Boys, Spoons, and Sal

 The pic below is what happens to a Nana when she lets two boys (brothers) come and stay the day and night with her!!!

Basket Case

At least my boys!

HAHA and here they are. Innocent looking right?
HAHA



Ignore that Dr. Pepper on the table....I do not buy kids cokes, my daughter sent them with that. 
We did some crafts. They painted pumpkins. They made something for their mom to hang at Christmas and paint small birdhouse...
and yes, Braden loves for Nana to paint his face.


Then the boys went out to shoot baskets and I played with my wood burner a bit. If you remember I posted this that I made for Amber as part of her bday gifts.
My thoughts on playing with the wood burner tool was to decorate some wooden spoons to put in there when I give it to Amber. 

This is one side of the spoons.

This is the other side. 


I have not played with that tool in a over a yr so it was time to get it out and play.

Back to the boys....we started the firepit and roasted marshmallows and we grilled out steaks. 

Then we chilled...movies. 
Coloring.
Bed.
It was a rough day for me. The weather had turned off cool so I was hurting more. By up and moving I made that pain worse. So I was not able to enjoy the boys as much as I would have loved to. But I think they enjoyed their time. They are always asking to come visit Nana, only next time, one boy at a time. 

Moving on....still struggling with the death of Sal. But it was made easier by talking with his sister the other day and then the next day his mom called me. We talked a long time and she told me that she had called on Sat. before I found out on Wed. That was one of those numbers I did not know, so I let it go. She did not leave a message cause with my greeting, its really hard to know if you have the correct ME. She said Sal talked about me and him talking and wanting to get together all the time and she thanked me for being his special friend. She hopes that in July on his bday COVID will be better under control and if that is so she wants to have another Celebration of Life for him and I told her I would be there if things were better. She is in her low 80's and I hope that she is able to do that cause she was not able to attend the one they had the other day. It was videoed for her and put on Youtube which I had already found and watched. I just have a hard time excepting this cause Sal was in great shape, full on life, always moving and doing, and met life at 100 miles and hour. That was just Sal. He took life on like he used to race...
FULL SPEED AHEAD. 

The deer painting I did and messed up while sealing it was for Sal. 

I kept telling myself I needed to get that second one done and sent to him. However by the time I would have gotten around to that it would have been sent out, but Sal would never have seen it. There again, another thought I had a long time ago and I put off painting and sending. 
I had the original one on the deck where I placed it after I messed it up. I kept walking past it as a reminder to do, I finally had a throw it out yesterday. It was breaking my heart. 


Thanks for all your special words for me and the loss of Sal. You folks are great. 
Seems like every time I turn around I am losing someone I love or I hold very close.
Laura two yrs ago next week
Mom two yrs in Jan.
Carol just this yr.
Rick three months ago
and now Sal. 
 Up to the lose of Laura I was posting pics and RIP's of actors and stars. 
I am so sorry to any of you that have lost someone dear this yr. We all just have to hang in there.

Pam







Comments

Sandee said…
Kids can be fun can't they. They wear me out though. Great to see them and when they go we can take a nap.

More healing hugs coming your way.

Have a fabulous day and week, Pam. Scritches to the babes. ♥
Darla M Sands said…
You're such a great grandma. ~hugs~ Best wishes, my dear.
It looks like you and the boys all had fun. I think that deer painting is very pretty.
It's great fun spending times with the Grand-kids ...
Lovely pictures and I like the face paint.
We are hoping to see ours next week (half-term week) Covid restrictions permitting.

Thinking of you.

All the best Jan
Liz A. said…
Using a wood burner for wooden spoons never occurred to me. What a great idea.

So sorry about your losses. It's been a hard year.
Ann Thompson said…
You may have been a basket case but it sounds like you had a lot of fun.
I like those spoons
CHERI said…
There is absolutely nothing that can brighten up our day more than time with our grandkids:) So glad you got to spend time with yours...even though they did take a lot of energy:) I know they must love you to pieces because you seem to be a very fun grandma:) I am so sorry you continue to have those "what if" moments about Sal. It's hard not to think like that...and for me always hard not to say "Why?" or "Why me?" Since August I have lost either 9 or 10 people (I've lost count at the moment) that I had a connection with...family, friend, 2 childhood friends of my son, and church family members. It has really been overwhelming. Yesterday I just had to have a meltdown as I heard of the death of a sweet cousin, went to the funeral of a friend, then learned of the death of another friend...all in the same day! I will be so happy to see the end of 2020 and praying 2021 will bring more peace and happiness to us all.
CHERI said…
OOPS! Forgot something! I l-o-v-e your spoons. How creative...and how cute!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom