Legend Lives On and Cakes

 Ann over at https://annssnapeditscrap.blogspot.com/ did her blog on an order form that she works with when folks order cakes and the mistake on that form. Apparently no one did any proof reading when that form was set to print and according to Ann that form has been used for 15 yrs or so. 

That made me think back on some funny things I located in the office two weeks ago. I went in to work on July's billing only to have issues with the program. Waiting for the dude from OIR come and fix my program I started cleaning out files. As a government agencies we are required to hold seven yrs worth of files. These files went back to 2005. YIKES....time for a clean up. 

Going through these files in the office alone, I am finding all sorts of things that make me laugh and all sorts of things with my signature all across them. Sort like a legend that hangs on!! haha!!!!Well this clean up will also take out the yrs that I was there including my last yr 2008. The things that I am holding on to are the old calendars that we kept shoots in. That was before we had our calendar on the computer. 

That helped me to be able to go into the 2004 calendar, the yr I moved from printing to Photo Services. By looking through that I was able to track down when I first started with PS. I knew it was 2004 but could not remember the month or day. My first entry on the calendar was April 14, 2004. I prob started the first of the month. 

Yep, made me smile to locate this stuff. Working in PS was a great time for me. I stayed four years and only left cause I wanted to move up a tad with better pay. But I loved what I did in PS. 

Anyway....no pics for this story cause I wiped them off my phone thinking I would not blog about it but then Ann made me think that would give me a good story!!

Moving on ~

James and Julie wanted to have a big blow out. A party for Julie's bday and a party for their 25th anniversary. I made them a cake. I was planning on going and keeping my distance with my mask on but I was not feeling well so I took the cake and dropped it off and came home. 

A pineapple blueberry cake.

Image may contain: dessert and food

One night a few weeks ago I was wanting to bake. I had a yellow cake mix and thought to myself that I wanted an apricot nectar cake but usually when I want one of them I have to think ahead so that I pick up the apricot nectar. So that cake was out, but then I remembered that I had pineapple juice in the fridg and I knew I would not drink all that. I pulled out my cake mix and read that it called for three eggs, 1/3 cup of oil and a cup of water. I decided to replace the water with pineapple juice. So that is what I did. I mixed it with the mixer then it hit me, why not add some  of those frozen blueberries in the freezer. I just threw in a cup or so and folded them into the mix! The only problem is that the blueberries went all to the bottom. Only I dove into it I realized that was okay too cause it made the blueberries like the crust of the cake. Once it was cooked I mixed up some powdered sugar in with some pineapple juice for a glaze and poured it over the cake.....OH MY GOSH! Amazing and moist. 

I made the one above for the party. Made the same as above only I did make up a small bit of icing with shortening, powdered sugar and pineapple juice to top the top and run down the side. Last step, add blueberries!

I understand it was a hit and I got a text this morning that James was having a piece for breakfast. I also had a small heart pan that I made another layer to top the cake, however upon moving it, I broke it. So I just put on a plate and would take a sample or two here and there. When Amber and the fam showed up Amber wanted to know what it was and started eating on it. There was some left that I sent home with her cause she liked it so well.  I like it so much that I am going to have to make it a point to not make often. I will end up looking like the side of a barn if I make this too often.

Now I am thinking maybe an orange flavored cake with orange juice? Or a choc cake and maybe add some strawberry jam you make strawberry short cakes with? Wonder how that would work? Cover with Choc icing and some strawberries. I have made a pumpkin cake with a yellow cake mix, pumpkin pie filling and spices. I topped it with a little orange juice and powdered sugar poured over the top. Hey, apple cake with apple juice...haha. And if I surf PINTEREST I bet I would find all these on there!

BAKE ON folks....


Bakers gonna bake! cake monkey bakery | los angeles #beardybaker #cakequotes #quotesaboutcake #cakeinspiration #bakersgonnabake #eatcake

Pam

Comments

That was a good story! Dang, I'm hungry now, where's the cake?!?!
Christine said…
Your cake looks good!
BeachGypsy said…
well now I'm in a cake baking mood, LOl! You are sure creative with your cakes, that is neat! I'm like that with my cooking....never follow recipes 100%---always add a little of this and a little of that and a dab of this here..........ha ha. Will you please send me your email, i dont see it on your info page, i wanted to send you something privately, thanks!
Ann said…
I clean things out pretty regularly at work but if I didn't I can only imagine the things I would find.
That cake looks really good. Great idea using the pineapple juice.
Well a slice of that cake would be good with my coffee this morning. But, I ate two of the homemade Brown sugar chewy cookies I made yesterday and my mercy! Glad I only had two! LOL! hugs and blessings, Cindy
Darla M Sands said…
You have sooo many talents. It blows my mind. :) Be well, my dear.
Sandee said…
I'm coming over to your house for cake. Yummy.

Have a fabulous day. ♥
Liz A. said…
Experimenting is fun, isn't it?

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom