Painting Class and Fridge

 Its so funny that
I pay to go
to these paint
classes when I 
can teach this 
at my house.
But, its fun when
someone ask you to
go and you go as
a group.

Friday night I 
went to a gallery
in the city next to me
with my sis in law, 
niece and sis in
laws niece.
We had so much
fun.
We painted this.

This is Kims.


My niece Holly and
her painting.


Sis in laws niece,
Briana

Holly again and my sis
in law, Kim


Three of us. Holly had to 
leave early cause she
is taking some college
courses and had homework.
Me, Kim and Briana.

I love seeing the differences.
The guy teaching had 3
bats. I only wanted two as
did Kim. We all
did the pumpkin faces
different. 
I loved it.

Have any of you ever
went to classes like
this?

My fridge was here
when I moved in.
Can't remember when
mom bought it. I should
have the paperwork and
need to look it up.

But it was getting rusty
on the front. I am not 
a fan of this type
of finish anyway.. 

So I decided to cover
it.


Amazing what you can do
with contact paper.
Not ready to purchase a 
new one yet. I want to 
get stated on redoing
the kitchen this winter
and once that is done I 
will prob purchase a new
one then. 

Now to get the
water disconnected
on the fridge so that
I can move it 
across the room. 
I am going to put 
a dishwasher in this
spot next to the sink 
since the house does
not have one being 
built in the late 60s.

Have you ever used
contact paper on
something like this?
Not long after I married,
hubs and I rented a house
that did not have 
a fridge so we bought 
a used one, and it
was not totally
pretty on the front...
I covered it with 
contact paper, only I 
used the wood looking
pattern. Held up great.

Hoping you all are
enjoying life,
Pam








Comments

DeniseinVA said…
Your Halloween painting is great! Sounds like fun. I went to painting classes years ago and enjoyed them. Enjoyed looking at your photos and that’s a lovely one of the three of you with your artwork. I had a cottage industry painting wooden Christmas ornaments for about a dozen years and had fun with that too, selling them at local and not so local craft shows. I am impressed with your fridge and the contact paper. I haven’t used it before but you did a great job and have definitely given me some ideas. Happy Halloween month!
Darla M Sands said…
You are such a fun person to be around! ~hugs~ I would worry about covering rust over any electrical appliance. But you are wiser than I. ~nods~ Thank you for sharing your art. Be well!
Oh i wish i could take lessons from you . Love the painting . Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Darla M Sands said…
Oh, funny enough, I took one of those painting classes. Everyone was surprised that I was alone. lol That's just how I am.
It looks like everyone was having fun in the class! WOW, the fridge sure looks better.
Liz A. said…
I'm not a fan of stainless steel appliances, either. Nice with the contact paper.

I once was with a group that went painting. But this was 30 years ago, before someone would have a painting to copy. I had to come up with a subject on my own, and I failed miserably. Never done it since.

But, the parties where there's a painting to copy, that's something I would enjoy. But no one I know has done this around me, so I haven't had a chance. I would enjoy that.
Ann said…
The paintings all look great.
The contact paper sure made a difference on the front of that fridge. I've used contact paper but never on anything big like this.
Jeanie said…
I spent yesterday up here (with my pneumonia -- can't do much) trying to pull out 60-year-old contact paper drawer liner from the drawer. I am nothing if persistent. But the fridge -- that's brilliant! My cousin's cottage fridge is rusty on the front but they aren't here enough to make an expensive new one worthwhile. I now know what they can do!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom