Painting / Unusual Items

We have not been
moving fast on mom's
house but now we know that
we need to get things moving.

I stopped by on my home 
yesterday and decided I needed
to get in gear so I at least
grabbed the paintings.

I brought five home and I 
know there is one more I
need to get. 

Here is the Big Springs where
the small town of Cedartown Ga.
gets its water. I painted
this years ago for my mom since
she was born in Cedartown....
82 yrs ago this past Dec. 5th.

This hung in her living room.


Now it hangs in mine. 


Yesterday after leaving work
I had a couple errands to run 
then I needed to get my hair cut.
I had some time to kill
so I rode around a neighborhood
I have not ventured off in before
(unusual to me cause I have ridden
through most around me).
I found this on my drive around.

 

Now that is a neat mailbox.

HAHA...and I also so
this guy, guessing he lights
the way at night!


I am on a page on FB called
Upcyclers Anonymous.
A woman posted this yesterday.


Boyfriend had gotten her the 
gumball machine and I guess she
was at a loss for 
gumballs?

Pam AKA P2
was so touched by your
comments on her pics.
She wanted me to tell
you all 
Thank you.




Comments

Jeanie said…
A fun post, Pam. I like your painting. I know how hard it is to take care of the last of a home that is a parents. I wish you well with it.
Sandee said…
I love to drive around and see all the sights too. It's fun. If you pay attention you can find lots of treasures.

Pam 2 is beautiful.

Have a fabulous day. ♥
Darla M Sands said…
I remember seeing that painting. Beautiful!
What a beautiful painting you created for your mom. I love that you put a photo of you 2 on it. That gargoyle is awesome!
wisps of words said…
Good luck with cleaning out the house and getting it sold. I had to do my family, 2 story house, all by my self. Hell on wheels!

You have brothers but somehow, I think they will let you do it, all by yourself, if you will do it. -wry smile-

Needs to get done, as it won't get any easier. Plus, an empty property is just begging for vandalism. Put a fire under your brothers!!!!!! -evil grin-

Oh and I love the gargoyle!!!!!
Rhodesia said…
Love your painting it is fabulous. Have a good day Diane
Ann said…
That mailbox is pretty impressive. I have to say though the gumball machine full of Barbie heads is a bit creepy.
CHERI said…
I love the mailbox but will definitely pass on the Barbie Head filled gum machine. That is way above my creepy factor!!!!!!
Your painting sure is pretty!
Liz A. said…
Uh oh. Did something happen to make you need to get your mom's house emptied sooner rather than later?
I do like your painting :)

All the best Jan

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom