Chicken/ Cakes/ Bugs and The Bright Place

I actually thought about cooking
today but decided against it!
Didn't have enough lemons!


😃

I saw this on fb the other
day and if I was in 
need of making a cake
I would give one of these
a try. But...I really don't need
a cake laying around the house. 


Hanging out on the deck
early in the morn the
noise is loud.


But...thank goodness
this is not the year
that these dudes come
out, you can't hear yourself
think when its that time. However
 every year we
have the ones that come
out on the off years. Not 
near as loud as it could be.

Worked the Bright Place with 
a wedding the other
day so while hanging around
I took some more 
B&W pics.





And some regular pics.
That is Shelley in the 
pic. Her date of birth was
in the 20's. Can't remember
if it was 1925 or 1929.
Need to look at her tag
again.


Here is a close up shot
of her. 


See the border around Shelley?
James' brother had a BUNCH
of cement bags that had gotten 
wet, which when that happens
the cement in them becomes hard.
James' brother was going to throw
them out but James decided he
could use them as is!!

Then Julie adds the little sweet
touches. 

Just like her placing of 
plants around the 
flower shack. 




Going out to 
the Bright Place just makes
me happy. 







Comments

Such great photos but I am still giggling at the chicken!
Ann said…
LOL, too funny on dressing the chicken.
Cool idea of using those bags of hardened cement, it looks great
That dressed chicken is hysterical! The cake ideas sound like they actually work. Creative. We hear the big bugs sometimes too. That is a new noise to me moving south! The ones that sound like alarms are so strange. I love how those cement bags accidentally created something useful.
Liz A. said…
Great use for something that got ruined. I wonder if there are a lot of hardened cement bags. One could probably make some money off those if marketed the right way.
Jeanie said…
I know I'm a broken record, but adore those b/ws!
Rhodesia said…
Shelley is fantastic and I had to laugh at the dressed chicken. Have a good day Diane

Popular posts from this blog

The Rest of Today

Done Deal, Fall Color, Paint Class, New Man, Treat, and Soup, Cats and Broom