PURPLE Bike/ Fencing/ Book

Good morning bloggers~

Remember the bike I spray 
painted PURPLE?


Here it is all done and sitting
in the yard.


Wanted to go with wicker 
baskets and spray paint them but
then I saw these for one buck 
each at the dollar store.
Plastic, should hold up better
then the wicker would. 


And that color really pops
on the 
PURPLE.

My yard is not big at all.
Total 30 mins to cut but
it takes me days to get my
mind geared up to cut.
Started at 8:15
and done before nine.
It was already so hot that 
my hair was dripping.

Later in the day the sun
had moved over and the
trees were covering the 
backyard so I went out  and 
cleaned off my fencing pieces.
Bought them a few yrs ago, used
for a bit then gave them to my
friend T. She never got around
to using them so she bounced them back
to me. 
A light bulb 💡
went off over
my head!


I decided that they could help
pretty up the fence.
I only have three so I 
spread them out. Might need
to get three more for the other side
but for now this is fine.


Took a nap later in the day.
The heat got the better of me.
Then after feeding at the 
barn I came home and 
used my brand new battery operated
weedeater. That took about 10 mins.
The weedeater came to me in the way
of a really nice Lowe's gift card
from my brother and sis in law
for taking such good care of their
cats when they went to Fla. 

Today I received a package in 
from Amazon.
A sweet young lady I know 
sent me a message 
last night telling me she
ordered me something and 
I should get it anyday. 


It brought tears to me.
If you were not following me
at the time of my moms 
funeral you will need to 
jump back to this post 
Oh Melissa you touched my heart
so much today.
Thank you.

I have blogged before about a website
I used to be on many years 
ago called Club Mom.
I met Melissa via that 
site when she was a young mom.
Her and I sort of hit it off. She 
lost her mom at an early age and 
said I reminded her of her mom.
She is also the same age as my
daughter. She lived about 
2 hours away and on her way
to a concert in Nashville one
day we met up. 
She is a sweetie.

Will let you know how the book
is. 


Comments

Rain said…
Hi Pam :)) The bike looks great! You did a beautiful job!!! I love the purple. And yes, I agree, the white fencing does give a nice coziness to the yard! I'm glad that Alex mows the lawn! :) What a thoughtful and beautiful gift from your friend Melissa! I know the significance it has for you! :)
Well done with the bike! I love the bright green accents! Those fencing pieces are cute. Perfect for covering the chain link. What a thoughtful, surprise gift you received!
Rhodesia said…
Tha bike looks great, love it. Hope you are well, Diane
wisps of words said…
How you 'did up' your bike, is perfect!!!!

Hooray for the weed wached! they are usually so hard to work. Or at least, we have had that experience. Now we have a small lawn service do our back/front yards. The best part, is the high powered weed wacked! They whack so much, down in back.

Gave up on growing anything but rose bushes and rhubarb,down there. Because of the Binder Vine (EEEVIL!!!), which came over and under the fence, from neighbor's yard. Where her BF picked up scrub trees along the road, and planted them, along her side of our fence. And with them, came Binder Vine!

I tried for years, to stop it. But had to give up. Now we have to just keep area weed wacked, by lawn guys. Perfect spot for lots of flowers, along fence, has to be just short green, like a yard. -sigh-

Yikes, there I go with toooo muchhhh info. lol
Debbie said…
it sounds like you have a very kind friend!! the bike looks great, i really like the color of the baskets!!
Ann said…
The bike looks great. That green works with the purple. I like what you did with those fence pieces.
Liz A. said…
Purple and green are the colors of magic, you know.
The bike sure looks great and that sure was a sweet gift from your friend.
Red Rose Alley said…
The purple bike looks great in your garden, Pam. And the green baskets add a splash of color. That was nice of your friend to send a package in the mail, and just when you're missing your mom. I love getting surprises in the mail. I have your purple tea cup right on my entryway table, just love it. : )

~Sheri

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom