Veterans Day / Paint and Painting

Recently when going through papers
at moms I found my dad's service
record and papers. 

Thank you for your service
Dad. Dad joined the Navy at 
a very young age, when
there was not a age restriction.
I was told that Dad joined
at 14. Ran away from home and
joined. I did not check the 
enlistment date to be sure before
giving them to my brother but
I do know it was between 14
and 16. 

Image may contain: 2 people

Thank you to all the 
Vets out there. 

The barn where Misfire stays is
on the property of a guy I used
to date. We remained friends.
His new girlfriend and I have 
been talking about needing
to paint the barn before putting
the word out to get more folks
there. The talk also came up that
we could do outside each stall
a different color. I have been waiting
for the inside to be pressure washed 
and some wood replaced but I 
personally got tired of waiting so
I asked Chris if he cared if I painted
Misfires a certain color. He did not care.

This is a shot of the colors
it took to get the color I wanted.

No photo description available.

Pretty cool....

Here is a shot of the barn
before we started painting. 

Image may contain: outdoor

No photo description available.

Renee thought that maybe
we should paint all the doors
the color I brought over and the 
rest the stain color she picked out.

It's bold.
And yes, my color choice
was PURPLE!

No photo description available.

And colorful. 
But it looks so much
cleaner and bright.

No photo description available.

The top portion will also be the stain
color. The above door had a big hook
on it but I could not get it off so I painted
around it. The renter at Chris other house
came down and took it off, so I 
will have to go back and paint that
white spot. I have 4.5 doors to go!
I am also going to purchase 
new hooks for the doors. 

I will do more painting
in the morning when I go let
Misfire out in the morning. 








Comments

We like the purple door!!! Thank you Veterans, we appreciate you.
Christine said…
Great work on the barn so far! Didn't think you could join the army so young!
Sandee said…
What a great shot of your dad.

I'm guessing that Misfire is most happy with the new digs.

Have a fabulous day and Veteran's Day, Pam. ♥
wisps of words said…
Remember....

Cool color....

😊🔥😊
Liz A. said…
Are you going to paint Misfire's name on the door? Or a mural or something? That opens up so many possibilities...
Darla M Sands said…
I so appreciate the services of folks like your father. ~nods~ And your hard work in all areas much make him proud in the afterlife. ~hugs~ Be well, my dear.
Ann said…
That made a huge difference painting the stalls.
A big thank you to your dad for his service.
Jeanie said…
Oh, how wonderful to find your dad's service material. That's beautiful and very special. And I adore Misfire's door!
A thank you to your dad, and all others, for their service.

I think the purple door looks fine :)

All the best Jan

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom