Childhood Home and Memories

Moving is coming along slow.
I have carried box after box....
after box,
but with that said, I am 
packing in small boxes
to keep me from over doing things. 

He is a side shot of my 
childhood home.
I will need to clean the sidings.
 Told mom
I would do that for her a couple
 of years ago
but she said it could wait. 
They have cleaner that
has a screw on place 
attached to the top of the 
container. You screw your 
hose to that and 
the cleaner and water mix 
together to clean. 
I used it on my house and 
it works great. 
If it will not shoot this high
 then I will just
have to climb out the 
window to clean
with a brush and suds!

Image may contain: house, tree and outdoor

Did I get your attention with that one?
HAHA....
NOPE, the hose will shoot
pretty high so I think I am good. 

I am shooting from the 
backyard over
the fence, a fence that was not 
there when
we moved in. You see we 
moved in 
when the house was brand
 new, I was
six, and the driveway 
was gravel. 
There was a sliding 
glass door
 where the french doors are now.
Oh...and the house did not 
have siding on 
it. It was wood then.  Any of 
you doing the
math on this let me help you, 
I just turned
60 so that was 54 yrs ago. 
I left home at
20, so I have not lived here 
(except for that
three months last yr) in 40 
yrs. The brick
wall there was concrete, 
but they have
been painted as long as 
I can remember.

My brother was building a house
many years ago and 
he had this set
of french doors left 
over so mom had
the sliding doors 
removed and these
added. Notice I put my
 welcome sign
out already.

Image may contain: shoes and outdoor

Shot of the garage looking in.
 The plastic
shelves on the left 
were mom's. Thank
goodness we did not get
 rid of those before
this sale came about, I 
can use them and 
they will really come in 
handy. All that
on the right was moms 
also. That BIG 
file cabinet makes great
 storage. Mom
had material in them along 
with winter
and or summer sheets when
 not being used.
The white cabinet she stored
 pots and 
appliances in there that 
did not get
used often. Not much
 storage or
counter space in the 
kitchen...hence
the reason for my revamping
 the dresser.

Image may contain: shoes and outdoor

When step up in the
 back of the garage, 
there is actually enough
 room for another
car and Dad made ramps 
for the purpose
of storing his boat back 
there. There is 
a big tool bench back
 there also that
Dad built. But once
 back there, if
you take a left you go
 into the basement
area which is under
 the kitchen and 
dining room. Washer 
and drier is 
back there also. 
Awesome storage
under the stairs and
 also under the 
porch out front from here in the 
basement. I did take pics of the 
basement area, but it still has a lot 
of OTHER peoples
 stuff stored there
for now so I am not 
posting that. 

Growing up this garage 
was spotless!!!
There were not plastic shelves or 
file cabinets and although a car
still fits with that stuff 
on the side, 
it was all clear then for 
moms car.
With the added ramps 
that dad made
we were able as kids 
to ride our bikes
in the garage, up the
 ramps and back
into the basement 
when the temps 
were cold. 

As we grew and got older we also
had a ping pong table in the
garage section. It would fold
up and push to the side for a car
to come in but mom would 
take the car out for us to play 
a game or two. On the wall of the
garage we always had a dart board!

These memories are part of the 
reason that I feel so at peace
with this move. Although I have
not lived there in 40 yrs, I was
there so much that I should have
been living there!! haha....

Thanks mom for the memories.
Pam
 "remembering You" Memorial Stone With Ivy Grey




Comments

You'll be all settled in before you know it!
Christine said…
It is wonderful that you could move into this special home.
Ann said…
Moving back into your moms house will stir up lots of childhood memories I bet. I would love to have a garage.
Debbie said…
you have such a great memory!! you are moving in to your mom's/your old childhood home, i think i finally "got" it!!

my mom still lives in the house i grew up in!!
Sandee said…
I think you'll be very happy in your childhood home. You seem pretty jazzed about the move. Good for you.

Have a fabulous day. ♥
Liz A. said…
Getting everything moved and prepped will take a while. It's good to have projects...
Jeanie said…
You are making such great progress. Well done -- that's hard work and a lot of it and I admire your energy!
Julie Tucker said…
Pam, I am so excited that you are returning home. This house is just GREAT!!! I'm already thinking about the parties, laughter,fun, pets, people and life that will also return to this amazing home. I know it's a lot of work, but it is going to be so worth it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom