Thinking Ahead into the Past

According to the group in charge
of the Pet Community Fund Raiser
they will be doing it again next yr.

The group got together and discussed
what they could do differently and 
how it could be made to run 
smoother. 

On that, they also decided on the 
theme of the fund raiser.
French Masquerade!

Thinking ahead I started 
surfing the net for dresses
and what they would look like.

I came up with several but my mind
kept saying, make it easy to 
produce. 

This I was thinking would be crazy
for me to even think about.

Actually, this one below would be 
easier.


This one I pulled for the fabric.
Trying to come up with what
would work.
Satin seems to be a biggie
with the dresses.


But my thoughts kept going back
to this one.



The top looks easier but the bottom
is what I loved. No ruffles. I was thinking
I could locate a long white skirt and 
for the center part and then work
from there. 

Then today, my friend Theresa and 
I had lunch up near my brothers
house (house sitting). We went
to the local Goodwill after lunch.

I went in and in less than 5 mins I located
this!

How cool is that? 
Thinking since the top is tight...and I 
can't zip it but the bottom is
the skirt part I need. 
And look.....
a netted skirt thingy to make
it stand out.


Then I saw this...
black lacy netting thing.

Check out the top of it...
loving the buttons. 


I also have a cute camisole 
type top that I used to wear with a open 
shirt over that top....I think it will
got nicely. Putting it all togehter
with a little altering and operating I 
should be able to produce a cool 
French type dress for a Masquerade 
party! 

Next will be to get a plastic mask 
to paint and decorative with beads, jewels,
glitter and feathers!
Thinking I will be making that in 
purple and adding some 
purple somewhere on the dress.




Now is that not thinking ahead?
HAHA
I had intended on stopping by Goodwill 
every week in hopes of finding something
close to what I needed but never in my
life did I think I would find it on my first
trip....
oh, and by the way....$9.99
for the dress.
$4.49 for the lacy top part. 
Thinking things will work out great!

Thanks for stopping by,


PS....Dakota is waiting for you to stop by his blog.
http://pjack214.blogspot.com/2017/10/dakota-rat-terrier.html

Comments

H.R. Bennett said…
All of those are pretty amazing dresses. Personally, I'm a fan of the Fourth.
Ann Thompson said…
Now that is lucky finding something that fast.
Sally said…
Wow - one shot, and you were THERE! Awesome, Pam.

These dresses somewhat reminded me of the fifth grade, when we did the Minuet. How fun that was with the dresses and hoops; the powdered wig not so much. :)

xoxo
NanaDiana said…
I'd say that was meant to be, Pam, to find those items in GW!! They are all really lovely, aren't they? What a fun party to attend. xo Diana
Pilar said…
All the dresses are beautiful!
Jeanie said…
Timing is everything! Good on you, Pam! And I love the masks, too!
Sharon said…
I'm sure your mind will whirl with old dresses for a while yet. Are you shooting for real French design or just old fashioned? Any particular years? Have fun!
MadSnapper said…
most definitely thinking ahead, way ahead... my mother used to shop for Christmas presents for the next year, the day after Christmas and every day after that. the dresses are all pretty, and I am so very happy I don't have to dress like that... capris and tshirts with jeans if it ever cools off.... I gave all my dresses away when I retired.
Darla M Sands said…
I'm impressed. I haven't even gotten my act together for a party happening this fall. ~grin~ Fortunately, I need only get baby shower wrapping paper, a gift card, prepare the present, and drag myself out of town. I hate this cross state commute but it will be nice seeing my nieces. Be well!
Rhodesia said…
You will look amazing. Looking forward to seeing photos of you all dressed and ready to go. Take care Diane
Liz A. said…
So perfect. And wouldn't it be funny to have this all done and ready to go almost a year out?
Red Rose Alley said…
A fundraiser with a "French masquerade" theme - that sounds awesome. I really like the first dress and it would great to make something like that, love the blue. Those masks are cool. Please do show us your costume when it's finished. Do you know I have a thing for masks? I'll send you a pic through e-mail.

Happy end of October days, Pam.

~Sheri
Red Rose Alley said…
Pam, just realized I don't have your e-mail haha.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom