Living Room and the Bar, New Project~Stain Glass and the Light

 One day a couple weeks
Julie had me over
to do an elopement and
she invited a new
a new Team Member for
me to meet.

She also made us
soup for afterwards.
I said that her little
pot was great and
I needed to get a small
crockpot like that so 
I would stop cooking
so much to fill 
my big one.

Julie actually had
three small crockpots
and gifted me with this
one.


I made chicken noodle
soup in it Sunday evening.
I had a cup full for lunch
on Monday.
YUM.

Problem is....making a smaller
batch of stuff, James, Julie,
Mark, Kim and Theresa will
not be getting left over food!

I love being home in 
my childhood home.
I hope one day to get
things done that I want
to do but you all know
how my body behaves so 
I might, I might not!

There are a couple of issues
that I don't care for because
I was spoiled to where I lived
for 28 years. 
We will get to those in 
a min.

However, I love my living room.
It is larger then the one
I had before and the one
I had was a great size. 

The other evening I moved, yes, 
still moving things around, a 
piece to the living room. 
This piece started out at
my other home as a side table
or library table. I did not
need it at this house until
it hit me that I could make
it as a bar for the kitchen.
It was just sitting there
catching crap that I had
to sit someplace. 

I moved it to behind the couch.
I had moved the couch
months ago to sit out in the 
room away from the picture
window.  I have a hutch 
on the back wall but the 
bar is in front of that
with a walkway from the 
front door. 


I have stools I purchased for 
the bar for when the boys
are here to eat at. 
They can always sit
in the living room at
the bar to eat now. 

The table was a tad more
narrow but I added the 
wood to the top and it sticks
out further on each side. 

Here is the view from the 
middle of the living room.
Couch and hutch on back 
wall.
Here is a pic from the
hutch to the other
end of the living room with
the bar behind the couch. 


I am liking it but if I move
the couch back in front
of the window, I will 
probably have to put the 
bar down in the garage. 

You all know that I am 
always trying to DO when
my bottom allows. 
Its not like I don't have things
to do or things started that 
need to be finished....but
I have ALWAYS wanted
to do stainglass. 
However, I pretty much decided
against that cause if you could 
see the craftroom you 
would wonder why I would
need any other stuff!!

But I still kept wanting 
to do....
I talked to a friend that does
stain glass and she talked
me through somethings so 
off to Hobby Lobby
I went.
There are a couple ways
to do it, glass with 
lead or copper wiring 
between each piece of glass OR
the way she does it. Small pieces of
glass glued
to a piece of glass and then 24 
hours later grout it.
I used an 8x10 glass from a 
frame. I also found a bag
of glass cut and for sale at
the Hobby, that way I did not
need to buy big pieces of 
glass to cut myself. 
Since I was not sure if I would
like doing this I went with the 
cut bagged glass. 
I glued the glass to 
the frame glass and came
up with an idea on what
I wanted. Let it dry over
night then grouted it.

I know this might surprise a 
lot of you since I do so
much but I have never
grouted. I had to play a bit
to figure that out. 

I let the grout dry and 
applied the frame back to the 
glass piece. 
For my first play around
project, I am loving it.
 
 


I am thinking of doing
a rustic hit and miss
of off white on the black
frame...you know where its
white with black showing
through.


Yep, I sort of like this
type of play!

Check out this light!
The pic does not do 
it justice.
Pretty cool ....

Pam

 




Comments

Your "house" really looks like a wonderful "home" with so many lovely things. Howdy Chey!
Liz A. said…
I grew up in a house where my mother liked to rearrange the furniture about twice a year. We'd come home from school to find things different. So, you talking about rearranging and changing things does not strike me as strange at all. It's good to change things up from time to time, especially if you find something that's going to work better.
Christine said…
Nice little crockpot.
Ann said…
Great idea for the bar behind the couch.
Your stained glass looks really pretty. That's another craft I've never tried.
Jeanie said…
This looks terrific. Loving the new use for the table and it looks well placed (and convenient!) behind the couch. I've never done stained glass but have always admired it. Your piece is lovely.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom