Meals


It has been a week and one day
since I had my gastric by pass
surgery. I have done
great. I thought it was going
to be a horrible week and it
has been a breeze.

Keep in mind that I started
drinking clear liquids on
Sunday night before
surgery....
and I am still drinking the same.

I was surprised to see that the
docs office treat vegetable and
beef broth as
clear.

He is what my day consist of.


Either I have chicken, beef or
veggie broth for breakfast


But I mix 2 scoops of this with
my broth. That gives me
20 grams of protein.

This is my new sippy cup...
thanks Sandra for giving
me the idea to make a post and for
calling this a
sippy cup!

I put 4ozs of water in here.
Love that ozs are marked
on my cup.
I mix my necter (above) with
the water...
SHAKE it,
SHAKE it,
SHAKE it baby!

then I add heated broth.
Using a 1/2 can of broth,
and the water this usually
comes to 10 ozs.

Stick a straw in and
here I go.
It is taking me about 45 mins to
and hour to get this down.
Taste is not bad but I have
to take it all so slow
to not over load
my stomach pouch to fast.


I am required to take in 64ozs of
liquid in a day.
I usually do that with  tea.

What TEA? Clear liquid?
Yep...it is.
It has to be decaf, unsweet.


This is the cup I got from
the clinic but it does not
have the ozs on it. So once
I measure my tea I put
it in here and store in the fridge
for the day.

There is a whole list of things you
can have to drink.
Crystal Light being one..
I have tried to stay away
from taking in so many
different types of stuff like
this that contains
artificial sweetener.

However, I brought this home
from the hospital and I
actually mix a bit with
my tea.


Mom went crazy buying no sugar
added jello which I can also have...
still again, taking it easier due to
the sweetener. I have Fibromyalgia
and artificial sweetener and Fibro
don't play pretty together.


Also.....sugar free...
But boy these are so good and its a
nice tasting treat. Plus, it does go
to my liquid intake for the day.


I do the broth 3 times a day.
That gives me 60 grams of protein.
I am supposed to take in 60 to 90.
However, I am so about over BROTH!!!

Doc. apt tomorrow and with that
I should be able to move onto
protein shakes which will be thicker
and more filling so the BROTH can
be gone! Still doing the liquids.
I will do 64 ozs of them everyday for
the next yr.
With the doc apt. I will also start taking
my vits, iron and calcium that
I will be taking the rest of my life.

Thanks for stopping in and
come back tomorrow to see if there
has been a loss (there better be) and how
much.




Comments

Liz A. said…
Only liquids? No solids?
MadSnapper said…
I like your sippy cups but not what you put in them.. yuck on the broth. my mother loved that broth and sipped it because she did. I assume you will add solids to the ounces soon. hope so... good luck with the weight loss.
MadSnapper said…
forgot to say my sons wife had this surgery a year and a half ago and is down 102 pounds and is now off her insulin, it took care of her diabetes.
Darla M Sands said…
Best wishes! You are a trooper.
Congrats... Sounds like things so far are going well for you. The hardest part of weight loss is the maintenance.... I could always LOSE the weight ---but could never keep it off... In 2011 I lost about 100 pounds and have been able to keep it off since. BUT--it is NOT easy.... I work much harder at the maintenance than I did while losing of the weight.... Hope you'll be able to get yours off and then keep it off...

Hugs,
Betsy

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom