Magazine Signing / Soup / Allergy Meds

Last Sunday, Oct 6th, I instructed
on a paint class.
I love doing this but
due to space I have
to conduct as a traveling
instructor, someone host and 
I come to their house to 
teach their friends.

However upon getting there
to teach Julie had several
Life Between the Lakes
magazine laid out for me
to sign!!
HAHA...oh she is a mess.
Everyone got a copy.

Image may contain: Pam Montgomery Jackson, smiling, sitting

Yikes and this was
a no makeup day.

Image may contain: one or more people and people sitting

Image may contain: one or more people

I was asked in a post what
lakes we laid between and just
now realized I never answered.
I think Ms. Sassy from 
Wisp of Words asked that
question..
We lay between Percy Priest Lake
and Damn, and Old Hickory
Lake and Damn. 


Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling

I am blogging to you
on Sat, Oct 12 but I am saving
several blogs along the way
so it might be a few days later
when I post.

Assisted in a wedding Friday.
Then I headed home and since
our temps were going to drop, I 
made soup.

Image may contain: food

Can't wait till I eat some
this evening after I finish
up assisting in another 
wedding. 
Right now at 8:55 am its 47.
At wedding time it is to be
60!
YAY,,,,my  time of yr!!
Brrrrr!

So...I told you I went to 
another dermo doc.
WOW....
that did not turn out
so well.
She had me taking Zyrtec
at night.
And Claritin (2 pills- total
20mg) in the morning.

I took the Zyrtec Wed. evening
before bed. 
I was down in no time
at all.
I slept from about 10pm
Wed night till 2:30 Thursday
afternoon. I had waken several 
times when the dogs let me 
know they needed to go out.
I woke at 2:30 cause Dakota
let me know it was dinner time.
I stayed up about 45 mins.
Then I was down again.
I woke at 5:50, got dressed
went to feed and stayed
up till around 8:30. 
I slept all night and it was
not until yesterday afternoon
that my head started to feel right.

Upon questioning on FB I 
learned that it makes 
other sleepy and others
it does not. I did some reading
and found that part of the issue
might have been that I take
Gabapentin. They apparently
can not act well together.
Plus, I suffer with chronic fatigue. 
My daughter can take it with
NO ISSUES so
she will get that script.
I have not tried the Claritin.
I know that I can take Kroger
brand allergy meds and I will
just cont with that. 
I slept a day and two
nights away. 


Comments

Jeanie said…
It can be hard finding the right combo that works with other meds, too. good luck.

I love the article -- read every word and it's just right! How fun to autograph the magazines!
Darla M Sands said…
Didn't that dermatologist look at your history? Yikes. You look beautiful without makeup, my dear. ~hugs~ And thank you for offering to meet me halfway for a kitty exchange. ~grin~ I'm not ready to bring upheaval to Jezebel's life just yet, despite the fact hubby misses his lap cat. :( And the man whose picture I posted on my blog is actually Jackson Galaxy. Sorry I didn't make that clear and thanks for pointing out that fact. My husband looks very different, like the middle-aged, straight-laced computer geek he is. Heh... Be well!
wisps of words said…
Yes, it was "Ms. Sassy" who asked, which 2 lakes. Thank you!

Didn't the Dermo Doc ask for a list of your meds? And for a list, of your health issues? So many interactions, are possible.

"Ms. Sassy" also has pharmacists in the family and is thus, aware of such.

>,-))))))
🍂🍁🎃🍁🍂
Christine said…
hope you fine what meds work well for you.
Ann said…
How neat that everyone got a signed copy of the magazine.
That soup sure looks good. I made wedding soup today.
Liz A. said…
I always write my blog posts ahead. It makes it easier to get through the week. Sorry the meds are making you sleepy.
Hey, you're even more famous now! Yikes! Watch those meds and Docs who don't!
CHERI said…
Wow! You were really out of it to sleep that long. Allergy meds can be so crazy. For awhile I would take Benadryl with no problems. Then it began to hype me up so much I couldn't sleep a wink! Now I'm back to it seems OK (when I dare to take it). I tend to take an over-the-counter med I get at Wal-Mart. Most of the time it helps, but sometimes it doesn't and if I have to take 2 I might as well go ahead and lay down!!!!! I HATE ALLERGIES!!!!! Hope you find your tonic that works:)
How awesome about the magazine signing!! You have been busy. That is something about sleeping that much. I hate taking medications, I'm on too many already! Hope you get that all figured out.
Red Rose Alley said…
I have taken Zyrtec when my eyes were itchy during allergy season, and it really works. Your homemade soup looks so good. I love soups and stews on cold days. It looks like you had a good time on the magazine signing day. : )

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom