Card, Replies to Comments, Hair and Visitation

I have some of the sweetest
friends. The card below
came from Rebecca, my friend
and the realtor that sold my home.

No photo description available.

There was the nicest note
inside about how she thanked
me for having her sell my home.
Rebecca has only been selling homes
for a few months. She even included
a $50 Lowe's gift card. 
How sweet was that?

In my post the other day
about the Print Company 
changed Shear City for 
mentioned that the place 
sure looked nice and 
wondered what it looked
like before....
NOT LIKE THAT!!
It was a small family owned
printing company. Can't even 
remember the man who owned
its name. There was the owner,
man who went out to pull in 
customers, a pressman, and 
me and another young woman
that worked bindery. I only worked
there one summer. However when 
school started back I was in the 10th
and I took Graphic Arts (printing) 
which lead to my printing background. 

stated that she was hoping I was
okay from my few days of dropping
away from blogging. Thanks Liz, just
trying to learn to walk away from it 
some and try to get somethings done.
Plus, the internet issue which is not
completely internet, its an AT&T issue. 
You also asked if I told my hair dresser
about the building she now works out
of. Oh yes, when she told me months ago
that she was going there to work I 
told her.  I wished I was into my camera
back then so that I could have had 
some pictures of the place before.

mentioned my new yard art mower. 
HAHA...yep, its yard art cause I 
sure am NOT using it on my yard
esp in the heat of the summer, on 
a hill in a large yard!! Its bad enough
thinking about doing it as a kid without
a self pulling mower I use now. 

stated that she would probably
hang her undies up if they were
as pretty as the one I showed
on my blog from the internet.
Hey Cindy, granny panties here!
And as far as those tiny little
thongs, NO WAY! Spent all
my life trying to keep my undies
out of my crack, sure don't want
any that is made to be that way!!
I know TMI....TMI...

Darla over
made me laugh out loud with
her comment about me shooting
the wedding of my ex boy friend
and his new wife. She said I was
classy for doing that!! I told her
I could never remember a time
I was told I was classy!! I am 
pretty lucky with ex's, I have 
remained friendly with all the
guys I dated before marriage
and after, except one and 
that was his choice and it
is probably for the best. And
my ex hubs. We could have
been friends for the kids but
he married a WITCH with 
a B. Hey, classy, I like that!
Back stabbing, and that
one caused so much stress,
heartache and pain in my
life that I am thankful to 
not have either my ex hubs
or her in my life now. 

So Nashville is in phase three
of opening back up so with
that I have done a small
gathering with Julie,
Debby and Autumn for
a brown bag lunch. 
Image may contain: 4 people, including Julie Tucker, Pam Montgomery Jackson and Debby Hill

I came in from work riding
with the windows down 
and the sunroof open so
the hair took a beating.
Oh my gosh, it looks so
FLAT.

The next day I went
to a visitation for 
a young man I have
known since his birth. 
I did not want the flat
look so here it the results
of blow drying and styling.


Image may contain: Pam Montgomery Jackson, selfie and closeup

Image may contain: Pam Montgomery Jackson, sitting and sunglasses

Back to the young man, 
Matt. He was exactly one
year and one day older
then my daughter, Turned
40 in Dec. He was basically
raised by his grandma and 
granddad, father in the pic,
mom not so much. Mom
and his grandma were good 
friends.My daughter played 
with him a kid and went to
school with him
Anyway, Matt somewhere
along the journey of life
got into drugs and drinking.
One day last week, his dad
was coming to pick him up
and when he got to the house
he found him dead. OD'd 
with the syringe next to him. 
My heart hurts for him. I can't
understand what makes a person
even try it just once. I don't get
it. We all have issues, we all 
have ghost and demons that 
eat at us. What makes a person 
think that drink or drugs can take
you away from all that? The yr
I had after moms
passing I could have become
a bad drunk or druggie, my
yr was the pits. What made
me fight it differently? Anyway,
my daughter took off work
early and picked me up and we
went together. 

It was sad for Matt, the family,
and for me. Matt's grandma was
gone, she left us a couple yrs
before mom. This was something
mom and I did together, visitations.
I would have drove her to this one,
I drove her to his grandmas visitation.
We always paid our respects together.
I know it sounds strange but I 
missed her with me. 

And he is your
laugh for the day~

COVID-19  2020

Pam







Comments

Those were interesting answers to read. That's very sad about Matt and we send hugs and prayers to his family.
Sandee said…
How sad about Matt. This happens to often. Prayers for his family and friends.

I had to laugh about the exes. I don't associate with any, but don't have any angst against them either. I'm where I need to be and with who I need to be with.

Have a fabulous day, Pam. Scritches to the babes. ♥
Darla M Sands said…
How sad he lost his struggle. We lose so many good people that way. ~sigh~ As for missing your mom at the funeral visitation, that's not strange at all. I find it touching. ~hugs~ Your hair looks cute even 'flat'. ~nods~ Be well!
Ann Thompson said…
I'm still laughing about your reply to the underwear comment
Christine said…
Sad about the overdose. You hair looks fantastic!
So sad to read about Matt.

I think your hair looks good.

Take Care

All the best Jan
CHERI said…
I am so sorry for the loss of your friend...so sad and such a waste of a young life. Like you, I have never understood the desire to even try drugs. I pray over my teenage grandchildren every day that they will make good choices in life...plus I tell them every chance I get!!!!! Well, I have to say that picture of you in the sunglasses definitely does make you look CLASSY!!!! And I'm with you on the thongs...no way, no how, no thank you...just plain nasty!!! I don't wear Granny Panties though even if I am a granny:) Have a great weekend...and thanks for always making me smile or laugh:)
Liz A. said…
So sorry to hear about Matt.
Jeanie said…
So very sad when a relatively young life ends and in this way. I feel extra sad for his family, too. It was good of you to attend the service.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom