Out of Business- CLOSED, Washing Hands

The Pandemic/ Virus, COVID19,
Corona has turned our
world upside down for sure.
Just the other day I learned
that the IHOP,

Image may contain: house, sky and outdoor

and few doors down the Steak and Shake
have shut their doors, closed, out
of business. 

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

Then just a few mins down
the road from me, also up
the street from the 
other two, the Japanese
Buffet has closed.

Image may contain: car, sky, tree and outdoor

Not be ugly but the closing of the Koi
needed to take place long before
the virus....matter of fact as nasty
as it was I am surprised the virus
did not start there!!
Not a big loss for me. 
However, this building
has been around for awhile.
In the mid to late 70's this was
built as a skating ring. I spent
many a Friday night there skating.
Went shake rings went the way
of change it became a local
rent a booth and sell things sort
of place. I went once. It became
the local jewelry store then 
this buffet. Somewhere between all
that it set empty for a time. 

The Waffle House, been there
about four maybe five years,
just around the corner is also 
now gone, closed....good bye. 

Yet....homes in the Nashville 
area are still selling like HOT
CAKES. I really thought once the 
virus introduced itself to the 
world home sells would stop,
esp since that was the time I
was putting mine up for sale.
NO....contract in 3 days. 
Maybe life is changing 
as far as my luck....
guess I will just have to wait
and see. 

Image may contain: text that says 'wash your hands!'

Pam



Comments

Sandee said…
Some things thrive in this uncertainty and others don't. It's a shame when businesses got out of business though. Home sales are through the roof here too.

Have a fabulous day and weekend, Pam. Scritches to the babes. ♥
Brenda said…
My favorite Steak and Shake-I love the grilled cheese and fries-closed before the virus. They were closing all over the country evidently. I have one close to the house...love their little salads also...I bet there will be tons closing since the virus also. Their prices are so great....
That's a lot of closures and it's very sad, except for the Koi place, sounds like it wasn't very clean.
We are going through some sad times and things will never be the same. I feel so bad for all the companies that are going out of business. Praying things get better soon.
Christine said…
Interesting (and sad) these closures and yet real estate is fine...
Liz A. said…
Gone for good? That's really sad.
Ann said…
It's sad how many businesses will close their doors forever because of this.
Betsy said…
Home building is healthy here. Some new neighborhoods and new places to shop being built where are the people coming from?
What hasn't been closed here has been torn down by rioters. I don't know.
Terrible situation.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom