warming. 

Years ago when I was in paint class
I painted my first Christmas card. 
What I mean by that is I painted a 
scene and I had it printed for 
my card.

This is my first 
Christmas card. 
I am now working (and I am behind)
on this years card. 
For the next few (14) days
I will post the cards over the years.
By the time I am done, I should have this
years painted. I will not post it though
until it goes out in the mail
and has been received. 



I was very proud of my first card.
I sold the painting years ago but the
above is a pic of the printed card.

Since I have been showing some of
my creative projects I wanted
to share this.
Some of you might have seen it
before. I picked up this metal and 
glass bubblegum machine at 
Goodwill for $2.99.
Got it cause it was a great buy...
no clue what I was going to do 
with it....
then it hit me.
Birdfeeder.

I took out the parts so that the 
feed would move down on its own.
Applied a perch and a wire
to hang it by.


I gave this to my brother Mark, he
loves things like this, things that have been
recycled or upcycled.

One of my fav handmade Christmas
ornaments. I designed one like this from my
daughters DL when she got them over
20 yrs ago. So when my nephew
got his, I did the same for him.


Another happy project...For years the metal
stand stood in my brothers yard. 
For years I looked at it, wondering what
Mark was going to do with it.
When he was talking one day about
taking metal off to recycle I threw the 
question out there about what was
he going to do with it....
with that question, and this one, "can
I have it"?
I got it!

I sanded the rust off, primed it and 
painted it back black and my friend
Chris wired it for me. I picked up the 
outdoor lamp at Lowes.


Isn't it cool?
I is on my deck and I read by it some
nights. I could actually hang plants
on each side.

Haha...nope, I did not make this. Found it 
on Pinterest, but I thought it was cute.


Now....moving on to business.
But....first, I have stated that I am trying
to cut back on the items I have sitting around
to craft/recycle/repurpose....
but people keep setting things on the 
side of the road for
FREE!

Tuesday I was going to get my haircut
and saw this


Oh my gosh, it is solid wood, on rollers!
Haha...I don't need it, but my head and
heart would not let me leave it there.

Sitting right next to it was this chair


This is a tall bar like chair. I am seriously
thinking of cutting it down for a normal 
chair. Legs are a bit wobbly but I think 
I can handle that. 

Then yesterday the woman up the street
put this out. I was headed to recycle and moms
to clean when I saw it. I was loaded down 
with recycle stuff so I could not stop. 
Told myself if it was still there when I came
home I would get it!

IT WAS THERE!


Thought I would recover but I like the material
on there and all it really needs is cleaning.
Plus, not sure I could cover it with the 
buttons on there and it look this nice.

There was also this cool basket
with it. 


The lady up the street must have a shop
where she redose or sales stuff cause
she always has stuff by the road but
also a lot of stuff under her carport and 
it changes often.
She has got to stop sitting stuff by 
road! I have a hard time not stopping.
This is the same woman I got the
coffee table from that I redid
for my daughter. 


Okay...moving on to other stuff.
For several years now I have carried my
iphone in a clear case, but I decorate
it according to the season or event.
Here is my phone ready for the
Christmas season.
I love scrapbook paper.


Yesterday I stopped off at Hobby Lobby
and getting out of the car
I saw this....
love it.


Went to dinner with Theresa last night
and I wore this.
I really like the shirt now
that I buttoned it up!


I also have a gray one just like this
but it is going to get lace!

I started my painting life
with oils. I love working with 
oils opposed to acrylics but acrylics
sell better cause they don't cost as
much. Oils just demand a higher price.
So when I paint what I call a kindergarten 
painting (simple) I use acrylics.
Working on my Christmas card I went
with oils....it felt so good to move that paint
around on a canvas the other day.

Anyway, with all that said, here and there
some of us ladies in the family go
paint at a gallery. They use acrylics
and the are basically kindergarten
paintings I could do with my eyes closed.
But its the fun part, going out with 
friends or family as a whole to these
things. I am going out tomorrow
night with Kim my sis in law (Marks
wife).  We get to pick 3 minis to
do and they will hang on ribbon for
us. I think I will do the Christmas
ball, stocking and maybe the 
snowman. 


Kimmy and I will have a good time.
I will be going back to my other brothers
today to house sit till Wed. 
They are taking Eva back to NC for 
a service on Sat. There is other things
to do once there. 

Check out what Lily has done now..
http://pjack214.blogspot.com/2017/11/kitten-hat.html


Comments

Sally said…
I just love you, Pam. Your posts are always so interesting and fun. Such talents you have; so amazing. :)

xoxo
Billie Jo said…
Good morning!
Your painting on your Christmas card is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!
You are so very talented.
Have a lovely last day of November...
Unusually warm here in PA too!
Darla M Sands said…
Amazing! I can't imagine approaching the skill and creativity of your many talents.
Jeanie said…
Your first card? You're kidding me. It is absolutely stunning -- so beautiful. I think trees in snow are hard but you nailed it1
MadSnapper said…
love your first card, I always had trouble just buying a box and addressing them. lol. stopped doing that 15 years ago. smiling big over decorating your phone. my mother would have done that is she ever saw a cell phone. you are much like her except she did not have the artist gift like you do...
Ann Thompson said…
Your first card is beautiful. I can't believe how much good you find out in people's trash.
Liz A. said…
Kindergarten paintings? Simple for you, maybe. For some of us, we could never achieve that look.

Perhaps you need to go and meet that lady that's always leaving stuff out. You two need to go into business together. She finds the stuff. You upcycle. Maybe she sells?
Love all your neat crafts- you are very talented and you definitely have a good eye for Cool stuff to re-do, upgrade or remodel.
Little Penpen said…
This post is so full of goodness! Your Christmas card is incredible and I love love love what you did with that coffee table! I like to repurpose too, and I love blogs like yours! Thanks for stopping by my blog. You mentioned going to visit my daughter's blog (little blue gas station). Her little blue house isn't tooo far from you...she's in Cross Plains.
Red Rose Alley said…
"This and That" posts are my favorite. So many cute things on here today. Your Christmas card with the trees is so pretty. You really are talented, ya know that? It reminds me that I'm getting my tree this weekend yaaaay. That is the cutest gumball bird feeder. I remember seeing it before on one of your posts. This table is really nice that the woman put on the side of the road - it looks sturdy and I like the wood. That's a cute smiley face on the side car window. ; ) It's nice that you notice all the small things in the world, Pam, that many miss.

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom