Surgery and Day After

Hello everyone ~

Surgery went well. 
Was taken back earlier then
expected. Surgery was about
an hour long. 

I have to say that it was strange
to be awake during surgery
and to talk to my docs during!

But I am getting ahead of
myself. Here is am all
dolled up for surgery.


Image may contain: one or more people

Check out the colors...
red hair covering,
blue mask and a 
purple gown.

But it did not stop there....
YELLOW SOCKS!

Image may contain: indoor

Styling in all colors!

So there are some in 
between pics my daughter
took, I will have to get her
to send those. 

But for now let me show you
this mornings pic.

Image may contain: one or more people and closeup

And this afternoon's pic,
24 hours after surgery. 

Image may contain: one or more people and closeup

For anyone that is considering
this surgery I want to walk 
you through it so you will understand.

Dr. Mawn is my reg eye
surgeon and she had another
doc working with her. Vanderbilt
is a training hospital so Dr Dempsy
was the doc in training. Dr. Mawn
did my left eye ( the worst one) 
and Dr. Dempsy the right.

First, I normally look things
up on the internet and read
about it first. I did NOT do
that this time. I had NO clue
what was coming. 

Shocked that for eye surgery
you have to STRIP down to
nothing other then the gown. 
IV of course, heart monitor 
also, BP and oxygen thing
on the finger.

Wheeled back to surgery...
AWAKE! Waited while they
hooked me all up which 
consisted of straps to keep
me from moving. The doc
marked my lids for the amount
of skin to remove. Then when 
all was ready they shot the knock
out juice in the IV. I went out...
and then I was a wake. You are 
only knocked out for about
10 mins. In this time they shoot
your face, forehead, eyes and whatever
with numb meds and scrubbed the
whole face with that orange cleaning
stuff. 

They began by telling me to keep
my eyes closed and let them know
if I felt any pain. I felt pressure a 
time or two, no pain. Once the cutting 
and removing was done I had to 
open my eyes so they could 
decided if they were evenly done
and if they needed to do more.
All was good so they stitched
me up. Cleaned my face and 
off to recovery I went. 

I was not nervous or scared
through any of it. I felt
no pain while the numb meds
wore off. I took Tylenol once
I got home. I rode home with
ice on my eyes, and ice when 
I got home till I decided to go
to bed. Slept well. 

Of course, once again 
this was how I looked
when I woke.

Image may contain: one or more people and closeup

My daughter took me to the
hospital. Her hubs had to be at
a place just 20 mins from my house
to sign some papers, so him, and 
my three grands went and did that.
Then they came to my house, I left
a key for them to get in. They
were all here when I got home.
Then shortly after that he had to
be in a a driving class so Amber
took him and Caleb and the other
two boys stayed with me. 

I have this habit of never wanting
to put anyone out so I tend to not
let folks know that I have to have
someone with me after surgery but
the Dr. told Amber I did. Her and
the family stayed with me last
night and since Will had to be 
in another class today, they 
all stayed with me till about 2:30.

Thanks to them for the help and 
for being with me. Although Lily
is GLAD they are gone!

Will keep you all posted
on the recovery and include
pics as I go.

Thanks,
Pam




Comments

Sandee said…
It takes a bit for the swelling to go down, but you'll love it after it heals up some. Each day it gets better and better. Good for you.

Have a fabulous day. ♥
I'm glad all went well and you'll be all set in no time now!
Christine said…
So brave!
Rhodesia said…
I am sure that the end result will all be worthwhile. Take care Diane
BeachGypsy said…
Howdy there girlfriend, how are you feeling today? Hopefully even better, sounds like you DID GREAT on the first day. Wow, you are so brave!! I think you are going to get the results you hope for, yes I do! So glad this surgery is done with and now you can rest a heal up. Take care of yourself and let us know how you're doing ok. Hugs!
Rain said…
Wow Pam, good luck with your recovery! I probably would have flipped out a little bit being awake!!
Ann said…
Glad to hear all went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery
Jeanie said…
Sounds like a success -- I'm glad it went so well!
I always request yellow socks at the hospital!
You are very brave. Hope you are happy with your results.
Red Rose Alley said…
Oh Pam, I didn't know you were having surgery. I hope you have a quick recovery. Take care and get well, my friend. Sending comforting thoughts to you this evening.

~Sheri
Sally said…
Whoa, girl. You went through a lot! I hope the healing has been exactly as you wish it to be. xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom