The Blue Book, The 40 Year Book and The Iris Painting

In state government for
Tennessee, the House
and Senate have what
is called a Blue Book.

In 2008, my last yr
with Photo Services, I 
was actually mentioned
in that book. 


Boy did I think I was
special!

But now, I really do
feel special. 

Photographic Services has
put out their own book.
And I got a copy.

My famous GLAMOUR 
SHOT
was put in the book.


Each photographer in the past
and now 
will get a book.
In 40 yrs, 17 photographers. 
I think 500 books were printed.
I do know that the Governor
will give some as gifts to
visitors to the state. 
There are at least two
pics taken by each
photographer.

The cover shot was taken
on the 4th of July, over
the capitol one yr. 
Great job Murray.

When photo services first 
started of course life
and cameras were different!
Shooting with film could 
be a challenge. 
So in our files we have
strips of negatives,
then we went to slides
and of course disc and
other storage when things
went digital. 
Thousands upon 
thousands of images of
Tennessee. 

This is not a great pic
of a painting I did
but many years ago 
when I worked in printing
a photo was pulled
from Photo Services
to be printed on the cover
of the States Budget.

It was a shot done by
Jed. I saw the cover in 
the bindery area as the 
book was being put together.
Grabbed me a copy and contacted
Jed to see if I could paint it.
Funny thing is, I finished the 
paniting shortly before
landing my gig in Photo Services.
Felt that just maybe this
was a sign. HAHA
One I actually noticed.

I took the painting
to my office and it remained there
for the four years I was there.
I sold it to a customer right
before I left PS and moved
to the TBI. 

Feeling like a PC with my
pic in the book for sure.
Have you ever had your
pic in publication?

Pam







Comments

Rhodesia said…
Congratulations, something to be very proud of. Hope you are feeling well. Diane
Marie Smith said…
I never had anything published. Congratulations to you though! Well done.
Ann said…
Well how cool is that.
Christine said…
Beautiful iris painting! Congrats on being mentioned in that book.
Sandee said…
I knew you were famous. Way cool.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Scritches to all the furbabes. ♥
That's really super cool, hooray you!!!
Darla M Sands said…
That is very cool. :)
Liz A. said…
Very cool.
Jeanie said…
This is very cool indeed! Love the photo and wonderful to be included in the book. The iris is pretty, too.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom