Special Fur Babe Blog on this Blog Today

HaPpY bIrThDaY Lily Bit

YES....today 3 yrs ago
this little fur babe came
into the world.

No photo description available.
I did not get Lily Bit 
until June, she was 12
weeks old.

For those that don't
know the story, Dakota
went to my moms home
every week day on my
way to work. And I picked
him up every evening.
When I retired, he became a 
grumpy old man.
Mom kept telling me he
needed a pet. 
I did not want another dog,
not with my health and
the care they take, so
I decided on a kitten.

I was in touch with a rescue
group that trapped feral cats
to have them fixed.

There was a Tortie that 
was caught and was going
to the vet the next day
to be fixed. 
That night she gave birth.
She had two females and 
three males. 
Babes were fostered with 
dogs. 
Exactly what I was looking
for.
The lady was sitting up at
Pet Smart one Sat.
So I was there!!
She was taking the babes
out of carriers and putting 
them in a bigger cage like
area. I walked up and this
little thing ran to that corner
of the cage to greet me.

Image may contain: cat

The lady handed me another 
female, a pewter blue gray
color. Beautiful. But I could 
not stop looking at this girl.
I was told that a cat would 
pick me, I would not pick
a cat.I felt this girl picked
me. She is the one I took 
home.
WHO COULD WALK AWAY

FROM THAT FACE????


As pretty as she was as 
a kitten, she grew to 
be just as beautiful.

Image may contain: cat and indoor

Here are a few shots taken
during her first month at
our home.


Image may contain: cat and indoor


Image may contain: dog

No photo description available.

Dakota took to his
"pet" better then I 
ever thought was possible.
He used to chase cats that
came in the yard but he 
fell for this little ball of
fur. And she for him.

This next pic was taken 
in late summer of 2018.
They were the best of friends.

No photo description available.

We miss and love you 
Kota Bug. Happy 3rd Bday
Lily Bit. 

Pam

Comments

Sandee said…
♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
♪♫Happy Birthday Dear Lily Bit,♪♫
♪♫Happy Birthday to you.♪♫
Sally said…
Happy Birthday, Lily!

I didn't know that Dakota was gone. I'm sorry to not be 'up' on everything, Pam.

xoxo
Ann said…
Happy Birthday Lily Bit. You were irrisistable in that picture looking up out of the cage.
Liz A. said…
Happy birthday, Lily.
Yep, you were the chosen one fur sure. Happy Birthday sweet Lily Bit!
Christine said…
Happy Birthday cutie!
Darla M Sands said…
We all miss you, Dakota. And Happy Birthday, Lily! Now, excuse me but I have something in my eyes and need a tissue. :) Be well!
Jeanie said…
A happy birthday to Lily Bit. I'm so glad you have another sweet living thing to be with. She is simply adorable.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom