My Likes and Dislikes of Products

So its Wed. I am not moving
fast at all so I am putting 
a few post in the hopper
to post later for you folks
to read.

Not sure if you have Aldi's
in your part of the word but
I love that store. They normally
don't sale big brand name stuff.
So its a shot in the dark when
you buy things but its a trail 
thing. I like some off brand stuff
but somethings just are not 
as good. 

I found out that this is 
not as good as Cheerio's!

See the source image
(pic from internet)

I bought a box to have just when
I wanted it. I don't eat a lot of cereal
since my surgery. Too sweet, too much
carbs and when you add milk that makes
it way to much sweet for my tummy.
But every so often I want it and I found
if I eat just a little with almond milk I
can handle it.

Anyway, moving on with my story...
NOT AS GOOD. So I had a whole
big box that I would not eat. But I 
will tell you that the birds around
here LOVE it. Esp the cardinals. 
I decided to fill the feeders with this.
I still feed them their regular food
but this is an awesome why to get
rid of this cereal.

Next in line to discuss~
Grandma's stain remover....
CESDes Grandma's Secret Spot Remover and Laundry Spray Bundle for Those Tough Spots
(pic from internet)

Over a year ago I picked up a small
squeeze bottle (like in the pic) at
Hobby Lobby in the material section.
Thought, why not, give it a try. 
OH MY GOSH...I love this stuff.
I am bad at dropping food on my
shirt and leaving stains. I used this
on one of those stains, on a shirt
that had been washed and dried in 
the drier. Thinking it was a shame 
that I ruined a good shirt with
a stain I forgot to treat before 
washing.....But I gave it a try.
The stain came out. 

So off to Amazon to purchase
a big bottle and I got a big bottle
for my friend Theresa cause she
is worse then me about food on 
her shirts. I have used it as I  put 
items in the washer but did not
have as much luck. This stuff needs
to set and work before washing. 
So I will treat my spot and wash
later. I have even treated and did 
not wash that item for a week...
and the stain is gone. 
AMAZON folks. 


Next on my list of talk abouts...
lint catchers for the washer.
They looked so good on a video
I saw. I however am not that
happy with them. 
4 Pieces Lint Catcher for Washing Machine Lint Trap Floating Hair Fur Catcher Laundry Reusable Hair Filter Lint Mesh Bag
(pic from internet)

Animals leave a lot of hair around
so I thought this would work 
for taking some out in the washer.
Yep, it caught some but not that
great. I have gotten where I don't
even use it anymore. 

Next~
Dawn Ultra Dish Detergent Liquid, Original Scent (91451)Image result for pics of bottles of vinegar
(pics from the internet)

These two items together are amazing.
I made a mixture of this
to clean my shower doors. 
Fantastic......
Mix Dawn, vinegar and water. 
Scrub with a dish wand and
rise off. I do this after I shower
once a week.

BUT.....I also used the mixture
on my floors. You do not want
much Dawn in it but it helps with 
the vinegar and water to clean my
floors. 
Floor cleaner 1/4 c white vinegar  1tbsp dawn 1/4 c washing or baking soda Mix with 2 gallons hot water
(pic from the internet)

  1. Place all the ingredients into a bucket 
  2. and mix well until sudsy.
  3. Mop the area with the solution. Rinsing 
  4. is not required, but wiping down with a towel 
  5. afterwards gives a nice clean finish
You can also add a few drops
of essential oils for a nice 
smell. Lemon or orange....
oh yeah!

Moving on....
DAWN is amazing stuff.
You know that use this to 
take oil from ducks and 
wildlife. Well a couple
months ago when Chey
got SKUNKED. I read this
was great for removing the 
smell.

DIY skunk smell removal -De-Skunking Shampoo     1quart hydrogen peroxide  1 Tablespoon baking soda  1Tablespoon Dawn dish detergent  2 quarts warm water.  Suds up and leave on pet's fur at least five minutes. Rinse thoroughly with water. Repeat if necessary. Follow-up with De-Skunking Rinse of a mixed solution of 9 parts water to 1 part white vinegar. Rinse the pet with this solution.
(pic from the internet)

YES IT WAS....

The De-Skunk Recipe is:

1 qt of hydrogen peroxide (the fresher the better) 

2 tablespoons of Dawn dish soap 

3. about ¼ cup of baking soda. 


Those of you that don't 
follow the furs blog will
not know about Chey
getting skunked or the 
fact that I mixed this 
up, threw her in the 
shower and got in with
her to bath her...she was
not happy. Matter of fact
she will not go out after dark
now. Freaks her out.

One last item~
I love this soap.



I was paying seven
bucks a bar for homemade
oatmeal soap. Then one day
in Dollar Tree I spotted this.
The smell is great. The soap 
is great and it last a long time.
They also have other scents 
but this is my fave. 
The Lavender is nice to take
a bath in before bed time.
Picture of Yardley London Naturally Moisturizing Bar Soap - English Lavender 4.25 oz

These are the scents I have
not used. 

 
However I think I would
love the cocoa butter and
the shea buttermilk.


(pics from internet)
Here is your thought for
the day....
soulmates-twinflames:  “ Laughter is your soul dancing.  www.relationshipsreality.com  ”
(pic from internet)
Be sure and laugh today!
Pam


Comments

Such an interesting bunch of products and yes, Dawn is a really amazing thing!
Sandee said…
Knew about cleaning the shower doors, but I just ordered the spot remover. Thanks. I love Amazon.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥
Christine said…
My sis in law swears by Dawn. And Yardley has been around forever it must be good.
Ann Thompson said…
Dawn is an amazing product. I've used that mixture on a skunked dog before. It works well.
Liz A. said…
I love Aldi's chocolate cake. Yes, they have some good stuff, but the closest one is a bit of a drive, so I don't get there that often.
CHERI said…
So many good ideas in this post! I am going to add that Stain Remover to my Amazon Wish List for my next order...my husband is TERRIBLE about staining his clothes. It's like dirt sees him and just attacks!!!! Isn't VINEGAR amazing? I've read articles about all the MANY things it can be used for...even is a good weed killer, but don't get it on your grass or plants! We don't have an Aldi's anywhere around or at least I've never heard of it. I like this idea for a post. I might have to "borrow" it from you. With all this isolation business I haven't had much to write about. There are certainly products I've tried and loved and also some I've hated. But as my husband often tells me, "you won't know until you try". Stay safe!
Pilar said…
Dawn is an essential in my house! It works so well! Baking soda is another great item to keep in the house!
MadSnapper said…
thanks for the link, losts of good stuff here. I use the vinegar, dawn and water to clean my glass nook, sliding glass doors and other glass stuff. I use oxyclean for stains, make a paste with water rub on and wait and the stail goes away. i gave my off brand cheery oats to the squirrels and birds too. i need name brand for cereal
Rose said…
This is a great post...SAndra sent me. I will be trying some of these things.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom