Street Art Around Town

Today was a hot one...
tomorrow will 
be even hotter.
Talking 97 with
a heat index of 
100 or more. 


Lily was a wild one tonight.
Bouncing from this and that, 
running here and there...
but when she crashed she
just dropped to the ground
under a stool I sat my
laptop on....
oh yes, and with a wadded up
piece of paper she
was playing with!


Some areas of town have
hired painters to paint
on their buildings. 
Here are a few.











 




























Then again there are the ones
that are tagged by 
others.

And then there are the neat
versions of art!





Pretty cool.

Yep...this is me!


I was going through some papers
tonight and found this...
it used to be tacked to my
bulletin board when I worked.









Smiling is infectious, 
you catch it like the flue.
When someone smiled at me today, 
I started smiling too.
I passed around the corner,
and someone saw my grin.
When he smiled I realized 
I'd passed it on to him.
I thought about that smile
then I realized its worth.
A single smile, just like mine,
could travel the earth.
So, if you feel a smile begin
don't leave it undetected.
Lets start an epidemic quick, 
and get the world infected!


Thanks for stopping in,


Comments

MadSnapper said…
I must be really wise since I have lots of wisdom gray... they are painting our walls here also, I need to get out and take pics, hubby will not go with me and I don't feel safe on the streets where they are painted and our traffic is so bad can't do drive by shootings... yours are beautiful, takes a lot of talent to paint like this
Love the graffiti. I admire those who can paint like that. Girl, talk about hot! It is hot here. I felt just like that chicken last Saturday while attending Track and field event with two of the grands. Lord have mercy! And I was under a tent. Time I got home I wasn't worth killing! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Rhodesia said…
Great post. Our closest big city, Angouleme has a painted wall trail. Widely known as the home of comic strips and images, Angoulême felt duty bound to decorate the town with colourful pictures. It all started in the town centre but soon spread outwards until today you can find painted walls in every district. I have put them on my blog in the past so they are in various places. Take care Diane
Sally said…
Wow!

Some very cool paintings, Pam. I loved seeing those. Nashville is filled with artists, including you! :)

xoxo
Sally said…
Oh, and Lawdy it's hot here too. 101 the other day.

I have to go to the post office; otherwise I wouldn't venture out today. :)

Stay cool if you can.
xoxo
Darla M Sands said…
Oh, I really like murals on the sides of buildings. They did that in my old hometown many years ago and now there are some in my little 'burb. They're retro, with a fifties look, but I also like the art that is technically vandalism on the sides of trains and uptown city buildings. I'm so glad you're enjoying your kitten's antics. And I like that saying. It's so true about smiles. Stay cool! I intend to stay in the A/C after going to the gym this morning. Too bad the county fair is this week. I wouldn't enjoy it. I hope you are feeling well, my dear.
Pam, I love the smile epidemic! It's sad to go about our day and see no smiles. The murals in your town would certainly make me smile--they are great! ♥
Cat Lover said…
Hi Pam, what wonderful murals! In our little town we have a few too. So nice to see.
We are hot too but nowhere as hot as you are!
Stay cool!
Robin
Ann Thompson said…
Lily is quite the entertainer. Love all those murals. I have lotsofwisdom highlihts lol
Liz A. said…
Wisdom highlights... *snort*

Love the murals.
Jeanie said…
Lots of lovely mural art -- how fun is that! And Lily. Oh, I love Lily!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom