Cedar Chest, Snow People and Paintings

 In 1925
The Lane Cedar Box 
Company
started an amazing 
thing. 

They started passing out
mini cedar chest to
all girls graduating high school
It did not end until 
2004.
Yes, I got one.
Yes, I still have it.


Not sure I still have the key,
need to check that. 

Over those years from 
25 to 04
Lane gave out 27
million of these little boxes.
If interested you can read
about it here...

https://www.lanecedarbox.com/copy-of-lane-company-history

I painted one of these
a few weeks back but I
gave it to Paula for
her bday. We both like
our snow folks.
So I made another one
for me.


The other night I 
wanted to paint.
Body was not allowing
much more than that
and it was snowing
outside, what better
way to spend the day.




I have a couple of ladies
coming over to paint
in a week or so, so I 
have painted up the 
ones they are interested in.

Brianna, expecting mom, 
and young woman I 
photographed her senior
class pics about six 
yrs ago, is doing 
this one.


And Kimmy, my sis in law
is doing this one.

The original one is done on
two 8x10 canvas but I could
not sleep the other night
so I went ahead and started it...
but I did not have the 8x10 canvas.

This is what it looks like
on two canvas.
I also changed up colors to 
my liking.

I finished up the Key
painting this afternoon but
I had a commission piece
to do. 

DONE...

I have been busy and pushing
through the pain. 

Snowed on Sunday.
I did not go and play out
in it. We only got a little
over an inch. 
Not worth it.
I did go out on the deck
to clean it off for the dog
and I made this.

And I wrote Cory and
Britney their snow note.


Hoping your week is going well,
Pam




Comments

I love your snow peoples and the key to my heart is beautiful!
Christine said…
Love your creative crafting and sweet snow notes!
Marie Smith said…
You always get the eyes just perfect!
Liz A. said…
Those mini cedar chests are gorgeous. Where did they give those away? Definitely not around here :(
BeachGypsy said…
Love seeing all your crafts Pam!---you are GOOD AT IT! Oh YES!!--I remember the Lane cedar chests, and yes, I got one! I remember their ads in the old teen magazines I loved such as Seventeen, 'Teen, Glamour, etc. The ads were for the BIG cedar chests, in our day we called them "hope chests". A girl started her hope chest in early teens, filling it with silverware, pot holders and tea towels, bath towels, pretty sheets and pillowcases, vases, bowls, things she would take to her new home upon marriage. The ads featured dreamy engaged couples posing amongst skillets, pots and pans, etc.----by their cedar hope chests. Do you remember the ads? LOL
Ann said…
I graduated in 1980. I don't know anyone around here who got one of those cedar chests. Did you have to request one to get it?
I love seeing all your paintings and your snowmen are adorable
Sandee said…
You're so talented. I wish I had the craft gene.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Pam. Scritches to the furbabes. ♥
Darla M Sands said…
I'm sorry your pain level has been so high. ~hugs~ Your art is always wonderful. Best wishes!
I think the heart and key actually make more sense on two different canvases. All of the paintings are really pretty, though.

I'm very jealous that you didn't get much snow. We had around nine inches between Saturday and Sunday.
Jeanie said…
Lots of fun stuff and it would be even better if you weren't hurting. I loved your reminiscences on the Lane Chest. I have one, too -- I use it for holding computer flash drives and such. All good!
Red Rose Alley said…
The first time I saw this aqua and red combination was on a friend's blog. I didn't know what to think about it, but now I love this color combination, especially at Valentine's Day. So the heart and key canvases caught my attention right away. They are really creative and pretty. You did a terrific job on them, Pam. That little gnome is cute too. I have a thing for gnomes. ; ) I hope your pain goes away, Pam.

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom