Jewelry

 For two years now I have been wearing a necklace, non stop. I only had it off when I had my eye surgery and since I was hanging at the house I left it off for about a week. 

This is that necklace. My mom's thumb print. 

On the flip side it has her name, DOB and DOD.

I have TON's of necklaces and if I wear another one, I wear it with this one.

I added another one to my stash the other day. My friend Nancy (Ohio), sent me a late
Christmas gift. 
Its yellow gold, which I do not wear but....I have been wearing it with my other 
one and they are mixing just fine. 
Isn't it pretty.

When I was a teen I wore silver in all my jewelry. Then somewhere
along the line I changed to gold. My engagement/wedding rings were gold.
Everything I bought or got was always gold. Then I started wearing the 
gold in the winter and silver in the summer.....
haha....who knows?
When I went all silver in the hair, I went all silver in the 
jewelry. I had some really nice pieces in gold but there
was not reason to hold on to them so I sold them. 
I really love my silver. I am not a high maintenance woman,
I don't wear brand names and I don't have to have all
my jewelry to be in real silver. I mix and match
my silver with fake silver. 

I have only had one pair of diamond earrings and they
were set in gold. A diamond fell out of one so I took 
the diamond in and the earring to have it fixed. I asked
how much it would cost to put the diamonds in silver and
it was not worth it. But they had another thought, dip my 
yellow gold in silver. Yep, worked for me. I got these diamonds
shortly after my divorce, sort of a divorce gift to myself so that 
means I have been wearing them for .....
almost 29 years. They come out of my ears for cleaning,
and when I have had surgery, other then that, they 
stay put. Not a problem wearing others though, I have
five holes in my ears.

Years ago I took the diamond out of my engagement ring 
and traded it in on my daughters birthstone and cost for
enlarging that ring for Amber. The wedding bands I sold. 

When I was a teen, every (almost) had a ring on it. 
Here is one that I got for Christmas when I was 16.


I think I got this one below when I was about 15. I bought this
with babysitting money. 

Then there was the one that the love of life gave me.
I dated Larry for about three years.

Here are my rings.
Yes, I still wear anywhere between four to six.
I have two on my thumb that I never take off.


My watches, which I never wear anymore and my
bracelets. Before you ask, yes, they are displayed
on a coffee cup holder.

My necklaces that don't get a lot of wear these
days since I am not working.
I made the holder for the necklace with a 16x20 frame,
screen and drape hooks. 

Here are the earrings.
The holder for the earrings is a small cabinet door I picked up at 
Habitat for Humanity store. I paid maybe a buck for it. My thoughts
was to do a painting on it but that did not happen....and the holder did.
I painted it off white and with up upholstery tacks I hung some
black chain from side to side. Works great. 

Both the rack for the necklaces and the earrings hangs behind
my bedroom door. 
How do you store your jewelry?
Pam








Comments

BeachGypsy said…
Yep, I sure do take my dolls "out for walks" ha ha LOL. I'm always telling people that if THAT IS the strangest thing you witness in Charleston, you ain't looking, ha ha LOL!! Believe me, an old lady like me making pictures of dolls is the LEAST unusual thing you might see walking about, ha ha! Anyway, I loved today's post....because I love jewelry! All jewelry, but mostly I just love big fun bright costume jewelry, the cheaper the better, ha ha. I love your PURPLE RING, so pretty and also the thumbprint of your Moms. They never offered anything like that at our funeral home, wish they had, it's very special and something you'll love forever. I would definetly have bought one had it been offered. Looks like you just went by the anniversary of losing your Mom, and I am coming up on mine. I think we lost our Moms the same week didn't we? Within a few days of each other anyway I think, not sure if it was the same year but I think it was. My date is this week and it makes me sad all over again I miss her very very much. I still have that urge sometimes "gotta go call Mommy and see if she saw this!?" when I see or hear something on tv or in a magazine or online etc....then I remember, nope, you can't call her anymore. I loved seeing your jewelry and how you store it too. You make such nice things. And yes, thanks again for the soup recipe, we had left-overs tonight and it was even more delicious!
BeachGypsy said…
PS i wear both gold and silver jewelry and mix it ALLUP HA HA lol and don't care what anybody says. Back in the "old days" I don't think we were supposed to mix it up....these days it's ok I guess but I'd do it anyway. LOL
Ann said…
I have very little jewelry. I have a couple boxes on my dresser that hold everything I have. I pretty much only wear earrings.
Jeanie said…
Your rings are very pretty. And I adore the necklace. I have a necklace I wear constantly and remove only for Xrays and sometimes open lake swimming. The same with my grandmother's wedding and an opal from a trip we took. They're just special. I hardly wear other jewelry anymore except earrings and even those I keep in for days.
Christine said…
Thanks for showing your lovely collection, very well organized. Your pieces have a lot of
Sentimental value.
You sure do have lots of nice bling!
Darla M Sands said…
I stopped wearing any costume jewelry. And I have some pretty (if mostly cheap) pieces. It's rather a shame. I should at least sort an better store them. Right now they're here, there, and everywhere around my bedroom. :P Worse, my gorgeous engagement diamond and wedding band no longer fit. ~sigh~ However, I realized they will stay on my pinky finger (!), so I do wear them on occasion when we go out. Be well!
Sandee said…
You have some very pretty jewelry. I used to wear a lot and now just a wedding band. No earrings or necklaces. Then I quit wearing makeup and then I quit coloring my hair. All that and I'm good in my skin.

Have a fabulous day and week, Pam. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to the furbabes. ♥
Ooh...loving that purple stone ring a lot but it is my birthstone! Hugs and prayers, Cindy
Rhodesia said…
I need a holder like that!!! I love silver, but I cannot wear silver earrings sadly, my ears flare-up within a couple of hours and I have some great silver earrings :-( I also cannot wear while gold and I have a fab pair of white gold earrings as well! Take care and stay safe, Diane
You have a beautiful collection of jewelry. I do love your necklace with your mother's thumbprint. That is really special.
Liz A. said…
My jewelry lives in a drawer, except for the two pairs of stud earrings that I mostly wear to keep my pierced ear holes open. Those live in the bathroom where I usually put them on. I don't wear much jewelry. Earrings. That's about it.
Pilar said…
Lovely jewelry collection Pam! I know that necklace with your mom's thumbprint is very special to you. Have a great week!
Miss Kim said…
Such a lovely collection and very creative ways to display them! xoxo
Red Rose Alley said…
Hi Pam, I can see why you're confused about the move. Yes, I lived in So Calif for eight months, but it was just to help take care of my granddaughter. I never planned on living there forever. So Cal and Northern Cal are two very different areas, and I am originally from Northern Cal, so I just moved back home, only further up north. I will miss the grandkids, but it is only an hour flight, and I will make it a point to see them.

Wow, you have a lot of jewelry. I really like the purple ring, it's pretty. Your mom's thumb print necklace is a treasure, and it keeps you close to her. I wondered how you manage to wear two thumb rings all the time. I don't think I could do that if I was cleaning or doing other things around the house. These days, I just wear bracelets, and I can see you have an assortment of them. : )

~Sheri
Goodness, you do have a large collection of jewellery, thank you for sharing it here.
I like the necklace with your mother's thumbprint, that is different and very special.

Take Care

All the best Jan

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom