The Project and BBQ


Morning Bloggers~

The last two days I have been
working on a project for the
new house.

The pic below is my mom's dresser.
I am not a fan of the decorative work on 
the front. As you can tell by one of the 
drawers on top of the dresser that is also
carries that design. 

Image may contain: indoor

On the left hand side I remove the middle drawer
base. I removed all the drawer runners and 
I placed pieces of plywood over the drawer frame
to reinforce it. 

The center section of the dresser opens and there
are 3 smaller drawers in that. I removed the 
door to show the drawers.

I got some tongue and groove wood to
put on top of the dresser. Stained them,
I still need to seal that so spills will not 
hurt the top.

Image may contain: indoor

In the pic below you can see where I removed
the one drawer section on the left. That way I 
can store taller appliances in there. I have applied
primer to the dresser. Still need to finish that up
since I need to raise the piece and paint the bottom
so not to get on the floor. In the pic below you can
also see the drawers.

Image may contain: indoor

On the sides of the pieces I added bead board and
trim around that.

Image may contain: indoor

Was working on the other side when my
drill bit broke so I did not get it finished.
I also plan on getting the backside done also
mainly just to have the piece finished up but
also if I decide to open up that wall the piece 
will be finished. 

Image may contain: indoor

I still have to make doors for the two
open sides where the drawers used to be.
I plan on leaving the smaller drawers open.

Moms kitchen is small. I don't know how
she cooked for a family of five with so
little cabinet and counter space. This piece
I am working on will help with that. 

I made several mistakes in pulling this
together that cost me time and money.
First mistake was to think that ALONE,
with only two hands and a crappy 
body I could apply legs to this piece.
HAHAHA.....

Yep, well that is not happening.
I tried twice, two different type
of legs but having to flip it on 
its side to do this I would break
them off once I tired to set it back
up correctly. I was only putting 
4 inches to the height to bring it 
up to the height of the cabinets but
I can live without it. 

Today, Presidents Day, I am off.
I will not be working on the piece
above today. I need to get some 
boxes moved. I have also been packing
more so I have things already ready 
to move today. 

On top of cleaning, packing and 
working on my kitchen piece I
cooked. WHAT? I know, right?

I threw chicken in the crockpot
for the dogs. Although I have been
cooking that in the Instant Pot I 
feel that it is really tastier and 
more tender in the crock.

While that was cooking I 
prepared a pork loin for the 
Instant Pot.

Image may contain: food

And last night after working at the 
other house I stopped and picked up
coleslaw to make. I finally got around
to eating at seven last night.

Image may contain: food

But it was good. 

Now, I need to consider getting up
off this aching body and getting busy. 
OUCH, YUCK, DARN.....MOVE...


Pam





Comments

You sure are doing amazing with that project, very impressive indeed!
Sandee said…
You'll get that dresser the way you want it and soon. I know you will.

Oh the dinner looks mighty good. Yummy.

Have a fabulous day and week. Enjoy your extra day off. ♥
Darla M Sands said…
Oh, take care. ~hugs~ You're amazing. Yesterday I felt accomplished for having replaced a lamp shade. Ha!
Christine said…
nice work on the dresser so far!
wisps of words said…
A lot of work, but you are making a *useless*-to-you piece, into a useful one, for you!!!! Hooray!

Rest today, I hope.........
Rhodesia said…
I love it as it is !! Have a good week, Diane
Liz A. said…
Dresser looks good. I agree, those embellishments on the front had to go. You get a lot done, more than most people would even try to attempt. I hope you enjoy some of your day off today.
Ann said…
That old dresser looks amazing. Can't wait to see it when it's totally finished.
You do so well with your projects.
Have an enjoyable extra day off, and a good week too.

All the best Jan
Debbie said…
you are a work horse...the dresser looks great!!!
Jeanie said…
That's quite a project and looks so different. Probably the decorative trim wouldn't look so dated if painted white like the beadboard but I know it will be lovely!
Betsy said…
I like this dresser. A project you are moving right along with. Looks so good!
At least you are tackling a project! I have several and just can't get my "Want too" going! That pork looks delicious! I don't cook in my instant pot enough! It is so big and I do not keep it on the counter so that means I have to pull it out from my cabinets when I want to use it. I do like it and really need to use it more. However, I am the crock pot queen! Love cooking with it. But, it's in my cabinets too but doesn't seem to be as bulky. Hope your day is good. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Pilar said…
I know you'll do a great job with the dresser Pam. Also Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom