Answer Time, and Sedum

     Darla over at
http://darlamsands.blogspot.com/
had several things to say about
my post 
https://pam-lifethroughmyeyes.blogspot.com/2021/09/are-you-southern-ball-game-human.html
Darla, I am not a fan of 
Gelatin salads 
either.
A Coco Cola cake
is a basic chocolate
cake but you add coke to it.
I have eaten this.

https://vcsweets.net/old-fashioned-coca-cola-cake-recipe/

White gravy is gravy
made with milk.
I never put beef in mine but
you can make it up when 
having breakfast and I have
put pieces of sausage in mine. 

Now to get into the 
real question~

What is poke salad?
Well, it is a leave, from 
a WEED, AKA the pokeweed,
proper name is 
Phytolacca americana.
Its poisonous. 
You have to be very
careful when cooking.
I have never eaten this.

Ever hear Elvis sing 
Polk Salad Annie?

https://youtu.be/FOzaVpgeHJg

Now lets discuss Hoppin John...
haha
it is a bean and rice dish.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/72128031521794872/

Have I covered those questions?

Now to move on to another
comment that Darla left
on another post.

"Thank you for aspiring to live and bringing
 your light into the world. It would be darker
 without you. ~hugs~ That painted trio is gorgeous!"

Thank you so much. You are
so sweet.

My sedum is blooming!



Love this stuff. 

Pam











Comments

Ann said…
Love the looks of that sedum
Sandee said…
I love it when you expound on your readers questions. I used to make the best chicken gravy ever. My dad loved my fried chicken and chicken gravy. Neither was good for your, but we didn't know that back then.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Scritches to the furbabes. ♥
Strange, I know I left a comment because Hoppin John has appearing at our place several times!
Rhodesia said…
We have masses of sedum as well at the moment, the bugs love it, perfect for photography. Hope that all is well, Diane
Marie Smith said…
Sedum is so autumny…is that a word?
Liz A. said…
I'd be tempted to try a coco cola cake, but I won't risk the caffeine.
Jeanie said…
I need to get more seedum. It's so low maintenance!
Darla M Sands said…
Thanks for these answers! ~hugs~ I have dragons blood sedum and autumn joy sedum which cross pollinated. :) I'll have to get some pictures on the next sunny day. And I'm with you on anticipating fall leaf colors. Our buckeye tree goes straight from green to brown. Oh, well. Love you, lady. You rock.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom